My Golf Cart Top -> Tractor Top build

/ My Golf Cart Top -> Tractor Top build #1  

2fs2ns

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1528
Sick of the old umbrella I used to have, and the little buccee's umbrella just isn't going to survive more than a few tree scrubs.
64530441086__BAB12C0C-E6C8-48F9-B2E2-D98C9FE09A3C.jpg

Picked up the golf cart top from a golf cart place, $25. Seems to be the going rate around here.

IMG_3537.jpg

Frame is made out of one of those adjustable bed frames I had lying around.

64529849080__5284517C-F178-40A1-94CB-CE4C5CBD9D9A.jpg

Just welded at the intersections (we'll see how long my lousy welds hold...)

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg

This is where I left off yesterday. I took it down, cleaned up the metal, ground off some of the sharp corners, and painted it.

Seems rock solid, should hold up ok just mowing my small acreage, all pretty smooth terrain.

/ My Golf Cart Top -> Tractor Top build #2  
looks good.. and fits great.. i added a fan to mine works pretty well..just remember going around trees..

/ My Golf Cart Top -> Tractor Top build #3  
Sick of the old umbrella I used to have, and the little buccee's umbrella just isn't going to survive more than a few tree scrubs.
View attachment 703295

Picked up the golf cart top from a golf cart place, $25. Seems to be the going rate around here.

View attachment 703296

Frame is made out of one of those adjustable bed frames I had lying around.

View attachment 703297

Just welded at the intersections (we'll see how long my lousy welds hold...)

View attachment 703298

View attachment 703299

This is where I left off yesterday. I took it down, cleaned up the metal, ground off some of the sharp corners, and painted it.

Seems rock solid, should hold up ok just mowing my small acreage, all pretty smooth terrain.
Hey that looks pretty good! Considering what You have into it, Where did You find a golf cart roof that cheap ? I've been looking for one did you get it out of a salvage yard? & with the frame You could attach work lights a small fan & even a radio :cool:. & that is a nice M-F 1528(y).

/ My Golf Cart Top -> Tractor Top build
I called around to places that sell golf carts, one was only $20, but they were like 30 mins away. There's a store 5 mins from my that had them for $25. Whole stacks of them... I think they're pull off's when folks upgrade them.

Definitely going to add a fan, maybe a phone mount of some sort.

/ My Golf Cart Top -> Tractor Top build #5  
I called around to places that sell golf carts, one was only $20, but they were like 30 mins away. There's a store 5 mins from my that had them for $25. Whole stacks of them... I think they're pull off's when folks upgrade them.

Hey 2fs2ns ! Thanks for the reply there are a few places I'll have to checkout nearby, I just hope I can find them at or around that $$$$ amount thanks again & I'm going to put it on the M-F 1526 :cool:.

/ My Golf Cart Top -> Tractor Top build #6  
I would add a piece of angle iron on each side on the front
to give extra strength just bolt them on as it don't seen
like it has protection from a big tree branch or very strong
gust of wind maybe bend the top???

willy

/ My Golf Cart Top -> Tractor Top build #7  

Hey 2fs2ns ! I'm going to check out some golf carts roofs tomorrow , The only place close to me is ten miles away & they are brand new ones that are removed for custom canopies & they want $75.00 for each one :oops: ! I'm going go ahead & get it, & they've a choice between Club-Car & Ez-Go tops :unsure:. They're cheaper than a brand new one by allot & I'll be all in for $ 137.00 , I already have the frame material & the hardware & I bought the wire harness & 2 square Leds for the rear & 2 circular for the front that are going underneath the roof & some day I might put a radio in:cool:. Thanks for for sharing your ideas & pictures on TBN & it might be awhile before I get this done, But I'll post a picture hear when it's done(y).

/ My Golf Cart Top -> Tractor Top build #8  
I did the same thing. Most all golf cart get rebuilt after they leave the golf course. The rebuilds have tons of old tops since everyone wants the latest greatest, biggest new top. I called around and I think I payed about $20 bucks for mine. The guy threw in some mounting hardware an I was able to bolt it right on just had to buy some clamps.

/ My Golf Cart Top -> Tractor Top build #9  

Nothing around here less than $150 or so..

/ My Golf Cart Top -> Tractor Top build #10  
Nothing around here less than $150 or so..
Yea I hear ya on the $150.00 even Wally World wanted $199.00 for a used one :sick:, So that's why I'm going to jump on that $75.00 ones & they're brand new & they just remove them for new custom ones,I guess they do there own in house fabrication& for $200.00 more I could get one from M-F or from a golf cart manufacture & that's $ 200.00 more than what I'll be all in for at $137.00 , & I'll have it the way I want it;).