Most compact tractor loaders cannot do 2 functions at once?

/ Most compact tractor loaders cannot do 2 functions at once? #1  

4tillingdirt

Silver Member
Tractor
N/A
One of my brother's has a Boomer with an aftermarket loader that can do 2 functions at once while another brother has a Boomer with a New Holland loader that cannot 2 functions at once. The difference is the aftermarket loader has a joystick directly on the valve body (assuming I am using the correct terminology) while the New Holland loader does not. I can say from using the aftermarket loader that it is really nice to do 2 functions at once when you are raising and dumping, but it is located beside the steering wheel instead of the more convenient fender mounted location. Is it safe to assume that most if not all loaders with a fender mounted joystick cannot do 2 functions at once?

/ Most compact tractor loaders cannot do 2 functions at once? #2  
I own a JD 2025r now but owned a Kubota BX before. The JD is fender mounted a will do two functions at the same time, but not as easily. The Kubota had the joystick beside the steering wheel and it was easier to do two functions. I often wonder if it’s because the joystick is much longer when mounted beside the steering wheel making it easier to do two functions.

/ Most compact tractor loaders cannot do 2 functions at once? #3  
To do two functions at once you need either a high flow pump or a second pump. My b8200 with factory loader is slow and really can only do one at a time due to pump flow.

My kh41 micro ex has 3 pumps and can do many functions at once, some times i even use my knees/feet to move levers while my hands are busy.

/ Most compact tractor loaders cannot do 2 functions at once? #4  
Some manufacturers will use hydraulic valves configured in a series-parallel connection in between the spools.

This allows the return of one function to feed the other one, which therefore allow to do 2 functions at the same time.

The joystick mounted on the valve or being cable operated, won't affect the ability to do two functions.

Matching the valve flow to the pump flow will also help a lot when doing two functions. Some manufacturers will share the same valve through a range of tractors, that will vary the flow according to size. So they just match it to the highest flow tractor.

/ Most compact tractor loaders cannot do 2 functions at once? #5  
To do two functions at once you need either a high flow pump or a second pump.

Previous threads here have discussed that. I have done it with mine, but only at higher RPMs that mean higher flow. But even then, I have to hit a certain sweet spot and it's less likely to do it with a full bucket.

/ Most compact tractor loaders cannot do 2 functions at once? #6  
Hmmm......never thought about this before. The M6040 will definitely lift & curl at the same time. It's how I get max full bucket when moving gravel. I'm usually at 1800 rpm when doing this.

/ Most compact tractor loaders cannot do 2 functions at once? #7  
my NH TC45D (factory loader)does 2 functions at the same time. I thought a boomer was like my tractor

/ Most compact tractor loaders cannot do 2 functions at once? #8  
Guess I'll have to play more with my M9540 because I have not been able to get mine to do 2 at once. My backhoe, highlift and dozer do it easy, but they are also high flow

/ Most compact tractor loaders cannot do 2 functions at once? #9  
Hmmm......never thought about this before. The M6040 will definitely lift & curl at the same time. It's how I get max full bucket when moving gravel. I'm usually at 1800 rpm when doing this.

Same with M62, it cycles faster than I want it to most of the time.

/ Most compact tractor loaders cannot do 2 functions at once? #10  
One of my brother's has a Boomer with an aftermarket loader that can do 2 functions at once while another brother has a Boomer with a New Holland loader that cannot 2 functions at once. The difference is the aftermarket loader has a joystick directly on the valve body (assuming I am using the correct terminology) while the New Holland loader does not. I can say from using the aftermarket loader that it is really nice to do 2 functions at once when you are raising and dumping, but it is located beside the steering wheel instead of the more convenient fender mounted location. Is it safe to assume that most if not all loaders with a fender mounted joystick cannot do 2 functions at once?

A great reason to do a demo and test of the machine at the dealer. This is one of the many things we can try out for ourselves before purchase.