NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower #1  

kormidoit

Bronze Member
Tractor
2021 LS MT225S, 2003 Kubota BX2200
I have a LS MT225S...I need 4 of 5 ft snow thrower /blower RECOMENDATIONS from you tractor people please.....So many choices.
Will the 225 handle a 5 ft. ?
What is the min. lifting power ?
! know I have 19.3 PTO HP....but how does that fair when the blower is rated 18 to 30+ HP on the 5 footers??
What brand would / do u have or recommend ??

I am looking at WOODMAXX SB 48 AND 60 .....the TITAN 47 and 58.

I need to purchase this week....expect delivery before snow in 10 / 14 days. ANY help is appreciated.

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower #2  
I’m no help but sure hope you can get one this time of year in less than two weeks.

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower #3  
If your tractor is equipped with Hydrostatic transmission so you can easily control your speed either size blower should work. I would recommend a blower that’s slightly wider than the wheels on your tractor.

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower
If your tractor is equipped with Hydrostatic transmission so you can easily control your speed either size blower should work. I would recommend a blower that’s slightly wider than the wheels on your tractor.
I have 2" spacers on my MT225S...brining it to 52 inches. I do have a hydrostatic trans....Other concern is pick up weight on my 3 point.

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower #5  
I have a 5' on my kubota b8200 which is 17hp and it runs fine. But it's front mount. I did not want to be turned around backwards driving in reverse.

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower #6  
I have 2" spacers on my MT225S...brining it to 52 inches. I do have a hydrostatic trans....Other concern is pick up weight on my 3 point.

As cycledude states, cover the width of your tires at a minimum. The weight should not be a problem, and it's within the lifting ability of your 3 point. Worst case is that without a loader on the front you may need some front ballast weight.
Wet and heavy snow can bring even much larger tractors to their knees. Adjust the speed and cutting width based upon snow conditions.

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower #7  
How log is your driveway, what distance will you be blowing?

Is the surface gravel or paved, flat or hilly?

Do you get a lot of ice, if so you might want to consider a set of chains.

Ice covered with a dusting or so of snow is incredibly slippery add in hills and on our property you are not going anywhere without chains.

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower #8  
I have a LS MT225S...I need 4 of 5 ft snow thrower /blower RECOMENDATIONS from you tractor people please.....So many choices.
Will the 225 handle a 5 ft. ?
What is the min. lifting power ?
! know I have 19.3 PTO HP....but how does that fair when the blower is rated 18 to 30+ HP on the 5 footers??
What brand would / do u have or recommend ??

I am looking at WOODMAXX SB 48 AND 60 .....the TITAN 47 and 58.

I need to purchase this week....expect delivery before snow in 10 / 14 days. ANY help is appreciated.
I have a LS MT342 with 6 Ft front mount blower, At my home driveway that is about an eighty foot horse shoe, the tractor works great, but I have property seven miles from the house and that is about a forty and a half long with a big open field on the north side that likes to drift in. When I am doing this drive-way, I wish I would have went with the MT357, it just seems like I am not going anywhere.

I have a 5' on my kubota b8200 which is 17hp and it runs fine. But it's front mount. I did not want to be turned around backwards driving in reverse.
I thought about front blower for my tractor....but I do need my bucket at the same time as snow blowing. Thank

As cycledude states, cover the width of your tires at a minimum. The weight should not be a problem, and it's within the lifting ability of your 3 point. Worst case is that without a loader on the front you may need some front ballast weight.
Wet and heavy snow can bring even much larger tractors to their knees. Adjust the speed and cutting width based upon snow conditions.
I do have a bucket.....and need it during Snow blowing. We get some tall and icy burns up here...along with the road crew adding more stiffer burns. Bucket is a must. Thanks.