Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #41  
I have one of those tiny Fisher Price chain saws by Sthil. I use it all the time. For your average homeowner with some land, they are great. I'm sure the Milwaukee are great as well. One problem as mentioned above, it leaks bar oil no matter how you sit it.

Dave

20180711_134859.jpg

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #43  
   / Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #44  
Straight from a commercial user in my chainsaw repair group FB of running one.

= I did prune an entire job with the m18 hatchet 4 big trailerloads of tree prunings I went thru three batteries 6AH. I'd put a charger in cab it charges before I can run out of battery so I think it's awesome .I hate to think how much Tru fuel I've bought not knowing .it's the hatchet only that has me impressed I'm testing playing, working me tail off.
folk gonna laugh at me buddy over these electric saws but I'm gonna keep on.
My issue with all the electric chainsaws is chain speed when running. No way chain speed can match a gas powered saw and chain speed determines rate of cut (with a properly sharpened loop of course). Myself, I'm not 'heavily invested' in anything battery powered and never plan to be.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #45  
My wife has the M12 Hatchet and loves it. I like it, a lot, but the ergonomics of the spring loaded trigger safety thing irritates my arthritic hand. Once you pull the trigger though, you can release the safety.
I just purchased the M18 top handle 16" and it is awesome. I was cutting up some scrap lumber to keep nails and screws out of the burn pile. It was so nice to make a cut, set the saw down, reposition the board, make another cut, ..... All without having the saw idling constantly or having to pull start every time.
When the weather clears next week, I'm going to limb out some Douglas Fir trees I felled and feed the branches into our new PTO chipper. I'm thinking I'll enjoy working them both!
Patrick

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #46  
My issue with all the electric chainsaws is chain speed when running. No way chain speed can match a gas powered saw and chain speed determines rate of cut (with a properly sharpened loop of course). Myself, I'm not 'heavily invested' in anything battery powered and never plan to be.
I'm sure he dont care what you use and neither do I. So many choices and I have them all. :ROFLMAO:

He found that for his tree company it's the cats meow. Saves money so he makes more money.

Heck I just bought carbide teeth blades to cut some 4 inch cast iron pipe using battery sawzall on roof. ;)

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #47  
Thoughts on this saw...my buddy I've known since grade school swears by it. I'm thinking of getting one.
Straight from a commercial user in my chainsaw repair group FB of running one.

= I did prune an entire job with the m18 hatchet 4 big trailerloads of tree prunings I went thru three batteries 6AH. I'd put a charger in cab it charges before I can run out of battery so I think it's awesome .I hate to think how much Tru fuel I've bought not knowing .it's the hatchet only that has me impressed I'm testing playing, working me tail off.
folk gonna laugh at me buddy over these electric saws but I'm gonna keep on.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #48  
Thoughts on this saw...my buddy I've known since grade school swears by it. I'm thinking of getting one.
I'd buy it, but I'm invested in another brand with a top handle.
The 6Ah battery will be nice to have.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #49  
I'm sure he dont care what you use and neither do I. So many choices and I have them all. :ROFLMAO:
Must be nice (for you). I don't however and candidly don't desire any battery powered saw no matter what brand. My issue with ANY battery powered saw or any battery powered tool is where the elements are mined for the batteries and who mines them.

I guess if you support indentured labor and Chinese government, then you are okay with it. Me, I'm not and in reality, if we went all electric (like the current administration wants), there is no way the grid in it's current state or the sometimes good, sometimes not so good, ecologically supposed sound wind farms and solar farms cannot support that grid and supply baseload. Not gonna happen and your infinitesimal electric use, contributes to the overall impact if, in fact, you realize it or not.

You will never find any Li-Ion powered tools here. Why don't you retire to your 'user group' and stay there. You advertising that I believe flies in the face of the users agreement you consented to when you joined this forum. I'm not 100% sure on that but I'm gonna check anyway.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #50  
In my state, MN, one of the smaller electrical supply companies is installing Li-iron battery backup for the solar panels.

The batteries are hugh. About the size of 10 EV stacked vertical. The company is all excited about their new plan. However, the story did not talk about the longevity of the battery packs or what they plan on doing with the pack once they wear out.

And a side note to the story noted that the battery packs will only supply about 10% of the energy need if the sun is not out and there is no wind.

HUM !