My plow mount thread...

/ My plow mount thread...
Live in Rochester, NY (Upstate)... Hoping for snow, but for the snowmobile!!!

/ My plow mount thread... #42  
Live in Rochester, NY (Upstate)... Hoping for snow, but for the snowmobile!!!

Go to tug hill then. :D Also it just snowed here yesterday and the rt 104 east corridor is still snow covered .;)

Oh we do!! Its just so much nice to ride right out of the garage every night then to trailer some place on the weekends. Trailer-ing gets old quick and expensive.. We do ride out of our cottage in Fair Haven, 104...

Kid on the way, so re-doing the entire upstairs, floor to ceiling gutting, New walls, electrical, insulation, drywall, etc... So that consumes most of my weekends.

My toy... (note to saftey police, you should always wear a helmet)

dsc05374smwr6.jpg

Got the side supports welded on, setup the plow. Starting figuring out how to mount the hydraulics. Only one problem, the lines weren't long enough. Gotta hit up the hydraulic shop in the morning..

downsize9.jpg

Thanks, I really wanna get this done and off the list.. Probably won't paint until the srping, wanna take the whole plow apart to sand blast it / paint up all pretty nice...

Curious to see if this little JD cyclinder can create a little down pressure when plowing. This plow is pretty light in terms of plows, so hoping i can get some down pressure. Or i can always add a little wieght to it.

Picked up some extenders, 80 bucks for two 3 foot lines with all the connects.. Man i forgot how much these lines cost. Really thin lines for this JD angle kit, but rated for 3250 psi..

Yesterdays work, thats not going to work BREAK OUT THE GRINDER....

Mounting plate:
0122101338.jpg

Cylinder bracket / pins..
cylinder.jpg

Cylinder:
0123100926.jpg

The problem!

One I welded the brackets so we would have some down pressure and would get the plow about 5 inches of the ground. I forgot to take into account that my garage floor has a really big pitch in the center of the garage. It high, so it pitches to the two drains in the floor.

After i got everything welded up took i out to the drive way and it would come up about 7 inches, but wouldn't go down far enough to hit the drive way.. LOL

Options:

One get another longer piston, easy, but expensive.

Two re-adjust the bracket mounts, not to hard, but I am worried i won't get enought lift out of the small 6" reach of the cylinder.

Three re-locate the cylinder and set it up like all other plows, with a chain lift. It will give me the extra lift i need out of the lever action. But will loose down pressure.

I think i am going to do option three, but instead of a chain, use steel tubing. This should allow me to get some down pressure as well. (in THERORY)

So now i gotta look at getting a pressure relief valve to put in as well. I really like how KennyD had his plow setup with that down pressure, can really scrap down when he wants too.

Feel free to jump in on this idea, not sure if i should or not, on the fence..