Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve.
Rob,
Everything works smoothly, no jerks or bumps. I'm now thinking about a hydraulic chute rotator for the snow blower.
This was a project that has frustrated me for the last couple of years. Having a house with a metal roof, I would get all the snow cleaned up and the tractor in the garage, and the snow would come off the roof, and I would need the bucket to move it. A real pain to mount the bucket again, now all the hydraulics are still hooked up and working, simple drop and attach.
This was a great Ebay find. A complete B3030 quick attach subframe (which I don't need) and all the hoses, brackets, loader valve and controls.
AND, thanks to you guys here, an easy install for someone who didn't know diddly about hydraulics!
Regards,
Rick

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #22  
It seems this was a good solution.
I am new to the forum. Please forgive any protocol errors.
I have owned a Kubota L2550 tractor with a BF400 loader for many years.
A few years ago I welded up an adapter to mount an old Myers plow using the entire mechanism, including hydraulc pump and all. This works great but the small alternator on this tractor is strained when the Myers pump needs to run for power angling. The additional weight is uneccesary as well.
I have started a project to change over to tractor hydraulics for power angle.
I have a 12 volt solinoid operated double selector valve that I got from Surplus Center.
This will allow me to switch between bucket curl and power angle of the blade.
My concern is in connecting the new valve (SAE 8) fittings to the Kubota hoses and fittings. Am I going to run into metric sized fittings or will the hoses and fittings from Surplus Center work fine? Does anyone know what sizes and type connection are in the control valve / bucket curl circuit?

Thanks,

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #23  
It seems this was a good solution.
I am new to the forum. Please forgive any protocol errors.
I have owned a Kubota L2550 tractor with a BF400 loader for many years.
A few years ago I welded up an adapter to mount an old Myers plow using the entire mechanism, including hydraulc pump and all. This works great but the small alternator on this tractor is strained when the Myers pump needs to run for power angling. The additional weight is uneccesary as well.
I have started a project to change over to tractor hydraulics for power angle.
I have a 12 volt solinoid operated double selector valve that I got from Surplus Center.
This will allow me to switch between bucket curl and power angle of the blade.
My concern is in connecting the new valve (SAE 8) fittings to the Kubota hoses and fittings. Am I going to run into metric sized fittings or will the hoses and fittings from Surplus Center work fine? Does anyone know what sizes and type connection are in the control valve / bucket curl circuit?

Thanks,

Welcome to TBN:D

I am pretty sure that Kubota uses standard NPT, JIC, and ORB fittings on their tractors, so adapters should be plentiful online or locally. It's the Chinese tractor's that use really oddball stuff.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #24  
Welcome to TBN:D

I am pretty sure that Kubota uses standard NPT, JIC, and ORB fittings on their tractors, so adapters should be plentiful online or locally. It's the Chinese tractor's that use really oddball stuff.

Thanks Kennyd.
I have a 12 volt selector valve on order from Surplus Center. I plan to insert this into the bucket curl hydraulic valve. Do you recommend using 1/4 " hose for the power angle?

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #25  
A lot of Kubotas now use British pipe thread, BSPP. Ant decent hose shop should be able to easily identify them and either sell you adapters or have the crimp on ends.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #26  
A lot of Kubotas now use British pipe thread, BSPP. Ant decent hose shop should be able to easily identify them and either sell you adapters or have the crimp on ends.

Around here they kinda frown on my driving my tractor to the shop (I don't have a trailor) and I prefer to do this job myself anyway. This is a pretty old Kubota L2550 so maybe they hadn't started using BSPP. I don't want to disassemble until the last minute since I use it mainly for plowing snow this time of year. That's why I was trying to cover all possible problems before jumping in. I am getting everything I need from Surplus Center.

Thanks for you help.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #27  
Thanks Kennyd.
I have a 12 volt selector valve on order from Surplus Center. I plan to insert this into the bucket curl hydraulic valve. Do you recommend using 1/4 " hose for the power angle?

1/4" hoses will be fine.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #28  
Thanks again Kennyd
I'll keep you posted as to how it works but it may be awhile. No heated workspace.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #29  
KennyD,
Well the weather finally warmed up so I could get going on adding the hydraulic control for power angling the snow blade. I said I would get back to you. I ordered everything from Surplus Center including the two circuit selector valve. I used 1/4" hose for the blade as we had discussed and that seems quite suitable. I mounted the valve and connected all the hases and wired with a SPDT toggle switch. My initial testing seem to go well. I was able to curl with the Kubota control and then I tried to angle the blade.
When I angled left it went quickly, but not bad. When I tried to go to the right, no go. If anything it was still trying to go to the left. I double checked everything I had done.
My opinion is since all works well in the first circuit (bucket curl) then the only possible problem is a defective selector valve. I am looking for a second opinion. Actually I'm looking for some suggestions.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #30  
KennyD,
Well the weather finally warmed up so I could get going on adding the hydraulic control for power angling the snow blade. I said I would get back to you. I ordered everything from Surplus Center including the two circuit selector valve. I used 1/4" hose for the blade as we had discussed and that seems quite suitable. I mounted the valve and connected all the hases and wired with a SPDT toggle switch. My initial testing seem to go well. I was able to curl with the Kubota control and then I tried to angle the blade.
When I angled left it went quickly, but not bad. When I tried to go to the right, no go. If anything it was still trying to go to the left. I double checked everything I had done.
My opinion is since all works well in the first circuit (bucket curl) then the only possible problem is a defective selector valve. I am looking for a second opinion. Actually I'm looking for some suggestions.

Glad you got everything hooked up:D

What you are experiencing is a common problem on the Kubota FEL valves. What's giving you grief is what is called the "regen" or "regenerative" function on the valve-some call it "fast dump" also. Basically what is happening is both hoses are being pressurized when you push the joystick left only a little bit. To get past this feature you must push the joystick further to the left past the detent and blade should then angle properly.

This has given people with plow's and snowblowers(the chute rotation) fit's for a long time. Why Kubota put the regen function at the first part of the joystick throw is a mystery to me-most tractor's it's in the farthest position to the right. Also putting the split brakes on the same side as the HST controls is another mystery also...

For a more detailed explanation, view THIS thread, and for even more info and to read other threads about it do a search on the word "regen"