Need help deciding

/ Need help deciding #12  
Thank You Jeff
I have reviewed the specs on Kioti's site for both tractors, same frame, same lift capacity, just not sure on the dragging capacity / real world between the 2 tractors. Hoping someone can chime in and let me know if the 2620 turned up HP will be equivalent or close to the 3520 which has slightly more Cu In motor.
Or someone with a 2620 could provide their experience doing dragging work.

Tractors with Tier IV emission controls emit only 1% of the soot relative to equal weight tractors not requiring Diesel Particulate Filters + paraphernalia. Knowing this, I still recommend <26-horsepower tractors from time to time because they are legal at present in the USA.

The idea of turning up a small displacement, non-DPF diesel engine to higher revolutions, thereby spewing enormous amount of particulates, which YOU will be breathing in concentrated form, is a bad idea. I speculate those same particulates settled on your land will send a caution signal to wildlife.

For dragging, tractor weight is the first essential, for traction. Tractor horsepower is second.

Last edited:
   / Need help deciding #13  
If you want to pull logs out, will a power reverser/gear drive be better? I am not an expert on this but my Uncle has a Massey 1643 hydro and I have a New Holland tc40, shuttle shift. I have run both a lot and feel like the geared drive has more pulling power. Just my experience.

/ Need help deciding
Tractors with Tier IV emission controls emit only 1% of the soot relative to equal weight tractors not requiring Diesel Particulate Filters + paraphernalia. Knowing this, I still recommend <26-horsepower tractors from time to time because they are legal at present in the USA.

The idea of turning up a small displacement diesel engine to higher revolutions, thereby spewing enormous amount of particulates, which YOU will be breathing, is a bad idea. I speculate those same particulates settled on your land will send a signal to wildlife.

For dragging, tractor weight is the first essential, for traction. Tractor horsepower is second.

Something to consider for sure, thought about it this weekend. Have to back out of barn quickly when firing up the LK3054.

/ Need help deciding
If you want to pull logs out, will a power reverser/gear drive be better? I am not an expert on this but my Uncle has a Massey 1643 hydro and I have a New Holland tc40, shuttle shift. I have run both a lot and feel like the geared drive has more pulling power. Just my experience.
I would definitely say so but with my case I am having left knee / lower back issues so one reason I want to get away from my current manual trans and small platform to a hydro trans and easier on and off platform.

/ Need help deciding #16  
I would definitely say so but with my case I am having left knee / lower back issues so one reason I want to get away from my current manual trans and small platform to a hydro trans and easier on and off platform.

Also consider fueling. Some compact tractors, such as my Kubota L3560, now have side fueling, so you stand on the ground and do not have to lift fuel containers to hood height.

/ Need help deciding #17  
Tractor seat would also be important to absorb jolts from going across fields if there is any difference in seats between the models you are considering.

L2501HST was my first hydro which is not only beneficial for grapple work, but also makes it really easy to slow down to ease over really rough bumps.

/ Need help deciding #18  
Go with the larger, if you don't you'll regret it.

/ Need help deciding #19  

The fundamental importance of TRACTOR WEIGHT eludes many tractor shoppers. Tractor capability is more closely correlated to tractor weight than any other single (1) specification.

Small tractor wheels drop into holes, disrupting traction. Larger wheels and tires supplied on heavier tractors bridge holes and ruts, increasing traction. Larger wheels and tires permit higher operating speed over uneven ground by reducing implement bounce and operator perturbation.

/ Need help deciding #20  
There's no physical size difference between the 2 tractors you're considering, so as has been said the difference is power and therefore how fast you'll get work done.
With regards to weight by the time you add a loader and loaded rear tires the bare tractor weight goes up significantly from the bare bones advertised weight. Likely you're looking at a tractor that's 4000 plus lbs. And that as mentioned makes it much more capable but also means the engine works more. So again, you need to decide if you can afford to buy more engine. If you can afford it then without question you won't regret that choice. If you're already wondering about turning up the power on a smaller engine then likely you need to start with the bigger engine.

That's my 2 cents.