My Remote and TnT Install on L3400

/ My Remote and TnT Install on L3400 #31  
Thanks for the help, I have actually been doing some searching over the past hour or so, and read most/all of what you just retyped in some of the other threads you guys have been putting together recently! Sorry!

In any case, I have to decide when I want to do this. I am not sure I need top and tilt right now, but I am thinking about getting a box blade, where it would be nice to have. Also, having a blade angle control for my rear blade (which would require some welding a cylinder on the blade) would be really nice for snow, etc.

Trying to decide what to do, and when to do it!

I think I may add some aux clamp-on lights to the ROPs first, but this might follow soon after.

Thanks,
Steve

/ My Remote and TnT Install on L3400
Talk about bad luck...

Got the extension bracket made last week. Had to paint it of course to match ROPS grey. Then I realised that I had to grind the eyelet on the hydraulic cylinder as the bracket was just a couple mm too narrow - the eyelet barely fit into the OEM bracket.

That called for the purchase of an angle grinder :D which was on sale.

FINALLY got the thing ground down, installed today spent a hour or so box blading .... yay! I really can't imagine doing this without a hydrualic top link.

Stopped to show off my cool TnT to my neighbour and noticed a leak (CaCl2 and water) coming out around the valve....argh. Tried replacing the valve core - no luck. Its the valve or tube itself.

Need service call to tire guy ASAP. It's the long weekend here and I'd really like to get some tractoring in. Tire guy's message says that he is off for the long weekend and will be back on tuesday :(

While whining about my bad luck to my wife, she informs me that the 600 ft fence really needs painting and she needs help in the garden and since I can't be tractoring, I might as well help her.

Not sure my luck is getting any better.

/ My Remote and TnT Install on L3400 #33  
LOL!

Sorry to hear that... Maybe you can pump the tractor up and it'll hold air for an hour or so?

What long weekend is it there?

It's Victoria day. We never quite got our 'independence' you see ;)

I might have just pumped it up if my tires weren't ballasted but I'd rather not loose much fluid.

/ My Remote and TnT Install on L3400 #35  
Dang, you're just not having good luck are you? Do you know if you clipped the valve stem on anything or something like that? I had a scare this w/end when I was in the woods pulling some trees and stumps. I was SURE I'd fit between this big rock and a stump, and I did, but on my way through a gnarl on the stump was sticking out to the side that I hadn't counted on. I thought for sure it was gonna rip my valve right off. But I think I got lucky. Hope you get it fixed soon.
j

/ My Remote and TnT Install on L3400 #36  
canoetrpr said:
BTW MJPeterson. I'm going to be in Warsaw in October. Looking forward to seeing Poland.

Take a few days vacation and all kinds of things happen while you are gone. :D I read to the end to see how you fixed your problem, but you did not post a pic of it, for us to see. :(

Warsaw is nice in October with the autumn colors and all. I would love to meet you if you let me know some more details in a PM maybe.

Mike

Last edited:
Hi Mike:

Will post pictures today. I didn't have the heart to with the tractor jacked up with the leak in the tire :). The tire guy should be here today so I'll post pics once shes all better.

Will send you a pm with my plans for Warsaw when I get to work today and check my calender.

/ My Remote and TnT Install on L3400 #38  
afish said:
I am a newbie to hydraulics so please excuse me if these some of these questions are stupid. With your valve setup I see three sets of QD but I see 4 levers what does the forth lever do? I am looking at getting a L3240 with 3 rear remotes. I figure 2 to control the top n tilt and a third for adjusting the angle for rear blade or landscape rake. Wouldnt I only need a 3 spool valve for this set up? I looked at the surplus link you provided for the valve and I'm unsure which type of work sections to get. They give you about 15 different options. I was thinking dual action spring centered but there are different ones of those to and I dont know what the difference is. I was going to just order the rear remotes from the factory with the tractor but they are a little pricey. I would also like to learn a little more about hydraulics and thought this would be a good opportunity.

Can anyone post picks of factory installed rear remotes on a L series Kubota?

Did anyone post pictures to find your block I have a kubota L 3010 and I am wanting rear remote also I think what I am looking for is under my seat but I am like you new to this forum and new to tractors but have worked some on hyd system other that tractors let me know if you have any information for me also Thanks Eddie

eddie.

Here is a link to the post in this thread that talks about how to hook up the hydraulics. I know that this is the case for the standard L series (2800, 3400) and the older B series (B7800, B3030 etc.).

The L3010 I believe should hae a nice factory kit with hard lines etc. I don't know for sure but if it did then I would probably go with a dealer doing it as a very clean install.

That said, there is really no reason you cannot do a aftermarket install like the one SR and I have done here - mounted to the ROPS and with flexible hoses.

/ My Remote and TnT Install on L3400 #40  
canoetrpr, Great hydraulics job but...

I noticed in one of the pictures that you have your tilt cylinder on the right side and a "dumb" support arm on the left side.

I suspect your tractor came with a manually cranked adjustment that you replaced with the hydraulic cylinder. I put my manually cranked adjustment on the left side and can use it in concert with the hydraulic cylinder on the right side. I can get more adjustment than with just the hydraulics.

Ordinarily I get all the adjustment I need hydraulically but sometimes it is good to be able to crank the left side up or down.

Try it, you'll like it.

Pat