My tractor saga or education is expensive

/ My tractor saga or education is expensive #11  
First, I apologize the title was meant to read “ my tractor saga ......” not safe .
To answer shooterdon’s question I can’t’ remember the total hours on previous ones but they were normal for the years I owned them. On this latest BX I had 8.1 hours so I took only a small trade in hit and they, at no charge are transferring my work lights seat and down draft fan. The seat on the BX2680 is much better than the one on the B2601 . The downdraft fan mounts on the ROPS and not only cools but keeps the dust off me

How's that? ;)

/ My tractor saga or education is expensive #12  
I bought my first tractor in 1982. A brand new Ford 1700 - 4WD. It worked great - no repairs - until 2009. At that time I realized - blowing snow off my mile long gravel driveway, very large yard and mailbox area with a 3-point blower was no longer fun. I'd had it with sore neck and shoulders. Norwegian - slow learner - hard headed. The very heaviest rear blade I could mount on the Ford would not clear the accumulated snow berms.

I upgraded to a new 2009 Kubota M6040. Now - snow removal is with a HD Rhino rear blade. All is well, again.

/ My tractor saga or education is expensive #14  
i learnt my lesson on an open station b7800 then I wised up and got a cab Grand L4740. with a snow blower I can lower a blade on and use in the inverted position as well as the standard rear facing direction. set for life with this one.

/ My tractor saga or education is expensive #15  
I bought my JD 870, open station, geared transmission, MFWD, in 1997 to maintain our 12-acre mountain residential property. Use it for mowing the three acres or so of hillside that's cleared, grading the quarter-mile gravel driveway, plowing snow, hauling firewood, chipping brush, and carrying tools and materials to projects. I've never found anything else I'd rather have.

/ My tractor saga or education is expensive #16  
Needs change, so does budget. My first tractor was a cub cadet 110, then a cub loboy 185. And a few dozen tractors since them, bigger, more capable, stronger, and more expensive. First I was just mowing lawn, then I was removing tree's, moving massive piles of dirt, erecting buildings. I don't think there is a "last tractor".

/ My tractor saga or education is expensive #17  
I've done that myself. A few times:)

Finding the perfect tractor is a lot like finding the perfect carry pistol.

I have quite a few of those!:p

/ My tractor saga or education is expensive #18  
Ah yes, the search of the perfect unicorn. He who is never content, gets expensive education.

/ My tractor saga or education is expensive #19  
Well over ten years ago I saw the need for a small tractor and bought a Kubota BX__ did most oil what I wanted as it was my first tractor but after a few years I felt I needed a backhoe so I traded for a BX25. Good little tractor but the backhoe has limitations for my uses. unless I was digging holes stationary any long dig required me to constantly move the tractor and re plant it to di al till further. I also wanted a little more capacity in lifting its so I traded for a B series and also realized that any digging would be cheaper renting a small excavator from my dealer. Wel again the B series did great but a friend insisted that a cabbed tractor would better in Texas. I again traded for a B series with a cab and at the right time as a neighbor had just had hip surgery and I need up mowing his five acres for six months. The cab kept the dust off but the little be with a cab was very top heavy and any area other than level was exciting to say the least ( light tractor, narrow wheelbase and solid cab = very tippy). Figuring I was getting older this year I trade it on a BX 2680, nice little tractor BUT I had gotten use to the three speed tranny and the precise ability to lower and return the PTO to the same level. Additionally I miss the increased lifting of the B series. Bottom line this week a new B2601 will be delivered. Why a 2601 over a 2650 the smaller size allows me to get into almost all the places I could with the BX but with more capability. Moral of the saga, while all our requirements change a little more study as to what we need now and in the near future will save changing. By the way no mower on either the BX I traded or the new B2601 as my ZD 1211 takes care of all the mowing chores with no issues. The "B" will have quick detachable FEL and pallet forks. I have little use for rear implements now so my trusty ballast box will be on the PTO. I have modified the box with two PVC pipes vertical in the concrete for storing shovels and rakes. Additionally I have a trailer hitch receptacle welded to the bottom. Yes education can be expensive .. do your homework.

Ah...now you are master of your domain. Never look back... :thumbsup:

/ My tractor saga or education is expensive #20  
That’s not too bad. You went from a BX to a B.
I was expecting another story like the guy that said his B was too small, so he traded it in on a new M7.