My 2008 F450 XLT 4x4 6.4L

/ My 2008 F450 XLT 4x4 6.4L #31  
Is that dark green or black? My '06 looks very similar except without the obvious change on the front fender that the 6.4's have. I generally have my truck tuned for towing but as I'm sure you have read, I can give a new Camaro or Mustang a run for their money in performance mode. QUOTE]

Racing those 6 cylinders?

"C" 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for Factory Stock Vehicles

Dargo the reason the mechanic installed arp studs is that the ford torque to yield studs are a known flaw.

Guess you have not been around modern Diesels. $500 of mods and you can get a truck running in the high 13's. Not bad for a 7,500# to 8,000# Truck.

My 04 F-250 with a Quadzilla chip and a MAC intake and filter can do 14.1@98mph. Neighbors brothers 05 Dmax with the same setup runs 13.9 with basically nothing done other than a chip and a air filter.

Chris

/ My 2008 F450 XLT 4x4 6.4L #32  
Is that dark green or black? My '06 looks very similar except without the obvious change on the front fender that the 6.4's have. I generally have my truck tuned for towing but as I'm sure you have read, I can give a new Camaro or Mustang a run for their money in performance mode. QUOTE]

Racing those 6 cylinders?

"C" 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for Factory Stock Vehicles

Dargo the reason the mechanic installed arp studs is that the ford torque to yield studs are a known flaw.

I agree with DP, you clearly haven't been around many diesel pickups. Contrary to what you seem to believe, I'm not aware of any factory heads or headstuds that will take the boost I can put out when turned up. Due to your sarcasm, I'll not bother to post the run tickets for my pickup that weighed just over 8700 pounds without me in it. I ran it with the filled toolbox in the bed of the truck and all.

My previous pickup was a '96 Dodge and I had to install larger head studs and O ring the head after the turbo and injector change. After I put in Clint Canon's ATS transmission with the billet input shaft and all, the truck was very quick and reliable as well. I suppose you're going to tell us all that the Cummins 5.9 are known to have a flaw in their head studs? :laughing: Stick with what you know. Clearly it's not diesel pickups. ;)

/ My 2008 F450 XLT 4x4 6.4L #33  
Your fuel economy is spot on.

I have two years of experience (38k miles) now with my 2008 F350 4x4 Crew 6.4L Auto 4.30L Tow Boss Package.

Summer fuel empty ~12.5 mpg.
Winter fuel empty ~11.7 mpg.
Summer fuel highway speed towing 14-16k (east coast hills) ~ 9-10 mpg.
Winter about 15% less (not a lot of experience in winter heavy towing)

The Tow Command is absolutely the best feature of the truck. I only have 22 years of towing experience, but I will tell you the last 2 years have been the best. I almost opted against the Tow Command, but glad I have it now.

Soon (next 15-20 days) I will be upgrading the truck. I will post some updated MPG numbers if anybody is interested.

/ My 2008 F450 XLT 4x4 6.4L #34  
I agree with DP, you clearly haven't been around many diesel pickups. Contrary to what you seem to believe, I'm not aware of any factory heads or headstuds that will take the boost I can put out when turned up. Due to your sarcasm, I'll not bother to post the run tickets for my pickup that weighed just over 8700 pounds without me in it. I ran it with the filled toolbox in the bed of the truck and all.

My previous pickup was a '96 Dodge and I had to install larger head studs and O ring the head after the turbo and injector change. After I put in Clint Canon's ATS transmission with the billet input shaft and all, the truck was very quick and reliable as well. I suppose you're going to tell us all that the Cummins 5.9 are known to have a flaw in their head studs? :laughing: Stick with what you know. Clearly it's not diesel pickups. ;)

I run an 2007.5 2500 crew cab duramax with efi live dsp5 tuned by idaho Rob and transgo jr for my allison. It wasn't sarcasm
Common 6.0L Power Stroke Problems

the 6.0 is why international and ford split ways. The 5.9 cummins is a great motor a few issues with a death pin on a few years and a casting issue with a few engines and the rest will outlive the rest of the truck. So keep preaching...............

Last edited:
   / My 2008 F450 XLT 4x4 6.4L #35  
I run an 2007.5 2500 crew cab duramax with efi live dsp5 tuned by idaho Rob and transgo jr for my allison. It wasn't sarcasm
Common 6.0L Power Stroke Problems

the 6.0 is why international and ford split ways. The 5.9 cummins is a great motor a few issues with a death pin on a few years and a casting issue with a few engines and the rest will outlive the rest of the truck. So keep preaching...............

Gees, you're not sarcastic, huh? As per the link you attached "a set of head studs alone bulletproofs the 6.0L Power Stroke". If you're not running in the low 13 second range, or less, with only a 2500 "tuned" Duramax, you flat missed the boat. Gosh, wouldn't it be terrible to have my "problem" (according to you) 6.0 PSD that weighs a ton more than your truck blow you off the track? :laughing: :laughing: I'm plenty happy with the performance and reliability of my truck and the taxpayers didn't have to help pay for it. :eek: I was hoping you were sarcastic, it would have given you more credibility. Casting aspersions about the Cummins "KDP", that you clearly read on the internet, (we all know everything you read on the internet is true) as if it were a major concern only adds to your issues.

/ My 2008 F450 XLT 4x4 6.4L #36  
Gees, you're not sarcastic, huh? As per the link you attached "a set of head studs alone bulletproofs the 6.0L Power Stroke". If you're not running in the low 13 second range, or less, with only a 2500 "tuned" Duramax, you flat missed the boat. Gosh, wouldn't it be terrible to have my "problem" (according to you) 6.0 PSD that weighs a ton more than your truck blow you off the track? :laughing: :laughing: I'm plenty happy with the performance and reliability of my truck and the taxpayers didn't have to help pay for it. :eek: I was hoping you were sarcastic, it would have given you more credibility. Casting aspersions about the Cummins "KDP", that you clearly read on the internet, (we all know everything you read on the internet is true) as if it were a major concern only adds to your issues.

Clearly read on the net, I don't have enough time in my schedule for that, but I did grow up in a family with a nice sized trucking business, spent a large amount of time in the garage after school and during my college years. Skinned more than a few knuckles on cummin big cam, e6 macks, and a few 3406b engines. Even played around with an old 1693 and a 3412, both were like a tire fire on start up when it got cold.

I guess you feel entitled since you work on diesels for a living, and all other answers are incorrect. Please explain how the public paid for my truck? G.M. received bail out money not me.

If the 6.0 was such a great engine why did ford and international part ways? Was it due to how they couldn't agree on how to settle all the warranty claims and lawsuits. If your happy with the performance and reliability of the 6.0, be careful you don't trip over that high bar you have set. :confused2:

Since I've had the duramax I've never lost to a ford, that includes when the truck was stock, but then I don't drive around looking for races but they find me sometimes.

Your truck must be lightning fast to be able to run with one of the new cameros with your truck full of tools. What are you carrying 800-1000lbs in back, if not more,and your able to run with them. Roughly for every 100lbs you remove you decrease your time by a tenth of a second in the quarter so that's .8 to 1.0 seconds faster when empty.

If a stock ss camero runs 13.2 seconds or faster in the quarter and your right there with them, then you must be an incredible diesel tuner. Without the tools your running low 12's with just a programmer or possibly breaking into the 11's. I'll be sure to forward this to diesel power magazine since they will most surely want to do a full write up on a vehicle with only a program running so well. FYI that is sarcasm. :thumbsup:

/ My 2008 F450 XLT 4x4 6.4L #37  
Clearly read on the net, I don't have enough time in my schedule for that, but I did grow up in a family with a nice sized trucking business, spent a large amount of time in the garage after school and during my college years. Skinned more than a few knuckles on cummin big cam, e6 macks, and a few 3406b engines. Even played around with an old 1693 and a 3412, both were like a tire fire on start up when it got cold.

I guess you feel entitled since you work on diesels for a living, and all other answers are incorrect. Please explain how the public paid for my truck? G.M. received bail out money not me.

If the 6.0 was such a great engine why did ford and international part ways? Was it due to how they couldn't agree on how to settle all the warranty claims and lawsuits. If your happy with the performance and reliability of the 6.0, be careful you don't trip over that high bar you have set. :confused2:

Since I've had the duramax I've never lost to a ford, that includes when the truck was stock, but then I don't drive around looking for races but they find me sometimes.

Your truck must be lightning fast to be able to run with one of the new cameros with your truck full of tools. What are you carrying 800-1000lbs in back, if not more,and your able to run with them. Roughly for every 100lbs you remove you decrease your time by a tenth of a second in the quarter so that's .8 to 1.0 seconds faster when empty.

If a stock ss camero runs 13.2 seconds or faster in the quarter and your right there with them, then you must be an incredible diesel tuner. Without the tools your running low 12's with just a programmer or possibly breaking into the 11's. I'll be sure to forward this to diesel power magazine since they will most surely want to do a full write up on a vehicle with only a program running so well. FYI that is sarcasm. :thumbsup:

Lets stay on topic here. Dargo did post his time and weight slips along with a video of the truck at the track and its crazy fast for a Dually 4x4, Ford or not.

This is about Brians new truck. You guys are arguing about a totally different motor.

Chris

/ My 2008 F450 XLT 4x4 6.4L #38  
Lets stay on topic here. Dargo did post his time and weight slips along with a video of the truck at the track and its crazy fast for a Dually 4x4, Ford or not.

This is about Brians new truck. You guys are arguing about a totally different motor.

Chris

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::eek:

/ My 2008 F450 XLT 4x4 6.4L #39  

Chris

Diamondpilot your the one that assumed that I hadn't been around a modern diesel engine. Ironically, it was I who defended you when you were posting about your titan. As for weight slips and video there are a ton on the web.

Again Brian good luck with the f 450, you picked a vehicle that is made to do heavy towing on a daily basis.

/ My 2008 F450 XLT 4x4 6.4L #40  
Diamondpilot your the one that assumed that I hadn't been around a modern diesel engine. Ironically, it was I who defended you when you were posting about your titan. As for weight slips and video there are a ton on the web.

Again Brian good luck with the f 450, you picked a vehicle that is made to do heavy towing on a daily basis.

I am sorry for that. But as you know its very easy to get these truck into the 13 second area and the 12 second area is not hard to do. Its much easier to make a 8,000# diesel truck pick up 2 seconds than it is a 3,500# gas car. There is so much potential in these engines its easy.

I appreciate you with the Titan. Its been a great truck. It just towed 8,000# 400 miles at 75 mph and got 11 mpg. I just washed it today and was thinking how much I like it other than the 14.5 mpg average. It simply sucks the gas but does what its made for very well. Better than any other gas 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton I have owned, about 8.

All I was trying to say is we always get way off topic. We are talking about Brians new truck, not what a Cummins or Dmax can do. Its obvious we all love our trucks. I am as guilty as anyone. Personally I love my 2 6.0L Fords. I know they do not have a good reputation but I have found them to be the best two diesel trucks I have owned and virtually trouble free.

I am trying to turn a new leaf and stay out of other discussions. If someone wants brand X that may make me shake my head and cringe but its there money.

Chris