Momtana 4940C With Turbo

/ Momtana 4940C With Turbo #21  
they do make a turbo version and the power goes from 40 to 55 with a turbo addition so I'm thinking your estimates may be a little conservative.

Keep in mind that additional fuel needs to be added to make more power, not just straight-up boost alone. From what I can gather, even when a diesel is black smoking it may still be at or near its stoicometric air/fuel ratio and therefore adding more air may not necessarily produce more power. There may be a small power gain due to a change in the mean effective cylinder pressure that is along the lines of the OPs results, but I've never really seen any published information to confirm this. The other reason he may be seeing a power gain is because the factory pump settings may be overfueling slightly for atomospheric air pressure.

/ Momtana 4940C With Turbo
The engineering info I got from Mitsubishi shows that by adding the turbo that I'm running a TD03-07T would only add 8 more hp with my current injection pump. I could increase my power more by changing my pump and injector nozzles. I might make those changes later on if I need even more power. As it is set up now, my current injection pump with the turbo listed above according to Mitsubishi will work together without any other changes needed. I can say that my tractors power has been changed. I can tell it by just how much better it digs in a pile of wet sticky clay dirt. Before it would lug down and die or almost die till pushed in the clutch. Now, it will dig in and spin all four tires without lugging down. It's runs so much cooler. it's because the muffler is no longer under the hood trapping in all the heat under the hood and causing some hot air being pulled across the radiator. Yes, I have opened the door to hear the turbo spool as the load demand on the engine increased. The exhaust puts off a sweet turbo wine sound. I have a video of the tractor running. If you want it then message me here with a email or a number I can text it to. It sounds good. I'll be making a video of it real soon to post on my YouTube page also.

Is that a factory tint on your windows?? It looks great!! How does the tractor sound now? Do you keep a window cracked to hear the whine?? Cheers Roger
I took off all the windows and tinted them with a 5% 3M marine grade 6mil film. I did them myself. It's not hard and yes, they did turn out very good. It's helps keeping the heat out big time.

/ Momtana 4940C With Turbo #26  
How is it handling the heat? Cooling good?

How is it handling the heat? Cooling good?
It's doing fine. Runs cooler due to not having the muffler under the hood and hold all that extra heat under the hood. I'm very happy with it. Sounds good too.

/ Momtana 4940C With Turbo #28  
Hi Texasgreen:
I'm glad you finally realized your dream. You and I have exactly(well, not any more) the same tractor and I have been watching your progress on your turbo quest. Still have to tint my windows though. This winter for that for sure after this summer.

One more quick question. I have an old JD model 39 sickle mower. When my tractor is not running I can turn my flywheel on the sickle mower and the PTO shaft will turn. I'm trying to decide if the clutch on the PTO shaft is slipping. Your thoughts?

Cheers.
Glenn.

Does it have a shear pin?

/ Momtana 4940C With Turbo #30  
No, the cycle mower doesn't have a shear pin.