Max the snow beast is finished

/ Max the snow beast is finished #12  
Not to be nosy or anything, but you mentioned that you got it at an auction...how much did that beast set you back? Looks like a monster, I'm sure it will be a great help to you!

/ Max the snow beast is finished #13  
Thats awesome! Id like to see pics this winter on the path that beast clears and how fast it does it! Great job!

/ Max the snow beast is finished #14  
Don'
We found one in Toronto, (listed in TBN 'for sale'), arranged transportation but lost out to a local buyer by mere hour after trying all day to close the deal.
Seller was away from his phone, apparently.

Using that search pgm (works great) you sent me I located one at a nearby dealer but it was a bit pricy for the age. We kinda plan to wait him out a bit to see if he'll come down in price as I don't think many folks want to mow snow. LOL

/ Max the snow beast is finished
Not to be nosy or anything, but you mentioned that you got it at an auction...how much did that beast set you back? Looks like a monster, I'm sure it will be a great help to you!

Actually I was looking for a small 30- 40 hp 4wd tractor for this purpose, but they were all in the 12-14 K range so when this one came up at about half that, I grabbed it. There were 2 identical ones in the auction but I had some inside info that this one had a brand new motor with less than 100 hrs, so I passed on the first one and bought this one for a couple hundred less than the first guy paid.

/ Max the snow beast is finished #16  
It is a beast. My concern would be whether the chain on your reverser will hold up to 100hp. It is hard to tell in the pic but only appears to be #60. In a big wet snow that may be the weak link.
Bill

It is a beast. My concern would be whether the chain on your reverser will hold up to 100hp. It is hard to tell in the pic but only appears to be #60. In a big wet snow that may be the weak link.
Bill

I don't think that should be a problem as the chain from the factory on the blower is #60.
There will be either a slip clutch or shear pin in case of a jam.

/ Max the snow beast is finished #18  
My driveway is 350 ft all uphill, in the foothills of the Adirondacks. It's designed (elevated) to pretty much blow clear, but sometimes when we get 3 ft with no wind, it becomes a problem.
I should have mentioned a closed cab is in the offing. I bought a Cub Cadet all steel cab for my Cub Lo Boy but it doesn't fit, so thought I'd widen it for Max. Unfortunately it will be more work to modify than to build new, so if time allows (before I go to Florida for the winter) It'll have a cab. Hopefully I won't even have to use it.
Smiley

I'm just amazed that he can operate this thing from Florida. :confused2:

I'm just amazed that he can operate this thing from Florida. :confused2:

Larry,
It's fully automated. I park it at the bottom and when I get back in April, The driveway is completely cleared.

I like your motto; "Make welfare as hard to get as a building permit". Also noticed the Seabees emblem. My uncle was is the Aleutians then Philippines. Do they still exist?
Smiley

/ Max the snow beast is finished #20  
I hope your not using a 3G connection, a dropped call could get ugly.
I guess if they can take out a vehicle in the Middle East from a console in the States, why not snow plow from your Lay-Z Boy.:D

Sure the Bee's still exist, lots of them playing in the big sand box right now.