Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve.
Guys,
I want to thank you for sorting out what started out as a confusing project!
Rob, you know your hydraulics, and made it simple for me. The valves seem to have the threaded sleeve, I will check later today.
MI, great web site, I have it book marked, as I still have room for some rear take offs.
Again, thanks for the help, and I will post pix when done.
Rick

As promised, The photo show the PB fitting that is in both of the loader valves.
Is this the correct for what I want to do?
Regards,
Rick

Attachments

• Fitting from PB port.jpg
    Fitting from PB port.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 359
   / Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #13  
I'm probably wrong, but that doesn't look like a power beyond sleeve to me. It looks like a regular 90 degree elbow fitting. What's inside that port itself where the fluid is blocking the view?
Does it look like this in there?

Don't know if you can tell or not, but the power beyond ports on my valves have 2 channels. They are to allow fluid to go through the sleeve as well as around it. The 2 "O" rings block them off from each other. Look for the one channel on the bottom of the port and then on the sides of the port too.
So I'm sure now I don't know as much as you think I do. I'm stumped now about your power beyond port?

Port does not look like yours. Its threaded down to a shoulder and no openings on the side.
Time to punt?
Rick

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #15  
Don't punt yet.

If the fitting in the picture is what was in the original loader valve PB port, you are fine. The Kubota LA402 loader is in a power beyond circuit, so the valve was working with power beyond. You don't need to question the original valve PB port or the fitting. It is already providing Power Beyond to the rear of the tractor through the hydraulic block.

If the second valve is the same valve as the original, with the same fitting in the PB port, it should also have PB capability. Not all PB capable valves work the same way with the same type of sleeves.

This may sound like a generalization, but if it is providing PB now, it will with the second valve too. And if the second valve is the same type valve as the original with the same fitting....

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #16  
Thanks for clarifying that Michigan.
Not knowing th Kubota, I didn't want to suggest that in fear it would not work properly.
However, the Chinese tractors I have do exactly the same thing. They actually use the return (which is under pressure) to feed the next valve, sort of like this one. So yes, it can be plumbed like we talked about then. Keep in mind though, it's always better to power the next valve in line with a true power beyond port. I end up switching the Chinese valves to American and use power beyond on my tractors.

Thanks guys!
Both valves are plumbed with the same fitting.
Original valve is a Husco and new valve has no tags or name stamped on it.
Have to travel to TSC to pick up parts this weekend and will hopefully get what else I need.
Regards,
Rick

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #18  
Well Rick, we expect the full report when you got it all together and working.
Plus a picture of that big grin on your face showing your satisfaction as a result of having done it yourself.:)

Gentlemen,
The loader valve is finally installed. Sorry for the delay, got involved with another project that took precedence.
I would like to thank you all for the great help! It went smooth as silk after you guys set me straight.
I can now use my grader blade and snow blower without disconnecting the loader, a real PITA. Hardest part was filling the hole on the loader bracket and redrilling so it would match up with holes on the frame.
Again, THANKS!!
Rick

Attachments

• install 1.JPG
    install 1.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 369
  • install 2.JPG
    install 2.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 349
  • install 3.JPG
    install 3.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 284
  • install 4.JPG
    install 4.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 281
  • install 5.JPG
    install 5.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 351
   / Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #20  
Wow Rick,
That is an extremely clean install you ended up with. It looks great!
I'm very glad you got it all done. So have you tried all the functions out and does everything work alright?