Name Your Property

/ Name Your Property #41  
I moved to Virginia from Pennsylvania over twenty years ago. When I lived in Pa my favorite place for fishing and recreation was Hickory Run State Park. When I bought this property I found it loaded with Hickory trees. Seemed like a good omen to me so Hickory Run became the name.

/ Name Your Property #42  
Ours has long been referred to a the "Bearpen" by locals, who undoubtedly laugh at us for buying land so far back in the woods that you need 4X Drive just to traverse the 2 mile loggin road/driveway. I too did searches and found several, but no one had grabbed bearpen.com, so the name is ours!.

/ Name Your Property #43  
Moved onto our place a year ago with intentions of getting an equine of some kind for the grandkids to be around. We ended up with two saddle mules, "Lucky" 16.1 hands and "Molly Rose" 15.3 hands. Now add on to this, the fact that I'm not the tiniest guy in the world.

I'm trying to convince my wife to let me name our place "Big [censored] Acres".

/ Name Your Property #44  
We havent even named ours but I sure like rdwarners Big [censored] Acres./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Name Your Property #45  
Our property, which we farm, is located in a remote stand of northern white pines that make a whispering, sleepy sound when the wind blows through them. Hence the name "Sleepy Pines Farm" was born. iinasmuch as "Whispering Pines" was already taken by Johnny Horton. When early spring comes, I've thought about renaming to "*&!@#^! Biting Black Fly Farms" but it doesn't have that "romantic ring" to it.

/ Name Your Property #47  
When we moved here (14 years ago) the first thing we did was hire someone to cut down the pine trees (on the 4 acres where the house is) leaving only the hardwood. There was one really tall pine tree that resembled a telephone pole with a Christmas tree at the very top. It was unusual and at least 350 Ft from the house so we decided to leave it. Hence the name: One-Pine Acres :)

/ Name Your Property #48  
<font color=blue>my wife thought that sounded a little to much like rural N. Georgia.</font color=blue>
That's exactly what it isn't it? It is southern, I'm sure that you are comfortable there or wouldn't have purchased it, and the N.Georgia Mtns are pretty rural. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Name Your Property #49  
RMeadows,

Wow, a subdivision I lived in once had many of the streets named
for the developers family members. I lived on a street that was named
after his boys. Mack, Chuck and Pete aka Machupe Drive.

Your name is MUCH better! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Later...
Dan McCarty

/ Name Your Property #50  
Combining the kid's names isn't a new idea, Subilbea Street in my town is over 100 years old and was named for the developer's kids Sue, Bill and Beatrice.