MONTANA

/ MONTANA #71  
Hi Dan,

I too have had three potential dealers contact me in the Northwest over the past week asking about the Montanas. Two, look like they are coming aboard. A third is coming to the Spokane Ag Expo to meet our TM as well as get a good look at all Montana has to offer.

I am going to have a 4540 with loader and MBH 76 hoe right out front as well as displaying all the other models and implements.

Maka

/ MONTANA #72  
Hey Maka,

I hope the upcoming Spokane Ag Expo will be as good for you as the Tulsa Farm Show was for us.

We delivered a 5740C with loader yesterday, and booked an order late today for a 4540 with loader and several attachments, for a local independent businessman.

I think the 4540 buyer said he has monitored this site.
If so,-----thanks Mr.P.

dancce

/ MONTANA #73  
Thanks Dan,

The preparation has begun. We are looking for a good show and hope it is as successful as yours. Congrats on the Tulsa show.

Anyone going to the Spokane show, please stop by and visit.

Thanks Again,
Maka

/ MONTANA #74  
Hi Dan,

Well the Spokane show is done as of last night. We had a tremendous showing and I must have spoken to 50 people a day and seen by thousands. We had 5 people working the display and we were all busy from start to finish of each day.

We sold 3 Montana tractors at the show. We sold a LG2740, LG3840 and LG5740C. I have another man coming in the beginning of the week for a 5740C. He came 3 times to look at it and committed.

What an exciting show.

Thanks,
Maka

/ MONTANA #75  
I am pricing tractors in the 30-45 HP range. I got all excited when I stumbled onto the Montanas one day while googling. Nice looking tractor, it's <font color="green"> green </font> , that's a big deal around here. None of the local farmers will buy anything <font color="blue"> blue </font> or <font color="orange"> orange </font> . Those colors establish you as a foreigner, (anyone who was born in another county qualifies), or a gentleman farmer, (almost as bad).

The problem will be service after the sale. The low upfront price has to be weighed against the cost of maintaining them. Also of concern is downtime waiting for parts/service.Warranty work will be another issue. I heard some horror stories about the Longs,(some of which are LGs). The local Massey dealer had them and he dumped the whole line. How long is it going to take to get parts? Will they be around in 10 or 15 years? What are they going to do when LG gets their own import line off the ground. Lotta unanswered questions just to save 1-2 grand, you could lose that right back on one breakdown. What about resale? The local guys at the farm auctions snap up the green machines at top dollar and the blue and red colors either sit or go for cheap.
Nevertheless they look good and they are made by a good firm. Also they are offering, 0% for 3 years.

Check out the LG Agricultural Machines LG Agricultural Machines website.They need an American to proof it though, it's kind of embarrasing at times. Nice graphics though.

Anyway, I'll take some advice from my gentle readers on what I need for 15 acres of rolling hilly clay fields, with a lotta rocks whenever you dig. I will need to mow, bushhog, backhoe, load soil/rock etc. I just got done looking at the Kubotas today, the GL3830-5030s. I also saw the NH TC40-45/40-45Ds, and I plan to look at the JD 4120/4320s. With <font color="red"> A GREAT DEAL OF EFFORT </font>, I was finally able to find a semi-local Montana dealer, (more on that later), so I can go touch one next weekend. I was planning on getting a loader, bushhog and a backhoe and leaving the baling and raking and probably the discing to a local farmer. Any comments or criticism would be appreciated.

/ MONTANA #76  
Hello Bill,

You have asked some good questions and made some good observations. Out here where I am at the preferred color had been orange. Green has been a contender and blue is way behind.

This is all pretty geographical but I did see some tractors at the Spokane Ag Expo that I have never seen in our area before that are pretty prevalent in other parts of the country.

Long has had various different manufacturers produce their machines over the years. Their compacts by some companies, their larger tractors by others so who knows what your local dealer ran into. I believe LG only manufacturers the Farmtrac compacts.

I understand your concern about dealer support and can only say that you should meet the dealer, see if you are comfortable with his knowledge, ability and you feel he will be there when you need him. The quality of the tractor is excellent and the prices are good and if you feel the dealer is able then you won't be disappointed in the tractor.

As far as the LG website and its need to improve in the english side you may be right and I am sure they will.

The Montana LG3840 would be a nice machine to look at. It is well built, nice to operate, and good price. It sounds like this would be able to handle what you want to do. If you don't think that size is enough then the LG4340 is the way to go. It is a utility tractor with a lot to offer and will do what you ask it to do.

It is a great value and once you drive it you will really put it at the top of you list.

Good luck in your search and let me know if you have any questions.

Maka

/ MONTANA #77  
Hey Maka,

Sounds like you had a great show---I thought Tulsa was pretty good----maybe I need to come to Spokane as well /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Seriously though, for a relatively new name in tractors, the Montanas sales success is phenominal. I see, every day, that the customer"s ability to recognize quality, at a reasonable price out-weighs the ad hype's of the "big three (or four)"
Of course, a good dealer is a big factor in the equation!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Congratulations on your success.

dancce

/ MONTANA #78  
Thanks Maka, I still haven't laid eyes on one yet but I have been sorting through my printouts and going over your advice to me, (and others). Unless I miss my mark it looks like the 3040 and the 3840 are the same tractor with a different engine. The Montana site is still a bit confusing, (all the spec pages load with the title of Montana 3240). The lift capacity and all the specs on 3040 vs. 3840 are the same and the only difference is the weight,( the engine I presume).

I was analyzing the LG Agricultural website machines, it looks like their LT360D is the 3840 and their LT450D is the 4540. Not that it matters since they aren't yet distributing in this country. Just curious.

Seems to me that the parts for the Mitsubishi engines ought to be readily available. How hard has it been for your dealership to get parts so far?? Any idea how long they will offer the deals on financing? Thanks again for all your advice.
Bill

/ MONTANA #79  
Hi Bill,

You are correct in the 3040 and the 3840 being the same physically. The specs are identical. The engines in the two are as follows. One is a S4L and the other a S4L2.

The engine on the 3840 has a different cyl. head,, different flywheel housing, different timing gear cover, different connecting rod, and different crank.

Montana is not the only place for parts on these as these engines are used in many application from generators to marine to industrial to tractors.

If I needed an engine part I would just contact Montana and it is under warranty so it is shipped. This is a widely used engine and parts are available. As for me being a dealer, I know I can have parts in a matter of a couple of days if I need them and don't have them in inventory.

As far as the LG Agricultural website the comparison in their models and the export models is close but not exact.

The 3040 and 3840 are the same weight, 3418lbs.

I agree on the Montana website and know it is a work in progress so if anyone has some questions that are not yet answered on the website please let me know and I will be happy to do what I can to answer your questions.

Hope this helps.

Maka

/ MONTANA #80  
Hi Maka and thanks for the advice,

It was a big help, I did go see the Montanas today and I was really impressed. My local dealer is a tractor nut, but judging by this forum maybe addict is a better term.This guy has 50 machines or all vintages. I am half afraid of buying one, what do I turn into?? Also I have to reconcile buying from a guy an 52 miles/ 1 hour away.

My dealer says he will come get the machine if I need service at $1.25/mile and he will only charge for the pickup leg. I can always hope for a closer dealer as Montana expands its network. I can't believe they will leave Frederick county off their list for long. We are typical of the county where big farms are being split into little ones, (farmettes).

Now I have to go crunch the numbers and choose between the Kubota L4330, the NH TC40A and the Montana 3840 or 4340. I got put off a little by the local JD Dealer so I am not really on that line.

By the way, next time I talk to the regional guy I am gonna tell him how helpful you, (and TractorByNet), have been, thanks again.
Bill

My wife told me if I bought another toy train she was gonna leave me. Sometimes I sure do miss her cooking. ;-)