MY KEY IS YOUR KEY?

/ MY KEY IS YOUR KEY? #22  
How about a big Ole mean Rattler curled up in the seat?:D

/ MY KEY IS YOUR KEY? #23  
Dusty said:
How about a big Ole mean Rattler curled up in the seat?:D

heard a story about a guy with a harley who threaded a spark plug into the bottom of the fuel tank. when he parked the bike he would pull the plug lead off and stick it on the fuel tank plug. he was apparently charged with man slaughter. dunno if its true or not, sounds a bit far fetched to me..

/ MY KEY IS YOUR KEY? #24  
hz293 said:
After reading this post, what I am going to do is try anyway I can to slow down any thief. In order to back a trailer down to where I keep the tractor and attachments, they have to back their trailer down a 9'wide 50' strip with a drop off one one side. they can't go down front way and turn around because there is no room. From now on I'll put the pto in gear, put the bucket with the tooth bar stuck in the ground, drop my attachment all the way and put an alarm siren that'll activate when it's turned on. Of course I'll have a shut off switch out of the way so I can turn it off before starting. Outside of installing a bomb, any other suggestions.

Harris

Battery disconnect, remote mounted fuel shut off valve, kill switch under the dash, 12GA shotgun. ;)

Don't feel to unsecure though. Most medium and heavy duty trucks ignition switch's can be picked in under 10 seconds. Same thing with trailer king pin locks. They only keep the honest, honest.

/ MY KEY IS YOUR KEY? #25  
_RaT_ said:
If you own a tractor, chances are, your honest. Thats how I look at it. :)

The guy you're worried about doesn't own a tractor. Yet...

/ MY KEY IS YOUR KEY? #26  
I figured the keys weren't providing much security the day I mistakenly started one of the 'botas using the key for my Neon. When they're both at 'home' there's not much to worry about since they are parked within 100' of where I sleep, and the neighbor is the sheriff. But the long looks they get from visitors and people driving by, sure make me nervous

The L4300 is often off site locked in a pole barn 1/4 mile from the road with no one living nearby. Besides leaving it in gear and with PTO engaged, I turn off the manual fuel valve at the filter. I figure that if they do get it running, it won't run long and then it will need to be bled before it can be restarted. Might be enough discourage them. Have I got that right?
Bob

/ MY KEY IS YOUR KEY? #27  
ozzie tractor said:
heard a story about a guy with a harley who threaded a spark plug into the bottom of the fuel tank. when he parked the bike he would pull the plug lead off and stick it on the fuel tank plug. he was apparently charged with man slaughter. dunno if its true or not, sounds a bit far fetched to me..

That's crazy. I would forget and blow myself up. :eek:

I know for sure this one happened: An 11 y.o. kid here was having trouble with neighbor kids taking his bicycle. He watched his dad wire up their garbage cans to 120V through a christmas light blinker (to scare off possums). After trash day the kid attached the setup to his bike.

Sure enough, neighbor kid grabbed hold. Unfortunately it knocked him out and the bike fell on top of him. Electrocuted.

The boy with bike got committed to a state mental hospital. His dad got hit with a wrongful death lawsuit, but no charges.

(Geez I regret typing this now)

/ MY KEY IS YOUR KEY? #28  
I have two Polaris snowmobiles and a Murray riding mower that use the same key. It's more of a child proofing than a theft deterrent.

/ MY KEY IS YOUR KEY? #29  
Tig said:
I have two Polaris snowmobiles and a Murray riding mower that use the same key. It's more of a child proofing than a theft deterrent.

Most children today can figure out more than we adults can sometimes figure out. I don't see it as much value as child proofing.