Max the snow beast is finished

/ Max the snow beast is finished #1  

smiley

Gold Member
Max acquired his name because he looks like something out of the movie, Mad Max -- The Road Warrior. He was a right of way mower for a Mass. power co that I bought at auction. He is a Massey Ferguson 399, 100hp, 4wd. with the full skid pan, forestry package and 50 ton winch up front.
The first photo is from last winter with the 9ft plow mounted and blower on the back.
Second-- with the blower up front and a scraper blade will be in back.
Third-- is the rear sprocket drive for the front PTO.
Fourth-- shows the front 3 PT hitch, PTO and electric/hyd snowplow lift. The winch is directly behind and under the lift frame that I could have used, but with the snowplow lift I also have angling capability when using the plow.
Last-- is the front mounted PTO reverser obtained from another member Piloon.
Thanks Piloon, it worked out great in front instead of the rear.

I have a little finish work do, A smaller driven sprocket and guard for the rear drive and a slightly longer PTO shaft for the front. Maybe next year, tidy it up and paint.
Smiley

Attachments

• MAX in snow.jpg
    MAX in snow.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,289
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,091
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 2,020
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,509
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,711
   / Max the snow beast is finished #2  
looks like it oughta work pretty slick

/ Max the snow beast is finished #4  
Does it snow where you live, or what? Wow is right! You're going to want a cab next! Nice find.
Jim

/ Max the snow beast is finished
Does it snow where you live, or what? Wow is right! You're going to want a cab next! Nice find.
Jim

My driveway is 350 ft all uphill, in the foothills of the Adirondacks. It's designed (elevated) to pretty much blow clear, but sometimes when we get 3 ft with no wind, it becomes a problem.
I should have mentioned a closed cab is in the offing. I bought a Cub Cadet all steel cab for my Cub Lo Boy but it doesn't fit, so thought I'd widen it for Max. Unfortunately it will be more work to modify than to build new, so if time allows (before I go to Florida for the winter) It'll have a cab. Hopefully I won't even have to use it.
Smiley

Last edited:
   / Max the snow beast is finished #6  
Max acquired his name because he looks like something out of the movie, Mad Max -- The Road Warrior. He was a right of way mower for a Mass. power co that I bought at auction. He is a Massey Ferguson 399, 100hp, 4wd. with the full skid pan, forestry package and 50 ton winch up front.
The first photo is from last winter with the 9ft plow mounted and blower on the back.
Second-- with the blower up front and a scraper blade will be in back.
Third-- is the rear sprocket drive for the front PTO.
Fourth-- shows the front 3 PT hitch, PTO and electric/hyd snowplow lift. The winch is directly behind and under the lift frame that I could have used, but with the snowplow lift I also have angling capability when using the plow.
Last-- is the front mounted PTO reverser obtained from another member Piloon.
Thanks Piloon, it worked out great in front instead of the rear.

I have a little finish work do, A smaller driven sprocket and guard for the rear drive and a slightly longer PTO shaft for the front. Maybe next year, tidy it up and paint.
Smiley

Welcome,

Glad it worked out for you!
Shure looks like your drive(s) won't be a problem this winter.
Aside-Got me the new tires I needed, last pair in Canada, now I need to work to pay them off LOL.

/ Max the snow beast is finished #7  
Nice rig :thumbsup:,something i could use too on my 1/2 ml long driveway,could be chilly without a cab though.

/ Max the snow beast is finished #8  
Dang..gonner take lot of snow keep that beast belly full.

Don't be surprise if your local highway dept. calls asking for back up. ;)

/ Max the snow beast is finished #9  
The snow will be too scared to fall on your drive.

/ Max the snow beast is finished
Welcome,
Aside-Got me the new tires I needed, last pair in Canada, now I need to work to pay them off LOL.

I have been watching for those tires since I was up there and have seen absolutely none. You must have captured the last pair in existence. Haven't found any deals on finish mowers either but if you're still looking, some may come up now that mowing season is over.
We're heading for the north country some time this week.
Don