MONTANA

/ MONTANA #81  
<font color="green"> A little research will render lots of info on this. Anyone who wants a Montana just needs to look at the company backing this product and know that you will be getting a fine machine that is backed by a hugh company with a world wide presence and recognition. <font color="green">

<font color="black"> I agree with Dargo. The LG company is making their name by supplying the cheapest product at the cheapest price. That's basic wall street news. They are not by any means a high end company. You go to any store in the country and there is not a salesman there that will say that LG products are the top of the line. Now I'm not bashing Montana tractors so don't go that way. You said you were representing facts but the facts are that LG is a global company but they are not known for producing top of the line products.
</font>

<font color="green">The problem will be service after the sale. The low upfront price has to be weighed against the cost of maintaining them. Also of concern is downtime waiting for parts/service.Warranty work will be another issue. I heard some horror stories about the Longs,(some of which are LGs). The local Massey dealer had them and he dumped the whole line. How long is it going to take to get parts? Will they be around in 10 or 15 years? What are they going to do when LG gets their own import line off the ground. Lotta unanswered questions just to save 1-2 grand, you could lose that right back on one breakdown. What about resale? The local guys at the farm auctions snap up the green machines at top dollar and the blue and red colors either sit or go for cheap.
<font color="green">

<font color="black">This is always a concern with a new brand of tractors, especially with a company like LG. My point there is that I really don't want to buy a tractor from the same company that is going to try and sell me a washing machine and a cell phone. This is basically just a branded tractor. I like how Kubota is compared to this company. They couldn't be two further opposites. Kubota is a corporation that is dedicated to producing kubota tractors, atv's, generators, etc. That is their business and that's what they do. LG is a global company that is outsourcing everything. In two months they could decide this little venture is losing money and cancel the whole line. Price is certainly one issue. But you know 15 years from now in all reasonable expectations kubota, jd, nh, etc. are going to be in business. I highly doubt, and this is just personal opinion, that you will still be able to buy a montana tractor.
</font>

/ MONTANA #82  
Did some research and it seems they have been building tractors since 1976 so thats about 29 years. It Sure seem like a strong AG company to me.
"LG Agricultural Machinery Business goes way back to 1976 when Korea Heavy Industries initiated the business in Gunpo City, Gyeonggi Province" They have been a strong player in the european and Asian markets for many years

/ MONTANA #83  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( "You go to any store in the country and there is not a salesman there that will say that LG products are the top of the line. Now I'm not bashing Montana tractors so don't go that way. You said you were representing facts but the facts are that LG is a global company but they are not known for producing top of the line products" )</font>

<font color="black"> In responce to your comment . Im not sure what country stores are in your area but I doubt many of them carry high end electronics, Plasma screens,ect.
In my area - The North East, Most of the major high end electronic's stores carry LG as their upper end Products- Refridgerators with built in TV'S,Plasma screen tv's and HD TV'S. They are in the same line up with Sony and Mitsibishi and they are known for their top of the line products </font>

/ MONTANA #84  
I agree Shifty. I just got the LG weekly newletter today and they got the most awards for innovation at the Consumer Electronics Show, They have the largest market share of the world aircon market, their petrochemical businesses logged a 96% increase in operating profit for 2004 and the list goes on.

The tractors LG produces are top of the line. The Montana is not just a branded tractor but is actually a partnership with LG so they have a vested interest in LG Montana.

Keep up the good work.

Maka

/ MONTANA #85  
Spoken like a true JD fan. By the way, I would own a JD product. I am looking at them at Home Depot.

Maka

/ MONTANA #86  
Am I the only one would would not want to buy a tractor from a company who makes cell phones and TV's?

I recently had a conversation about companies like LG, Kioti, etc with one of our large venders. Their position was that they are not the least bit concerned about their presense in the market. The compact market has grown by leaps and bounds over the last 7-8 years and as soon as it slows these companies and their dealers will not be financialy viable as they don't have the market share to survive.

We have weighed taking on another line, and I would have to say that LG would be the 2nd to last that we would consider. I was not at all impressed with the engineering behind the machines. Kioti and Mahindra are a much better value. (Valtra is at the bottom, those are downright laughable)

/ MONTANA #87  
<font color="green">Most of the major high end electronic's stores carry LG as their upper end Products- Refridgerators with built in TV'S,Plasma screen tv's and HD TV'S </font>

Is that a fact??? What do you consider a major high end electronic store? Best Buy, American, Lowe's, etc. all list the LG products as the bottom. Every week American lists the different products by good, better, best. LG products are always at the bottom.

In fact you prove my point even more. Why do I want to go and buy a tractor from a company who is also trying to sell me a washing machine? That certainly isn't something I would be bragging about.

Maka the Montana tractor isn't one thing original from LG. It's just a rebranded tractor. They don't even assemble them. They just buy them and rebadge them. You said you would post some different info. Well please post the info. that shows they are an original design. Please post any awards this tractor has won and the website to verify this. People want to buy them fine but don't blow a smokescreen about the origin of them and what they really are.

/ MONTANA #88  
Naw, not going to be baited into a debate that has no use with a person who is so JD green he can't see that their is a high quality viable product out there other than what he owns.

If constructive discussion was the goal that is one thing but that is not what seems to be wanted here so I won't continue.

Best Wishes,
Maka

/ MONTANA #89  
Laughable post and barely worth responding to. Since you do mention JD and NH do the names Yanmar and Shibaura mean anything to you?

Talk about oursourcing. .

Maka

/ MONTANA #90  
<font color="blue"> I recently had a conversation about companies like LG, Kioti, etc with one of our large venders. </font>

I recently had a conversation with my brother-in-laws fathers brothers son who's friend works for a large vendor that supplies parts for a company you deal with. He says you've got your head buried in the sand just like two other companies did 20 years ago when a particular Japanese tractor company of orange descent made their presence known in the US marketplace.

Don /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif