Michelin CrossClimate2

/ Michelin CrossClimate2
As far as the new Michilin Cross Climate 2's are concerned, we really like the look of them. The road noise is slightly louder than the previous tires but not annoying. I'll add to the review sometime in the future, probably after we use them in snow.

Total cost for 4 21 in. tires plus synthetic oil change, $1925.00

/ Michelin CrossClimate2 #12  
I put them on my Durango because the front end tends to take off on snow covered roads. Not sure if its the light v6 front end or the all wheel drive. The 365 wide tires don't help. My heart has dropped a few times as I'm headed for the guard rail. This is the first vehicle that I avoid to drive in the snow because of it. My first D, I ran snow tires that I would have to swap out every year. The C.C. snow handling capabilities are very satisfactory. During one comute this past winter, I came up on a line of cars and semis that seemed like a mile long. Everyone was in the cleared right lane doing 40mph. No-one was passing. I took the snow covered left lane and casualy passed the whole line. They seemed to handle the snow just as good or better than the GYear Ugrips winter tires I used to have to swap out. I think your wife will be very happy this winter.

Last edited:
   / Michelin CrossClimate2 #13  
Never seen such design on a tire pretty intriguing , Michelin certainly think highly of them. Seem like they really tried to make a all around tire, according to tyre reviews.com it more winter oriented and the summer aspect of them is where they performe the least, which surprise me by the look of them.

Michelin CrossClimate 2

/ Michelin CrossClimate2 #14  
Total cost for 4 21 in. tires plus synthetic oil change, $1925.00
Yikes! o_O
I can remember when a full set of Goodyears were $400. That was a lot of money in the 70s. My grandfather and two uncles retired from Goodyear in Akron, Ohio. Brings back memories of the black "dust" and smell in the mornings.

/ Michelin CrossClimate2 #15  
I'm still looking for the post about the foam coming loose in the tire. Ours cannot be balanced at 29K miles and shake violently at about 40 mph. The reviews in the link do not specify which Continental tire they are talking about.

I ran the ContiSilents that came on my Tesla Model 3 for over 60,000 miles with no issues.

Andy

/ Michelin CrossClimate2 #16  
For history, I ran 2 sets of Hydroedges, and loved them.
Have added these successors (CC2s) to wife's Elantra, and my Challenger.
Felt better/surer than they ever have - worth the extra money for rain 'trust'.

/ Michelin CrossClimate2
I was pleasantly surprised when I opened our mailbox today. I received a $100 visa card for the purchase of the 4 Michelin tires. It was not mentioned at the time of purchase.

/ Michelin CrossClimate2
Finally got enough snow to challenge the CrossClimate2 tires. I have to admit, the combination of these tire on the AWD Edge ST is awesome! We had about 4 or 5 inches of snow on our steep hill and the SUV climbed it like a mountain goat. I drove it through the country into town and it felt like it never lost traction except for a little anti-lock brake pulse a couple of times. If it weren't for owning a fwd car for work commute, I wouldn't even plow and just drive over it. The combination of those tires and vehicle are the best I've driven in the snow. It beats the Honda Crosstour with Firestones easily along with the 93 full sized Bronco. The closest thing to it I've owned would have to be the old 71 Bronco.

/ Michelin CrossClimate2 #19  
I’m balking at $800 for a set of tires. I don’t think I could stomach twice that.
Rebuilding my rear drums for $100 this week. Had a rear cylinder leaking and it wreaked havoc on the drum internals and shoes. So Im going above and rebuilding both sides and flushing the brake fluid for the last time in the cars life.
Im just cheap AF.

Last edited:
   / Michelin CrossClimate2
I’m balking at $800 for a set of tires. I don’t think I could stomach twice that.
I know what you mean. There are several reasons I splurged on those tires and vehicle though. 1. My immigrant wife had never driven until she was about 30 years old and had never seen snow until she was 22. 2. Our property is quite treacherous to get in and out of for experienced drivers when it snows. I've gotten stuck trying to get in only to get out of the vehicle and watch it slide down the hill in park with the brake set.