Mounting Tiltmeters

/ Mounting Tiltmeters #31  
Paul, I don't know about your tractor, but my FEL stanchion is exactly the width of the 25C, which also makes it a good location.

/ Mounting Tiltmeters
Rick -

I think I'm with you.

In fact, what you describe is pretty much what my original plan was. The only reason I didn't do exactly what you said is that I couldn't get those screws out of the shroud. Didn't have the right size nut-driver or socket wrench (are these machines by chance 'metric'?) and other tools, like a crescent wrench or vice-grips just started to tear them up. Hence, plan 'B'.

If you can offer a selection of plans and possibly a little more ready-made mounting hardware, you will undoubtedly pull ahead of any competition you may have out there. Probably too many tractors and models for you to completely accommodate everyone, but a few basic kits would serve as a starting point for most.

Glad to see you're on top of it. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Mounting Tiltmeters #33  
Why not stay with a universal mounting kit, and have available custom kits (for a slight fee) designed for particular model tractors? Or when the item is ordered directly from you, have buyer specify tractor type in order to get the proper custom mounting kit.

/ Mounting Tiltmeters
Glenn -

Either I'm confused (a frequent condition), naive (a permanent condition) or both, or FEL mounts are much different on L's (see attachment).

The "fixed" part of the mount looks a tad low for mounting a tiltmeter. I've got a LB400 on a L2500.

HarvSig.gif

/ Mounting Tiltmeters #35  
Harv, just for you, I just walked my unprotected, non-Carhartted body out into the frigid Connecticut air, with tape measure and lantern in hand, far away to the lonely dark field where my 2910 is recovering. Eerie noises surrounded me.

On my FEL stanchion placement, the top of the tiltmeter is 34" off the ground and about 8" below the level of the bottom of my dashboard. Easily viewable with a downward glance.

All the current B's have similar stanchions. Yours is obviously different. Is your FEL a quick disconnect? (If you don't know what that means, it means your FEL automatically falls off when you brushhog my stickerbushes.)

In return, please answer this question: Since we know you are now 200 miles from your tractor, why the heck do you happen to have a picture of your FEL stanchion? (At least I can understand Von's photo interests.) /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Glenn

/ Mounting Tiltmeters #36  
scruffy,
My thoughts when I started traveling the last two days
to view different tractors was same as yours. At least
for now, I think R&D is in order. Yesterday, I had a man
call and ask where to mount on a 1954 Massey-50. I have
never even seen a 1954 Massey. I get at least one call per
week asking where to mount on a tractor I have never seen.
I hope to have a universal mount someday, but I need to
see many more tractors first. My cousin has a 1979? J.D.
650. Has less than 300 actual hrs. Mint condition. Could
not find anywhere to easily mount on it. He says the
tractor is fairly rare. I will work on mount system as time
allows. Between Honey do's, R&D on dual axis model,
marketing to o.e.ms, running shop, answering phone, it may
take a little time. Rick

/ Mounting Tiltmeters #37  
Harv, I think you will find that all nuts and bolts on the tractor are metric, but on the loader you have both metric and SAE. That way you get to buy more wrenches to start with, and spend more time looking for the right one when you start to use them./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Mounting Tiltmeters
Glenn -

Wow! You risked all just to find an answer for li'l ol' me!

I'm touched.

... and a little scared. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Yes, my FEL is a quick-disconnect, so I will avoid your stickerbushes.

I'm at a loss here -- doesn't everybody take a picture of their FEL stanchion the day they take delivery? I thought I was just following standard procedure. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Okay -- I did take a lot of pictures the first time I had to say good-bye to my 'Bota to return to the 'burbs. I had a lot of enhancements in mind, but hadn't worked out the details yet, so I took snapshots and wrote down measurements of all the relevant areas. I originally thought I might be able to mount an ammo box on the FEL mounting bracket shown in the picture. I didn't have an ammo box to measure at the time, so I recorded the data and brought it home with me.

For every picture I post on this board, I probably have 10 or 15 you will never see (count your blessings). It is actually quite frustrating to be separated from my tractor for weeks at a time, so this is how I fill the gaps. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Mounting Tiltmeters #39  
Well, it was actually just my backyard, but it's a slow night and I occasionally take dramatic liberties.

The tiltmeter placement is one that owner's with high FEL stanchions should consider. (Is that the right spelling?)

/ Mounting Tiltmeters
Glenn -

<font color=blue>The tiltmeter placement is one that owner's with high FEL stanchions should consider. (Is that the right spelling?) </font color=blue>

Yes -- "FEL" is the correct spelling. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

HarvSig.gif