Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #31  
KennyD,
Looks like I have to come up with a plan B. This will not angle the blade in the other direction no matter how hard I try. I'm thinking of trying the boom hydraulic circuit. Not my first choice but if it works I'll be happy.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #32  
KennyD,
Looks like I have to come up with a plan B. This will not angle the blade in the other direction no matter how hard I try. I'm thinking of trying the boom hydraulic circuit. Not my first choice but if it works I'll be happy.

Well, that sucks:(

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #33  
KennyD,
Yep, you're right. First attempt fails and that always sucks. I had a thought about making this installation work. Do you think I can be pretty sure it would work if I replaced my two single acting cylinders with one double acting cylinder? This makes it a little more like the bucket dump hydraulics.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #34  
KennyD,
Yep, you're right. First attempt fails and that always sucks. I had a thought about making this installation work. Do you think I can be pretty sure it would work if I replaced my two single acting cylinders with one double acting cylinder? This makes it a little more like the bucket dump hydraulics.

No , I do not think that will work because there will still be no weight to pull the cylinder like there is with the leverage of the bucket wanting to fall. It's just like the guys with the snowblower chute rotation cylinders if you read any of the threads after searching like I suggested above.

I am now betting you have a 3-way valve like Kubmech explained in the link I posted above...and now your only solution will be a new valve unfortunately. One like THIS would be perfect...

I know this is not what you wanted to hear-but I had kind of forgot about the issue with the older Kubota's (they are the only ones that used 3-way valves a lot and cause grief for many customers)

Try this please: reverse the hoses going to the cylinders and see if it gets "stuck'" the other way...If so then your only option is a new joystick valve, or forgetting the diverter idea and goes with a separate remote valve-either electric or manual.

We sure hijacked this thread;)

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #35  
KennyD,
I always say I want to do everything myself, even if I must try twice to get it right.
This is definately one of those occasions. I have abandoned the first attempt and will go for the separate control valve for power angle. I will keep in mind that I may be able to use this new circuit for another purpose later on
The reason for this failure was not to do sufficient research on the Kubota hydraulics.
I have learned an important lesson.
When I built my FEL for the Bolens tractor I did not use any fancy control valves or anything like that and it worked very well.
Thanks for your assistance. It is appreciated. By the way I have a 12 volt selector valve for sale if you know anyone who can use one.

What do you mean "we hijacked this thread"

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #36  
KennyD,
I always say I want to do everything myself, even if I must try twice to get it right.
This is definately one of those occasions. I have abandoned the first attempt and will go for the separate control valve for power angle. I will keep in mind that I may be able to use this new circuit for another purpose later on
The reason for this failure was not to do sufficient research on the Kubota hydraulics.
I have learned an important lesson.
When I built my FEL for the Bolens tractor I did not use any fancy control valves or anything like that and it worked very well.
Thanks for your assistance. It is appreciated. By the way I have a 12 volt selector valve for sale if you know anyone who can use one.

Very good attitude...Always looks at failure as a opportunity to learn:)
Witch selector did you get?

What do you mean "we hijacked this thread"

Just that milstencil started this thread about adding a valve, and we took it over with your diverter install and the subsequent problems...

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve.
Gentlemen,
I don't think this thread was hijacked!
Lots of useful information has been posted and just check the view count.
Personally, this thread was great with the input of many viewers.
The idea is to help each other, sort of a "small town" thing.
Again, thanks to all who got me on the right path.
Rick

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #38  
KennyD,
The valve I was trying to use was Surplus Center # 9-5117.
I have ordered their # 9-6765 to use in this project. It is a single spool, open center and spring centering. Now I'll have to figure where I can mount it.

How would I have handled this post better so as not to hijack someone elses?

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #39  
The valve I was trying to use was Surplus Center # 9-5117

I will keep that in mind-someone may be interested in buying it.

How would I have handled this post better so as not to hijack someone elses?

You could have started a new thread...but no harm was done and we even got a thumbs up from milstencil (thanks;)) and like he said-look at the view count!

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #40  
KennyD,
The second try was a success. Everything works very well. I managed to mount the new control valve so it's easily reached from the seat. Thanks for you help.