Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw
Northern Tool has their Top Handle chainsaw on sale for $309 (about $40 off reg price) and they throw in a carrying case. So I ordered it. Ship to store so it might be a couple weeks. I have several 6 hour batteries so I should be good.

I know I wouldnt give my batt stuff up. We just used the heck out of them doing apple tree pruning. polesaw and sawzall with pruner blade.
We cant even kill our old 20v stuff.
Same here. I have a Milwaukee battery recip saw that is great and convenient. I have an onld corded PC Tiger Saw that has been a monster for power and a fairly new Bosch corded recip but that battery saw is the one I use most.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #34  
I ride horses with several people who have the 12V Milwaukee Hatchet (6" chainsaw) and I recently purchased one too.
Absolutely love it. I get slabs from a local sawmill for firewood and use that little saw in my shop to cut slabwood to length for my wood burner. Beyond that I carry it on my horse and clear alot of trail with it and its often on my tractor for that occasional limb in my face or small tree in a field or on a fence. It is the first choice go to saw for my son or myself when we have something to cut.
I also have a Stihl 261, 250 and can run across the farm to my cousins and get a Stihl 460 if I need one, the 12V milwaukee is getting the most use.

I ride horses with several people who have the 12V Milwaukee Hatchet (6" chainsaw) and I recently purchased one too.
Absolutely love it. I get slabs from a local sawmill for firewood and use that little saw in my shop to cut slabwood to length for my wood burner. Beyond that I carry it on my horse and clear alot of trail with it and its often on my tractor for that occasional limb in my face or small tree in a field or on a fence. It is the first choice go to saw for my son or myself when we have something to cut.
I also have a Stihl 261, 250 and can run across the farm to my cousins and get a Stihl 460 if I need one, the 12V milwaukee is getting the most use.
I thought those were a joke when I first saw them but they do have their place. I haven't used one. I know several people who like them. Dealers always have them available so they must be selling well.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #36  
I’d like to get one of those little Stihl toy electric chainsaws that looks about the size of a glock 17 for when I’m on my zero turn. Looks like it’d be great for cutting down limbs that are always smacking you in the head while cutting lawns.

Last edited:
I’d like to get one of those little Stihl toy electric chainsaws that looks about the size of a glock 17 for when I’m on my zero turn. Looks like it’d be great for cutting down limbs that are always smaking you in the head while cutting lawns.
That would be a great use for one. Those Stihl engineers were spot on!

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #38  
I thought those were a joke when I first saw them but they do have their place. I haven't used one. I know several people who like them. Dealers always have them available so they must be selling well.
My cousin thought the same thing, but yesterday when we were doing a job taking down 3 large sweetgum trees I had that little saw next to me at the chipper (vermeer 7' capability) and he was impressed. He has a 7'x16' gooseneck dump trailer and we filled it three times with chips, that little 12V Milwaukee chainsaw held up all day for trimming stuff down to fit in the chipper, the battery was rather weak at the end of the day.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #39  
I am a Milwaukee man and I own one of the chainsaws and it's pretty nice for limbing and smaller jobs but it doesn't even come close to replacing my gas powered chainsaws, but where Milwaukee does shine is their 18 volt Fuel polesaw, you can cut limbs for hours before needing to swap batteries and you will want a break before it does, I won't own another gas powered polesaw, the only fault is it leaks bar oil as bad as my stihl gas powered saws.

I am a Milwaukee man and I own one of the chainsaws and it's pretty nice for limbing and smaller jobs but it doesn't even come close to replacing my gas powered chainsaws, but where Milwaukee does shine is their 18 volt Fuel polesaw, you can cut limbs for hours before needing to swap batteries and you will want a break before it does, I won't own another gas powered polesaw, the only fault is it leaks bar oil as bad as my stihl gas powered saws.
Thanks and it's interesting that your pole saws leak oil. I have a Stihl gas extendable pole saw that has never leaked bar oil in the 10+ years Ive had it. I also have a Stihl corded elec that I've had since way before the battery saws came out. It has never leaked bar oil. BUT all but one of my chain saws leak oil. The new MS 261 hasn't leaked any but it hasn't been used much. I just bought the chain saw attachment for the KM 131 powerhead and filled it with oil yesterday. Hope it doesn't leak.

On YT the channel Steve's Small Engine Saloon has a video on how to replace the line that is allowing the saws to leak, supposedly.

Last edited: