Nearly got shot today

/ Nearly got shot today #31  
Somebody should quit clowning around. :cowboy::clown:

/ Nearly got shot today #32  
That story makes me think about when my youngest daughter was in high school. She was pumping gas at a local station and noticed two or three boys in a car staring at her. They came over to her and started asking for directions getting closer all the time. One of them said 'we are from Illinois and we are lost'. She asked him why he had Tennessee license plates if he was from Illinois. He called her some name and started toward her and she pulled the nozzle out and pointed it at him. She told him she would soak all them in gas and set them on fire. They turned and left cussing her. I believe they were trying to lure her to their car.

I still don't know how she intended to set them on fire.

Her mom had a complete meltdown over the incident. Told her the next time to run into the store.

I was proud.

I did NOT raise helpless girls.

RSKY

That's awesome.

I'll say, totally awesome!

/ Nearly got shot today #33  
This whole story is sooo BS.

Funny, but BS. No one in this story was even remotely close to getting shot.

It's totally an attempt at humor concerning a very serious topic. :)

I agree. Original Poster seems to embellish the story to make sure his audience stays with him. I imagine the story about his daughter, while he wasn't even there, has the same! As the story gets told over and over it gets better and better!

/ Nearly got shot today #34  
We need more stories like that. Gives us something to talk and laugh about.. like at the coffee shop, doesn't have to make sense or be 100% true. If you take life too serious and you will miss a lot of fun in life.

I think he wasn't kidding about his daughter though; you can tell the difference.

/ Nearly got shot today #35  
I misread your post - I thought you said 300% true. I like that better. His story was 300% true!

/ Nearly got shot today
This whole story is sooo BS.

Funny, but BS. No one in this story was even remotely close to getting shot.

It's totally an attempt at humor concerning a very serious topic. :)

BINGO, give the man a cigar.

Not intended to be serious but actually DID happen. I would bet it isn't the first time that the owner and clerk have said the exact same thing in the exact same way to a customer to get a laugh. The owner did call the clerk a bustard.

Of course I would not make it sound like he was going for his gun instead or straightening up from leaning over his laptop. I would never do that to make a good story.

HA!!

It was only after I was getting into my truck that I realized he could have taken my comment the wrong way. And that he did have a gun on each hip and one in his back pocket. Made me think to keep my brain engaged and my mouth disengaged.

RSKY

/ Nearly got shot today #38  
Now that is 300% true!

/ Nearly got shot today
I agree. Original Poster seems to embellish the story to make sure his audience stays with him. I imagine the story about his daughter, while he wasn't even there, has the same! As the story gets told over and over it gets better and better!

NOT embellished, told exactly as my daughter admitted to me. Except there was some more language that I left out. The boys were surprised she could cuss them back as well as she did. And the comments she made on their physical attributes and the fact that she could whip their behinds. My wife didn't get that part of the story.

And my wife was way upset. Not only because the daughter did what she did but the nonchalant way she told the story. "Oh yeah, there were these guys harassing me at a gas station and I did this." I got called at work and told what MY daughter had done. And my wife only called me at work four or five times in 33 years.

My oldest daughter was the peacemaker who was everybody's friend. That daughter was the 5'2', 105-lb one who could turn a whole classroom, including teachers, against a bully with a few words. Supremely overconfident and not afraid of anything. Her husband says she hasn't changed.

RSKY

Last edited:
   / Nearly got shot today #40  
If that guy was reaching for his gun because someone said something he didn't like, he has absolute NO right carrying a gun.

My thought exactly!
Only time you should be reaching for it is when your life is in danger, not your dignity.