Must be fall ... the Moles are back

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back #11  
We have more than our share of moles in the yard, even now. A few months ago, I bought a Victor Mole Trap and tried setting it in about 3 locations, leaving it for several days each time, and have never caught a one. Just haven't had Sarg's luck. Today I learned of a Harbor Freight store not far from us that I didn't know existed, so I went to see it, actually was looking for something like a farm jack, but smaller and lighter. But my wife went with me, and she saw these Windmill Mole Chasers. I told her I'd be very surprised if they worked, but she asked an employee at the store and he said he'd had customers drive down from Oklahoma just to buy them because the stores up there were out. So as you might expect, I had to buy one, assemble it, and put it in the yard this afternoon.:D

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back #12  
Now all you need to do now Bird is put a generator on it and you'll be "Green":)

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back #13  
I had a friend tell me that he uses his 4 wheeler to gas moles. He runs a tube from the exhaust down into a tunnel that is getting traffic. He says it works...

That got me to thinking about using a "2 minute smoke bomb".
Once my guys wake up I hope to put them back to sleep by planting a couple in their runs to see what happens. If that doesn't work I will try my 4 wheeler.

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back #16  
Bill, I've never seen one of those twin set Victors, don't quite understand just how they work, but they're definitely too expensive. And the Rodenator? That looks like it might do more damage to my yard that the moles are doing.:laughing: I have two new mounds in the yard this morning; one less than 6 feet from the new Windmill.:laughing: So I set the trap again, too, and we'll see what happens.

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back #17  
What about just flooding the holes with the hose?

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back
Well gang.........here we go again.

Two photos just taken out the window showing a very small section of damaged lawn. This is about one tenth of the total area so far.

The other picture shows the "Mole trap Bucket" I created last year with the trap on top that I have had the most success with so far.

It'll be a busy spring and once again ..... the best method I have found is taking great care in the setting of each trap ..... and just being more tenacious than the little critters are.

First thing after the frost is gone is rolling it all down with the 900 pound roller and then pouncing on every new sign of active moles with trapsets.

/ Must be fall ... the Moles are back #20  
SARG--that is shocking to see.
We are new to this area and I have not seen any moles--do you even see them?---but we do have small holes near some newer trees. Not in the lawn.
Maybe mice but I don't know.
Then again, I have dogs as a deterrent.
We have, however, found some dead critters occasionally that look like 3 inch long lobsters--no kidding-- and people tell me they live in holes around the yard.
I have no idea.