Name Your Property

/ Name Your Property #51  
My wife and I bought a 9+ acre abandoned farmstead in eastern North Dakota last summer. Our working name for it is "Green Acres" (with apologies to the TV show). We're from the area, but we've spent most of our working lives in the Minneapolis area, so it's somewhat appropriate. It might be renamed after we build (hopefully next spring), but then again, this one may stick.

/ Name Your Property #52  
We call our little (5 acres) piece of heaven "Dobber's Pond". Dobber is a family nickname that I used to call my father (The Old Dobber), somehow, he started calling me Dobber (The Lil' Dobber - at least when I was much younger). At his passing, it was just me so just plain Dobber - I'm not OLD yet! We have a logo, in fact that's one of the reasons for this post, is to see how it shows up on this site. In the control panel it shows up as a round logo, when in fact its more oval, but I've yet to post, so we'll see... We put it on our wine, honey, pickles, and other created things.

/ Name Your Property #53  
Well, I see it's round. Better go back and resize... thanks for letting me test it...

/ Name Your Property #54  
My wife thought she'd be funny, and started calling our place the Lazy J. But the joke was on her, since I like the name /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Jon

/ Name Your Property #55  
You guessed it, Rockyridgefarm. We named it after our first cash crop and the terrain. We ship rocks all over, if anyone needs any/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Actually our horses hooves stay nicely trimmed thanks to all those rocks.

It is better than Copperhead Quarter, but that is appropriate, too

/ Name Your Property #56  
My wife and I bought 10 acres with a 2 acre pond on it. We always just called it "the land", but my oldest daughter could care less about "the land" all she cares about is "the pond". Now of course we call our property "The Pond".

-Scott

/ Name Your Property #57  
When I was looking for a home I had three criteria. No more than 20 minutes to town (anything more is an "event" to get there), deep in the woods, (no grass to mow) and water on the property, stream, lake, pond, river. I found it and it was already named "Wildwood Lake" so I didn't have to name it... But it's perfect. 27 acre lake, no close neighbors, (only ten total) , three miles of private road, over a mile of shoreline, Deer, turkey, Canadian geese, owls, frogs, turtles, etc... and I mow my yard with a weed wacker! I operate a pottery so naturally it's called "Wildwood Pottery". This is the life!

Mike

/ Name Your Property #58  
Ours is "The Victorian Grace Farm" after daughters Victoria and Grace. Funny I tried to purchase that URL (www.victoriangrace.com) a couple of years ago. It was available one day. The next day when I was ready with my credit card, it was not. Argggghh.....do you think that someone was watching for names that may have been worth money?

/ Name Your Property #59  
I haven't named the property yet but "Fire Ant Acres" is pretty descriptive/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.

Randy

/ Name Your Property #60  
My wife and I life at Resonance - a 79 acre piece of heaven 12 minutes from town, a mile from the farm I was born on and in the community where I spent my childhood. Resonance describes the harmony and joy that we feel in this place. Thanks to our good friend Paul (with whom I get to play and sing some great folkie tunes whenever we can get together) who during a vist 20 years ago said he was feeling a wonderful resonance there. My wife and I had been living here for about six months and had been wanting just the right name. When Paul said this we looked at each other and smiled - that was it. Exactly what we were waiting for.

Twenty years later we are still Resonating and looking forward to the decades to come.

Bob