MF 1840M Thoughts

/ MF 1840M Thoughts #11  
We have a Massey 1750m on the farm and I have plenty of room in it. I'm 6'4" 360. The Grammar seat is very comfortable. Does the 1840m come with the Iseki or the Shibaura turbo. It is a great tractor.

Ours has the Shibaura and it is a great engine. Same one they used to put in the New Hollands. Iseki makes a great engine too. I personally believe the Shibaura and Iseki engines are as good as the Kubota.

/ MF 1840M Thoughts #12  
Massey switched to 100% Iseki engine and tractor a few years back with the start of the 1800M series.

/ MF 1840M Thoughts
We have a Massey 1750m on the farm and I have plenty of room in it. I'm 6'4" 360. The Grammar seat is very comfortable. Does the 1840m come with the Iseki or the Shibaura turbo. It is a great tractor.

Ours has the Shibaura and it is a great engine. Same one they used to put in the New Hollands. Iseki makes a great engine too. I personally believe the Shibaura and Iseki engines are as good as the Kubota.
The boomers were "roomy" but I found that the pedal configuration made it difficult to maneuver my leg on entry and exit when sitting in them. Thus, not crazy about committing to a $45K purchase without sitting in an 1840 or 1835 cab first. It comes with an Iseki engine.

/ MF 1840M Thoughts
Found a dealer that had an 1835M in the cab version, I found the cab roomy enough and well laid out. He said he can get an 1840M from another dealer. Looks like I'll be converting to red.

/ MF 1840M Thoughts #15  
I really like the layout of the 1835/1840M as well, especially the levers for the rear remotes being side by side instead of down near the seat pan or in some other odd configuration. The Yanmar YT3 also has a nice layout for the rear remotes. You have to post pics when you get the new Massey. Super nice tractor. Congrats!!!

/ MF 1840M Thoughts #16  
I have a 2019 1740m and absolutely love it. Its exactly the same as the 1840m, just a shibaura engine instead if the iseki. The cab is incredibly comfortable and quiet. I added two remotes, wr long 3rd function, and mid pto for a front blower over two days of wrenching.

I just crossed 1k hours with it and only minimal repairs have been needed (front axle pivot seals) that weren't the result of the previous owner's or my own actions. My only regret is not buying a 1760m (same as current 2860m) as its basically the same tractor with a 4 cyl engine and a heavier duty rear end. More is always better right?!
IMG_20230802_195801819.jpg

/ MF 1840M Thoughts #17  
Nice ride! Are those the Nokian Tri-2 tires? If so, how do you like them?

/ MF 1840M Thoughts #18  
Nice ride! Are those the Nokian Tri-2 tires? If so, how do you like them?
They're Yokomaha alliance 550, very similar to the nokians. Going from r4 to these was night and day! You couldn't pay me to switch back. I really don't get why they aren't a major option like the r14 are becoming now. Granted, I will never plow a field or enter a mud bog competition so I can't comment there, but for my uses they are perfect. The traction on snow is good enough that I don't need chains anymore either. My old new holland on turfs with a front blower couldn't drive uphill on my driveway snow blowing without front chains.

/ MF 1840M Thoughts
Yeah we looked at a 2860M, just too much tractor for us, it was nicely set up tho.

/ MF 1840M Thoughts #20  
I have a fairly new 1840m with cab. i got it new (2022 model)just before xmas last year and have about 115 hours on it. I live in extreme snow and cold country(west yellowstone). So I really like this tractor, its quiet, comfortable and roomy. I mistakenly got the standard cab instead of the deluxe cab, all do to being 2 hours from dealer and doing 95% of discussions by phone/email. I mow 4 times a year(incredibly short summers here, I saw snow just this week) it seems to do fine running a Titan 72" rear finish mower, now for the snow...I chose to go with a rear pull type MK Martin 68" snowblower(72" was on backorder and they had no idea when it would be available) I like this setup but it does have its limitations. I had the front (54")snowblower on a cabbed 1025r, and it was nice, but driveshaft bearings on mounting bracket kept going bad and I didnt want to repeat this on the MF. Plus with a front snowblower you have to take the loader off, which may not be a big deal to some, but here, where its cold as hell for 7 months of the year, changing implements sucks. I have had at least 4 regens(115 hours), Im not sure if the colder air makes it burn less clean therefore triggering a dpf burn, dunno? Now when doing a regen while snowblowing, it does have noticeably less power, especially when rotating chute, it will bog down. Ive noticed running it in low range seems to free up a little power when snowblowing and regen. Now my biggest problem is the glow plugs......brochure says glowplugs for sure fire starting in frigid temps...my ass. this thing struggles to start around 35 degrees or lower. here 35 degrees is a nice day. dealer came and picked it up and said they would install some part to make plugs cycle longer...didnt change a thing. without being plugged in this wont hardly start in winter. now 2nd complaint is the AC(Ha! only needed for maybe 2 months of the year), it seems to be nice and cold, but at 2500 rpm and mowing, it seems to get warmer after a bit, not sure whats going on there. The heater is ****, gets nice and warm fairly quickly. Overall this is a nice tractor and I would recommend it, its starts great when its above 45, so maybe a warmer place is ideal for this MF 1840m. The loader operates fast, slightly jerky but practice will help