Need a new(er) truck.... Maybe?

/ Need a new(er) truck.... Maybe? #51  
Son needs a more efficient truck, and preferable a bit newer (6.0L 2003 1500HD) for college commuting. Saw a recent auction for equipment from my local power coop, and they happen to have one that 'appears' to fit the bill, regular cab, 4x4, v6, chevy 1500, work truck package. The auction is 100% online, and doesn't have a preview period, but states, "runs and moves". Anyone ever bid on something like this, with that little info? I was thinking about throwing $1500 at it maybe, but there is a Lot of room between "runs and moves", vs no problems.
Bidding started today, and I threw a $250 high bid on it, just as a place holder. No rust, and AC works (that's auctions claim), no CEL, and a pretty worn seat. May go upto to a max of $2500, but not before a discussion with wife/son
I didn't see, how did the auction go? You have to be prepared for popular items to sit around for pennies for the first few weeks, then going bonkers in the last few minutes. Did you say the mileage and age of the pickup?

/ Need a new(er) truck.... Maybe? #53  
I didn't see, how did the auction go? You have to be prepared for popular items to sit around for pennies for the first few weeks, then going bonkers in the last few minutes. Did you say the mileage and age of the pickup?
Well, I had it bid up to $1250, before talking to wife and son, knowing I wouldn't win at that price. Wife says, looks like it's worth $7,000 to her, I said, I wouldn't go over $4,000, maybe $5000. Then talk to son about it, and at first, he was on board, and then he kinda backed off and mentioned probably getting a small car instead. The truck ended up at $4250 as final sale price.

I think the small car thing is pushed primarily by; his girlfriend is going to FSU in Tallahassee, and he's going to UNF in Jacksonville, and their plan is to take turns driving to see each other every weekend.

He did get his truck posted for sale on the marketplace though.
Screenshot_20240331_180528_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240331_180550_Facebook.jpg

/ Need a new(er) truck.... Maybe? #54  
It was a 2012 Silverado 4x4, 4.3l V6, reg cab, W/T, 109,000 miles, auctioned off for Clay Electric Co-Op. I didn't want to overshare while still bidding, incase anyone on here wanted to bid too...
Screenshot_20240320_155505_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240318_144552_Facebook.jpg

/ Need a new(er) truck.... Maybe? #55  
I don't get excited about single cab pickups. The price sounds reasonable. It should have been a bit higher if it was an extended cab of some sort. Government sales are a bit odd.

It does sound like a compact car would be good for a college student doing a lot of driving.

/ Need a new(er) truck.... Maybe? #56  
I don't get excited about single cab pickups. The price sounds reasonable. It should have been a bit higher if it was an extended cab of some sort. Government sales are a bit odd.

It does sound like a compact car would be good for a college student doing a lot of driving.
Yeah, agree. I think if that was extended cab, or crew, it would be easily $7-10k. I personally don't like a reg cab, but they do absolutely serve a purpose.

/ Need a new(er) truck.... Maybe? #57  
All we see now around here are six packs.

/ Need a new(er) truck.... Maybe? #58  
Well, I had it bid up to $1250, before talking to wife and son, knowing I wouldn't win at that price. Wife says, looks like it's worth $7,000 to her, I said, I wouldn't go over $4,000, maybe $5000. Then talk to son about it, and at first, he was on board, and then he kinda backed off and mentioned probably getting a small car instead. The truck ended up at $4250 as final sale price.

I think the small car thing is pushed primarily by; his girlfriend is going to FSU in Tallahassee, and he's going to UNF in Jacksonville, and their plan is to take turns driving to see each other every weekend.

He did get his truck posted for sale on the marketplace though.View attachment 859908View attachment 859909
How many miles on your son's truck? Is it 4wd? 6.0?
Thanks, Shannon

/ Need a new(er) truck.... Maybe?
I got one of these roll up vinyl bed covers for the new truck. I've had it on for several weeks now. I really like it! It's handy and rolls up out of the way really easily. Gives a little cover and protection for small items or feed that doesn't need to get wet. It doesn't make the bed totally waterproof but my paper feed sacks stayed dry in the rain!

1714052908980.png