Massive storm clean up

/ Massive storm clean up
Probably one of your employees on your tractor heading to the next field. Jon
That’s one of them there expensive Deeres

/ Massive storm clean up #223  
Still churning through logs. The end of the log piles is in sight, but then the brush starts.

As you can see on the right, one of about 20 large brush piles. NO. I can’t burn them. lol

Here’s my “logging road” I made to get logs up the steep hill and to a staging area where I cut them to length. I been cutting them 11’ for my 12’ dump bed.

View attachment 858659

Astonishing mess to clean up. Goes on for 1000 yards.

View attachment 858662

Saws holding up very well. Sharpened quite a few times as one can imagine.

View attachment 858660

Return trip empty back to the Customers farm. Damn farmers always slow you down, right?

View attachment 858661

Here’s what I need to finish off the brush.

View attachment 858663
Can't tell for sure but it looks like that farmer has a do-all with a rolling basket behind it, greatest tool ever for leveling a tilled field IMO. Looks like you have got this project to the 4th quarter with a lot of hard work.

/ Massive storm clean up
Can't tell for sure but it looks like that farmer has a do-all with a rolling basket behind it, greatest tool ever for leveling a tilled field IMO. Looks like you have got this project to the 4th quarter with a lot of hard work.

Yes, I know him. He and I farm land that is contiguous??? I think that’s the word….

/ Massive storm clean up #225  
Looks more like a chisel plow with rolling baskets to break up the clods to me, but hard to say at the distance.

/ Massive storm clean up #226  
Looks more like a chisel plow with rolling baskets to break up the clods to me, but hard to say at the distance.
Could be, I couldn't tell for sure, for some reason you rarely see a chisel plow down in these parts, but they seem to be more prevelant in other parts of the country.

/ Massive storm clean up
Rented a CAT D-3 LPG to push piles into ravine in the woods.
Logs have all been hauled.

1712746186800.jpeg

1712746224827.jpeg

1712746266847.jpeg

Next I will be shuttling piles from a distance to the ravine.

/ Massive storm clean up #230  
You are going to have fun with that! I think dozers are more fun than track hoes.