Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #91  
Call them on the phone. Have them tell you out loud that they have eyes on the exact piece you are buying.
Thanks, Michigan Iron custom makes them so i had them build me one when they put my tractor together.
Real nice, seems more heavy duty than others for the price.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #92  
BobBrown - sorry I'm late on an answer. Your Kubota dealer handles Land Pride grapples. Mine is the GSC1560. 820 pounds of AR400 steel. For that price - $4350 - they installed the WR Long 3rd function valve also. $3150 for the grapple - $1200 for the WR Long valve. Mine is one of the heavies grapples that Land Pride sells. It has been a real beast. Your Kubota dealer can get you any grapple that Land Pride makes.

It's not cheap but the nice thing - not a moments problem with any of it. Check post #18 for pictures. AND - do not forget to do something regarding a mod to your brush guard. Limbs, sticks & stobs have a nasty way of finding your radiator, grill or battery.

FISHBONES - when you get a chance - post a pic of your grapple.

There is a custom mfg company just 70 miles north of me. ANBO They make custom grapples - among other implements. I would have went with one of their custom made units - but I wanted it installed by somebody who knew what they were doing. No way to get my tractor up to ANBO. Couldn't ask Kubota to install a grapple made by others. Besides - this GSC1560 is more grapple than I will ever need.

The Kubota dealer knew what I do out here and the install was great. All the controls and hoses are well protected and have never given a problem.

Last edited:
   / Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #93  
My grandparents were Norsk. My only regret - nobody ever taught me to speak/read Norwegian. However - I SURE got my share of Lutefisk and lefse. So much so - I actually LIKE it.
My stepdad was pure Norsk, he told me once, that it was easy to tell a Norsk, but you couldn't tell him much !
He was a great Dad all the way to his last breath on earth.. And I still miss him after all the years.
Uffda

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #94  
WoW! Hay Dude - a $6400 dollar grapple. That's not a homeowner/hobby grapple. I'm gonna have to take a look at that one.

Good grief - they certainly have a lot of different types/styles. A person could get brain burn out - trying to figure out which one he needed.
Yep! And just like mowers, the price really jumps when you get over 6’ wide.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #95  
I definitely wouldn’t get a “cheap” grapple, one that is rated for a subcompact like a couple of guys did on YouTube with 75hp tractors and then give the grapple a bad review. I would find a grapple made for 40hp and hang in that area.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #96  
BobBrown - sorry I'm late on an answer. Your Kubota dealer handles Land Pride grapples. Mine is the GSC1560. 820 pounds of AR400 steel. For that price - $4350 - they installed the WR Long 3rd function valve also. $3150 for the grapple - $1200 for the WR Long valve. Mine is one of the heavies grapples that Land Pride sells. It has been a real beast. Your Kubota dealer can get you any grapple that Land Pride makes.

It's not cheap but the nice thing - not a moments problem with any of it. Check post #18 for pictures. AND - do not forget to do something regarding a mod to your brush guard. Limbs, sticks & stobs have a nasty way of finding your radiator, grill or battery.

FISHBONES - when you get a chance - post a pic of your grapple.

There is a custom mfg company just 70 miles north of me. ANBO They make custom grapples - among other implements. I would have went with one of their custom made units - but I wanted it installed by somebody who knew what they were doing. No way to get my tractor up to ANBO. Couldn't ask Kubota to install a grapple made by others. Besides - this GSC1560 is more grapple than I will ever need.

The Kubota dealer knew what I do out here and the install was great. All the controls and hoses are well protected and have never given a problem

Will do, heading that way tomorrow.
Here is a link, I went with the 60" single top which is 42" wide with 4 top tines mainly because I like to grab logs by the but end and in the center of the loader arms. Here is a link to their manufacturing site. BRUSH / DEBRIS GRAPPLES | miemachinerydivision

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #97  
I use Tomahawk attachments. They have both lighter and heavyweight models and bothwork well. It is an Amish factory but they make everything for loaders from the smallest up to 20+ ft snowblades for airports - all made right here in Indiana. great people and great products.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #98  
Will do, heading that way tomorrow.
Here is a link, I went with the 60" single top which is 42" wide with 4 top tines mainly because I like to grab logs by the but end and in the center of the loader arms. Here is a link to their manufacturing site. BRUSH / DEBRIS GRAPPLES | miemachinerydivision
Yeah those do look pretty nice. Everything that Michigan Iron does looks pretty nice.

The "second stage" grapple lid is an interesting design too, but adds a lot of weight for minimal capability effect.

Nearly double the price of an MTL, but competitive with most other offerings.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #99  
Got a 48" single cylinder grapple off FleaBay's Attachment Depot years ago, now they are $1400, love it, BUT I dropped a log loading to the log deck of the firewood processor. Good thing I told the helper to get back. Just the way it is configured, not worth the cost of changing it, a great attachment for the 40hp Kubota.
For logs consider a Frost Bite log grapple, just paid $1850 delivered. Don't squash the help, good help is hard to find.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #100  
Just getting back in town, here are some grapple pictures on the shiny new NS4710 :)
Only extra I had done to grapple was the brush guard on the back side, all in all around $2500.
1710697627767.png

1710697666021.png

1710697701371.png

1710697736492.png