Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #81  
My grandparents were Norsk. My only regret - nobody ever taught me to speak/read Norwegian. However - I SURE got my share of Lutefisk and lefse. So much so - I actually LIKE it.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #82  
My stepdad was pure Norsk, he told me once, that it was easy to tell a Norsk, but you couldn't tell him much !
He was a great Dad all the way to his last breath on earth.. And I still miss him after all the years.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #83  
I am also partially (~50%) of Norsk blood. German is the other part, mostly.
I love the mystery & heritage of the Nordic lands.

Still haven’t made a move on a grapple. 84” Wildkat still at the top of the list.
Can’t afford my favorite one, the HLA. $6,400 for a debris grapple is over the top for this hard headed Norseman (1/2 anyway lol)

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)
So whats the trick to getting a grapple from MTL? Every day I look and they say sold out.
Somewhere on their order page I saw a note saying if the item is sold out, to give them a call to get it ordered.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #85  
WoW! Hay Dude - a $6400 dollar grapple. That's not a homeowner/hobby grapple. I'm gonna have to take a look at that one.

Good grief - they certainly have a lot of different types/styles. A person could get brain burn out - trying to figure out which one he needed.

Last edited:
   / Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #87  

Attachments

• 1709142026744.jpeg
    1709142026744.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
   / Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #88  
   / Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #89  
My grapple and 3rd function was a major purchase. At least, for me. $4500 with tax.

There are many good grapples - there are some that are less than good. Just as there are light duty and heavy/extreme duty grapples. I did not want to spend that kind of money and not be able to inspect it until it arrived.

I took my neighbor with me when we went to the dealership to look at this grapple. He knows about heavy equipment and welding. He was most pleased at what he saw.

After a couple years of searching, reviewing, asking locals what they had - I knew what I needed. I needed a grapple that could withstand the most severe use - that's what I got.

I was most fortunate - the local Kubota dealer had exactly what I wanted. And it was there in his equipment lot.

I had Kubota install the 3rd function. They did a really fine job. All the plumbing, fittings, connections are installed in very protected locations. They obviously knew what can happen with the use of a grapple.

Nine years and not a single problem with the grapple or 3rd function.

I paid a premium price - I got exactly what I wanted.
What brand grapple was it you bought from Kubota?? There's a Kubota/new holland dealer about 5 miles from me. Never thought of stopping by. Might be time. I have LS MT352 same tractor and the NH and made by LS.

Good time to make friends over there.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #90  
So whats the trick to getting a grapple from MTL? Every day I look and they say sold out.
Call them on the phone. Have them tell you out loud that they have eyes on the exact piece you are buying.