methylene alcohol

/ methylene alcohol #31  
No. No liquid, no moisture to go along with the oxygen to cause corrosion. It is not the oxygen or water alone that causes the corrosion.

Correct!
More complete explanation than mine.

/ methylene alcohol #32  
But tractor tires without any liquid are more exposed to oxygen so you're saying they're more likely to corrode? I'm missing something here.

In the presence of the liquid mixtures it is better to have the steel submerged than being liquid part of the time and oxygen exposed part of the time. This is why a piece of iron at the bottom of a lake last longer than a piece of iron that is exposed to moisture but in the air. The lower the oxygen content the better.

/ methylene alcohol #33  
What would happen if you filled the tires half way and nitrogen filled the tires?

/ methylene alcohol #35  
What would happen if you filled the tires half way and nitrogen filled the tires?

The oxygen that can cause rusting is available in the water (H2O)

my rims are submerged,, a tire company did it.
He said they submerge all rims.

Right%20Rear_zpswiul2rok.jpg

My tires have methanol and water,, the old rims and tires had calcium chloride,,,

/ methylene alcohol #36  
You can buy a liquid tire fill fitting at TSC for about $10.
You will still need the cheap small pump.
The fitting incorporates a little push to release air valve, that makes the filling process very simple.
You can actually get quite a bit of fluid into a tire without any pump at all. Position a container with a bulkhead hose fitting at the bottom (I used half of an old swimming pool filter) at some height above the tire. Lower the tractor jack until the tire is "squished" at the bottom. Connect the hose ends and fill the tank with fluid. When you raise the jack and the tire expands the fluid will be drawn into the tire; repeat.

It is not necessary to prevent total solid freezing, only use enough concentration to allow slush to form under your local winter conditions.

/ methylene alcohol #37  
...My tires have methanol and water,, the old rims and tires had calcium chloride,,,

Where did you buy the methanol? I think the local glass supplier might have some but not sure yet (they're closed on weekends). Do you know if pure methanol is corrosive?

/ methylene alcohol #38  
Where did you buy the methanol? I think the local glass supplier might have some but not sure yet (they're closed on weekends). Do you know if pure methanol is corrosive?

With summer approaching, start looking for sales of Windshield washer fluid. It will be pre mixed and have a temp rating like -34 F etc so no guess work.

Some gas stations have bulk Windshield washer fluid tanks so you can refill your old container. Likely a better price than buying by the jug at TSC or similar.

Dave M7040

/ methylene alcohol #39  
Maybe in Canada but in Texas the only thing on the shelves right now is "0 degrees" and "+32 degrees" liquids. I'm just going to fill the tires up tomorrow with plain water since there's no chance of freezing temps for a while now and when November comes along I'll look for the "-20 degrees" or the "-32 degrees" windshield washer fluids.