Nearly got shot today

/ Nearly got shot today #11  
Clerk snorts and starts laughing but I could tell the owner didn't think it was funny. The clerk did not see the owner's hand move slightly toward the holster. I did. His hand and face both twitched a little but. Brain quickly reengaged with the mouth and I stood quietly not saying anything. The clerk was still laughing but it was obvious the owner did NOT think it was funny at all.

If that guy was reaching for his gun because someone said something he didn't like, he has absolute NO right carrying a gun.

/ Nearly got shot today #12  
You could have said I guess it was her turn in the barrel.

or

Why didn't you shoot the horse he rode in on?

or

Sounds like it wasn't her first rodeo!

I wouldn't say those things but they are pretty funny.

Really, a rodeo clown? Well, he's probably got a good 401K and hopefully health and disability insurance. :D

/ Nearly got shot today #13  
Sure wish I had read this yesterday since I really needed the laugh. Just read it to the wifey and she was in stitches. The additional suggested comments were pretty danged funny too! :thumbsup::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Nearly got shot today
If that guy was reaching for his gun because someone said something he didn't like, he has absolute NO right carrying a gun.

Really.......lighten up, after it was all over it I thought it was funny. And it didn't seem like it really bothered him that much. The hand twitching toward the holster was probably my imagination after I realized what I had said. And thinking about the incident last night makes me conclude that I was set up. The fact that the clerk, who has worked there for a while, was the one who was nearly falling in the floor laughing and the owner's laughter after the moment passed makes me think he wasn't really upset.

Doesn't matter because my nerves spiked for a second or two.

Everybody has those moments when they say something without thinking. Like being at a gas station and asking a Florida State Trooper where the nearest donut shop is. Or being in a country/western store and telling the female clerk that you really like her boobs.....I mean boots. Sometimes the mouth is engaged before the brain.

RSKY

/ Nearly got shot today #15  
Nothing gets your attention faster than having a gun pointed at you. Happened to me twice. First time: 16 years old, working part time at a local grocery store. Saturday evening. December. Working alone at the checkout counter. Guy in an overcoat points a gun at me and says empty the till or else. He got about $150. Second time: 1994. Moscow, Russia. Working on the ISS project. Walking with a friend to the flea market. Held up at gunpoint. Lost about $100.

I have a different viewpoint on gun control than most people as a result.

/ Nearly got shot today #16  
Really.......lighten up, after it was all over it I thought it was funny.

RSKY

A man reaching for his sidearm just because he's angry over words is never really funny in my book. Would like to think you imagined it considering the guy owns a gun shop and apparently was an "expert witness" of some sort.

Just so you know, I do consider myself having a sense of humor;)

/ Nearly got shot today #17  
I think there's room for a little literary license :)

/ Nearly got shot today #18  
"Gun control" ... packing personal protection with the patience not to pull it without particular purpose.

So far, nobody's shot me but some crazy guy named jon ... who didn't own, but later bought the gun that was used. Eventually, I resold that P3AT and kept my first one. (couldn't operate the backhoe with one in each hand anyway....)

Good news is that I kept the hand and thumb, and was playing piano and guitar again in 3 months ... and without the 'trigger thumb' that had bothered me for a few years. Sometimes you get lucky. Hard to believe that I'm better off, now ..

btw, EVERY year from '04 'til I retired my '5 point' was first one up on our shop's buck pole, accurate as 'left' but with the blood drip horribly misplaced somewhere up in the palm. I never won the pool, but I'm still laughing about that 'honor' ... :)

/ Nearly got shot today #19  
I agree...let alone running a firearms store...

IMO it's only a matter of time before the voting masses compel the legislation of both CCP and new purchase background checks and implement new regulations in regard to mental health...I also see a complete review and new assessments of existing permit holders as well as previous purchase checks...The latest mass shooting may be one of the last straws before an overwhelming majority of citizens demand that legislative action be taken...it's coming, believe it...

/ Nearly got shot today
Once again, the guy did not draw a gun. He didn't put his hand on it. He didn't threaten me. Good grief. What a bunch of politically correct .......... I said his hand "twitched". He raised up a little in the chair he was sitting in using a laptop on the counter. His hand moved back and gripped the side of the counter. When I saw that movement and realized what I had said I imagined he was moving his hand towards the holstered gun.

Can't even tell a funny story anymore without people getting their panties in a wad.

And I imagine most of those getting upset 'probably' wear panties.

RSKY

(There I go running my mouth again. Don't you guys realize I do it on purpose.)