My Remote and TnT Install on L3400

/ My Remote and TnT Install on L3400
Hi Pat.

That's a GREAT idea. Even if I never have to use it, no point having it sit in the shop :)

/ My Remote and TnT Install on L3400 #42  
canoetrpr said:
Hi Pat.

That's a GREAT idea. Even if I never have to use it, no point having it sit in the shop :)

I can tilt my box blade so radically that I can actually scratch a ditch with it (in soft dirt.) My PHD just barely clears the ground (and sometimes doesn't.) I can use the extra tilt to tilt the auger so the tip clears the ground nicely.

My middle buster and subsoiler wouldn't reach the ground sufficiently to be useful but with BOTH sides lowered they make better contact.

Pat

/ My Remote and TnT Install on L3400 #43  
canoetrpr said:
stimpee, hooking into the hydraulics is quite easy. You only see three hoses on the hydraulic block because the forth is hidden away.

Your B3030 should plumb pretty much the same way.

There are three hoses that are connected between the hyd block and the loader. One provides pressure fluid to the loader (IN port on the loader valve). One returns used unpressurized fluid back from the loader to the tank (OUT port of the loader) and one that returns unused pressurized fluid from the loader to the next valve in series (PB port of the loader).

The loader is the first valve in series and the 3PT valve (internal) is the last valve. So the loader's PB effectively feeds the IN port of the 3PT valve.

What you need to do is add a new valve in series between the loader and the internal 3PT valve.

To do this:
  • Look in your manual to find out which port on the hyd block of the tractor gets the pressurized fluid from the loader. Typically this is the one closest to the rear of the tractor. I think this is labelled (FROM Implement) or something along those lines.
  • Unhook this hose from the hyd block and the loader valve. Where it hooked to the loader valve is the PB port of the loader. If you look carefully on the loader valve chances are the PB port of the loader valve is labelled as such.
  • Now replace this hose with a longer hose that goes from the PB port of the loader to the IN port of your new remote valve.
  • Route a hose from the PB port of your new remove valve to the hyd block where you disconnected the old hose from the loader.
  • Once you've done this, your new valve has been added in series between the loader valve and 3PT valve.
  • You also need to route a hose from the OUT port of your new valve to the tank to return used hyd. fluid. You can do this in one of two ways. Kubota makes a port plug and O ring that fits right on the spot where you would fill hyd fluid and replaces the plastic cap there. Alternatively you can tee the tank line on the hyd block of the tractor that the loader returns used fluid to (again look at the owners manual for which one is the tank line). Note this is the only line that may be teed as it contains unpressurised fluid.
We'll be happy to help if you have any other questions.

I use my kubota 3010 most of the year without the loader on and I am wanting to put remote hyd on for the rear top link any ideas? thanks Eddie

/ My Remote and TnT Install on L3400
Finally got the pictures of the top link bracket downloaded. Thought I'd post them to complete this thread. They are a total rip off from the one another member designed and posted pictures of on this forum - I forget his name.

My setup is working beautifully. Not sure how I did without it. If I were to to do it again, I would probably pass on the sidelink. I barely if at all use it. The top link is handy even when I'm not box blading. Helps making implement changes even faster.

Attachments

• img_5222.jpg
    img_5222.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 214
  • img_5223.jpg
    img_5223.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 222