Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #101  
Yeah those do look pretty nice. Everything that Michigan Iron does looks pretty nice.

The "second stage" grapple lid is an interesting design too, but adds a lot of weight for minimal capability effect.

Nearly double the price of an MTL, but competitive with most other offerings.

Bob over at Michigan Iron does great work thats for sure. They call this a versa grapple, its sort of halfway between a root and a rake grapple which I really liked the idea of.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)
Thanks for all the replies and ideas. I have not made a final decision yet, but I am leaning towards the MTL RG-7 60" grapple. One of the reasons for not pulling the trigger yet is shipping. According to MTL the closest terminal for their shipper is in PA, that is a 5 hr drive for me. So I'm trying to see if there is a closer terminal for delivery that their shipper will use.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #103  
Thanks for all the replies and ideas. I have not made a final decision yet, but I am leaning towards the MTL RG-7 60" grapple. One of the reasons for not pulling the trigger yet is shipping. According to MTL the closest terminal for their shipper is in PA, that is a 5 hr drive for me. So I'm trying to see if there is a closer terminal for delivery that their shipper will use.
Huh, really?

MTL shipped mine to my workplace for free. Of course after I confirmed that we had a loading dock. Do you have any buddies who work somewhere with a loading dock and at least a pallet-jack, if no forklift? Or most mixed-freight semi trailers are driving around with a pallet jack in the back also, to shuffle their goods around as needed. Can't you unload from the back of a semi using your forks?

• Good Post
Reactions: jmc
   / Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)
Huh, really?

MTL shipped mine to my workplace for free. Of course after I confirmed that we had a loading dock. Do you have any buddies who work somewhere with a loading dock and at least a pallet-jack, if no forklift? Or most mixed-freight semi trailers are driving around with a pallet jack in the back also, to shuffle their goods around as needed. Can't you unload from the back of a semi using your forks?
I used to have things shipped to my wife's place of employment. But we are both retired now and have moved away from were we worked. There is only one business within 30 miles of me that has a loading dock/forklift that could be used to unload a truck and they refuse to do it for liability reasons. The other reason I haven't ordered is my tractor is still in Maine, I'm in Virginia. Still looking for a good way to move my tractor and 4 post lift to VA. Most shipping companies don't want to drive down my narrow residential street anyway.