Need help deciding

/ Need help deciding #1  

fishbones

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054
I keep bouncing between the 2620 and 3520.
I do mostly food plot work, tilling, brush hog, disc and working in the woods dragging logs etc. so grapple setup for sure.
I just dont know if I can turn up the HP on the 2620 needed to drag out logs (20-30ft 10-16" diameter) or if I should go with the 3520 for dragging power
or if the 2620 would have enough torque to do the job at 25hp.

/ Need help deciding #2  
Can't find the loader specs for those two models, but you want as much loader weight lifting capacity as you can get for moving tree trunks with a grapple. How much capacity you need depends on the weight you'll be dealing with. A handy tree weight estimator PDF can be found here: Green Log Weight Charts & Calculator | Sherrilltree

I have a Kubota L2501 with a modest loader weight lifting capacity. So I end up cutting wood into smaller pieces to move it which is more work for me than if I had bought another tractor with more loader capacity. So my personal experience is why I mention this to you.

/ Need help deciding #3  
You make it difficult when you have an LK3054 listed in your T-B-N PROFILE but enquire about other Kioti models without being model specific. Please clarify, for your benefit.

/ Need help deciding #4  

KIOTI CK2520 HST

Engine​

Engine Model3H-TH4A
Engine Gross Power34.9 hp (26 kW)
Rated Speed2,600 rpm
No. of Cylinders3
Fuel TypeDiesel
AspirationNatural
Displacement111.4 cu. in. (1,826 cc)
Fuel Tank Capacity9 gal. (34 L)

Transmission​

Transmission TypeHST Transmission
Main GearManual
No. of Travel Speeds - Forward / ReverseInfinite, 3 Range
Min. Travel Speed of Forward w/ Ag @ Engine rated speed0 mph (0 km/h)
Max. Travel Speed of Forward w/ Ag @ Engine rated speed14.88 mph (23.91 km/h)

Power Take-Off (PTO)​

PTO Type TransLive
PTO Power28.9 hp (21.6 kW)
Rear PTO Speeds (1st)540 rpm
Mid PTO Speeds2,000 rpm (Optional)

Brakes and Clutch​

BrakesWet Multi Disc
ClutchDry Single Stage

Dimensions w/ AG Tire​

Length w/ 3-point hitch120.87 in. (3,070 mm)
Width54.5 in. (1,385 mm)
Height from Top of ROPS92.91 in. (2,360 mm)
Wheelbase65.7 in. (1,670 mm)
Ground Clearance13.39 in. (340 mm)
Front Tread Ag Tires - Min48.22 in (1,225 mm)
Rear Tread Ag Tires - Min47.04 in. (1,210 mm)
Min. Turning Radius w/ Brake107.48 in. (2,730 mm)

Hydraulics​

Total Pump Flow11.73 gpm (44.4 L/min)

3-Point Hitch​

Standard CategoryCategory 1
Lift Capacity, 24" aft of hitch1,631 lbs. (740 kg)
Control TypePosition

Weight​

Weight w/ Ag Tires w/ ROPS2,734 lbs. (1,240 kg)

Last edited:
   / Need help deciding #5  
   / Need help deciding
You make it difficult when you have an LK3054 listed in your T-B-N PROFILE but enquire about other Kioti models without being model specific. Please clarify, for your benefit.

I am in the process of upgrading my LK3054 to a newer model kioti.
It lacks the lift capacity, plus I want hydro and an easier on off deck and a grapple.
I do all the tasks posted in my original post with the LK3054 but it struggles pulling logs out of tree tops after I have cut them up. I am not sure if the extra lift capacity of the KL4030 loaders will help or if I also just need more HP for pulling them out.
I dont have a grapple as its a pin on bucket so I have been chaining it which requires constant on and off thus the need for a grapple.
Hope that helps.

/ Need help deciding

Engine​

Engine Model3H-TH4A
Engine Gross Power34.9 hp (26 kW)
Rated Speed2,600 rpm
No. of Cylinders3
Fuel TypeDiesel
AspirationNatural
Displacement111.4 cu. in. (1,826 cc)
Fuel Tank Capacity9 gal. (34 L)

Transmission​

Transmission TypeHST Transmission
Main GearManual
No. of Travel Speeds - Forward / ReverseInfinite, 3 Range
Min. Travel Speed of Forward w/ Ag @ Engine rated speed0 mph (0 km/h)
Max. Travel Speed of Forward w/ Ag @ Engine rated speed14.88 mph (23.91 km/h)

Power Take-Off (PTO)​

PTO Type TransLive
PTO Power28.9 hp (21.6 kW)
Rear PTO Speeds (1st)540 rpm
Mid PTO Speeds2,000 rpm (Optional)

Brakes and Clutch​

BrakesWet Multi Disc
ClutchDry Single Stage

Dimensions w/ AG Tire​

Length w/ 3-point hitch120.87 in. (3,070 mm)
Width54.5 in. (1,385 mm)
Height from Top of ROPS92.91 in. (2,360 mm)
Wheelbase65.7 in. (1,670 mm)
Ground Clearance13.39 in. (340 mm)
Front Tread Ag Tires - Min48.22 in (1,225 mm)
Rear Tread Ag Tires - Min47.04 in. (1,210 mm)
Min. Turning Radius w/ Brake107.48 in. (2,730 mm)

Hydraulics​

Total Pump Flow11.73 gpm (44.4 L/min)

3-Point Hitch​

Standard CategoryCategory 1
Lift Capacity, 24" aft of hitch1,631 lbs. (740 kg)
Control TypePosition

Weight​

Weight w/ Ag Tires w/ ROPS2,734 lbs. (1,240 kg)

Thank You Jeff
I have reviewed the specs on Kioti's site for both tractors, same frame, same lift capacity, just not sure on the dragging capacity / real world between the 2 tractors. Hoping someone can chime in and let me know if the 2620 turned up HP will be equivalent or close to the 3520 which has slightly more Cu In motor.
Or someone with a 2620 could provide their experience doing dragging work.

/ Need help deciding #8  
Anything you can do with a 3520 you can do with a 2620, just slower; in return the 2620 offers more simplicity.

If you're looking to stay away from electronics and don't mind working a little slower, go with the 2620; if you're looking for power and convenience features, get the 3520SE.

/ Need help deciding #9  
I do mostly food plot work, tilling, brush hog, disc and working in the woods dragging logs etc.

You can till and bush hog with 60" implements on a 25-horsepower tractor working flat ground, but you will make slow progress.

A 35-horsepower tractor will handle these tasks with ease with 60" implements working over flat ground.

A 2,734 pound bare weight, 4-WD tractor can barely, barely pull a Disc Harrow with 18" diameter pans. Roto-tillers and Disc Harrows are both soil mixing and soil flattening implements. I would buy only the Roto-tiller, foregoing the duplicative Disc Harrow. If you have any budget remaining, purchase a Cultipacker to roll in your seed and prevent soil erosion.

To pull a Disc Harrow with 20" diameter pans, the first really effective weight Disc, you need a 4-WD tractor of 3,700 to 4,000 pounds bare tractor weight.

If your land is flat you can likely skid trees in HST/LOW at 2 mph with a <26-horsepower engine utilizing a Three Point Hitch cross-drawbar. (Too slow for me.)

If you have hills or slopes to contend with the HST on a 25-horsepower tractor will poop out.
If you have hills or slopes over which to drag trees, or want to drag trees faster than 2 mph utilizing HST/MED range, or do ground contact work option for 35-horsepower.

Few here would recommend a 2,734 pound bare weight tractor for use on more than 10 flat acres. Most will recommend a 3,700 pound to 4,000 pound bare weight tractor for five acres of land with hills or slopes and flat land over 8 acres.

Subcompact and compact tractors under 3,000 pounds bare weight operate in landscape, kitchen/commercial garden or hobby farm applications on one to ten flat acres.
~~ BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR ~~​

When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width third, rear wheel/tire ballast fourth.

Last edited: