Price Check Massey GC2610

/ Massey GC2610 #31  
I have a GC2400 with a 60" MMM and it mows as smooth as glass, very nice cut.

/ Massey GC2610 #32  
FYI, the gc2610 is the same as the gc2410 except the rpm limiter on the engine is set at a higher level..same engine. You could save some $ by getting the gc2410 and having the dealer adjust the rpm limiter to the higher level but I doubt that you will need/notice the extra HP.

To me the skid plate or wheel spacers is not enough of an issue to choose a BX over the Massey.

Is this true?! No other difference other than a dealer settable RPM setting? None?! Seems crazy to me.

I gotta know as I am seriously thinking of getting the GC2610. What is the price difference? Is this user settable?

Thank you for answering.

/ Massey GC2610 #33  
It is not a dealer settable thing.
As a dealer I would not do this...All you need is that one customer that says..."well the dealer adjusted that" I will not jeopardize my relationship with Massey or even flag my warranty, just because someone made a adjustment.

/ Massey GC2610 #34  
Is this true?! No other difference other than a dealer settable RPM setting? None?! Seems crazy to me.

I gotta know as I am seriously thinking of getting the GC2610. What is the price difference? Is this user settable?

Thank you for answering.

The pto internal gear ratio in the transfer case is slightly different so that 540rear/2000mid pto speed coincides with a higher engine speed. On the GC26xx the fuel delivery system is adjusted so the engine will run at higher RPM, thereby producing the extra power. Hence the change in PTO gearing to make the extra power available at PTO speed. My dealer told me if I felt short of power he would be happy to adjust the engine to the GC26xx spec. He mentioned it would take him about 20 minutes.

The engine speed / PTO speed, resulting additional 0.9 pto hp and different stickers are the only difference between the GC24xx and GC26xx. I have never found the gc24xx lacking on power, so I have never considered asking the dealer for details about the adjustment.

/ Massey GC2610 #35  
It is not a dealer settable thing.
As a dealer I would not do this...All you need is that one customer that says..."well the dealer adjusted that" I will not jeopardize my relationship with Massey or even flag my warranty, just because someone made a adjustment.

Wait - so is it not 'dealer settable' because a tech at a dealership Can't do it (like, you'd have to dismantle the thing to parade rest to get at the setting) or the tech could fairly easily do it but Won't for the reasons you state.

Just want to clarify that as your answer it seems to confirm what others have implied - the 2400 and 2600 have NO OTHER difference other than a simple RPM setting (and a ~$500 northerly bump in the profit point).

/ Massey GC2610 #36  
The pto internal gear ratio in the transfer case is slightly different so that 540rear/2000mid pto speed coincides with a higher engine speed. On the GC26xx the fuel delivery system is adjusted so the engine will run at higher RPM, thereby producing the extra power. Hence the change in PTO gearing to make the extra power available at PTO speed. My dealer told me if I felt short of power he would be happy to adjust the engine to the GC26xx spec. He mentioned it would take him about 20 minutes.

The engine speed / PTO speed, resulting additional 0.9 pto hp and different stickers are the only difference between the GC24xx and GC26xx. I have never found the gc24xx lacking on power, so I have never considered asking the dealer for details about the adjustment.

WOW - great answer TSTEAHR. Thank you. Amazing.