NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower
How log is your driveway, what distance will you be blowing?

Is the surface gravel or paved, flat or hilly?

Do you get a lot of ice, if so you might want to consider a set of chains.

Ice covered with a dusting or so of snow is incredibly slippery add in hills and on our property you are not going anywhere without chains.
Have chains on all fours.....Hilly and flat driveways....Concreat and asphalt driveways from 30ft to 100ft. I have three properties I maintain here. I was just wondering if my 19.3 HP PTO would run a 60" snow blower with enough power. The MT225S has 25.7HP at the engine. Runs great BUT with a bucket full of snow and blowing out the rear ????? Thanks.

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower #15  
I thought about front blower for my tractor....but I do need my bucket at the same time as snow blowing. Thank
I have a b7200 with a bucket and a b8200 with a blower. Just buy more tractors.

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower #17  
My blower book recommends 60 inch blower should have 20 hp tractor so it looks like you made a very good choice.

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower #18  
I need to add my two cents here. Two cents is not worth much these days, so also take my advise with a grain of salt because thats about what two cents will buy ya. There a joke in there somewhere I'm sure.

I have the MK Martin 72in INVERTED snow blower on my 45hp tractor. It works great! However, that blower will bring my tractor to an absolute stop in heavy wet snow. I wear chains and have blown snow off several driveways, all long, all on hills, with all types of materials and in all types of snow and ice. I've even used it to blow the county road last year when a large blizzard came though. Needless to say, I know a thing or two about this whole snow blowing activity.

The thing that I wish I had was more horsepower. My blower will blow snow far enough and high enough to get it completely off the road. Throws typical dry cold snow about 20-25 feet. But that is dry fluffy stuff. When we get that warm snow, or the it snows in the morning hours but warms up during the day above freezing, or turns to rain, or whatever. When the snow gets wet and heavy, I loath blowing snow. That blower will plug up quicker than one can blink! And that is driving slow, the snow is just too heavy. The snow doesn't get blown very far either.

The other thing I do is to either rake the cutting edge back slightly for the first few times of clearing snow, or raise the shoes up a bit. You really want that first layer of snow and ice to form, especially on gravel. Nothing like blowing your gravel driveway into the forest or field. The damage caused by thawed rocks, to the blower and to whatever the rocks might hit, is not fun either.

The weight of the blower is deceptively heavy. In my case, my blower is 685lbs. But the hitch puts that weight pretty far behind the tractor. Not saying my hitch cannot lift it, but I defiantly feel it back there. The blower your looking at is 695lbs on a smaller tractor than mine. Not sure about the length of your hitch, how far away the weight is from the pins, but I would assume since it is more of a conventional drive-in-reverse style, it's closer to the pins.

I don't mean to discourage, just being realistic. If I had to do it over again, I would probably have purchased a larger tractor! 😁

I also did a video of blowing my driveway with my inverted pull-type snow blower. Check it out!

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower #19  
I need to add my two cents here. Two cents is not worth much these days, so also take my advise with a grain of salt because thats about what two cents will buy ya. There a joke in there somewhere I'm sure.

I have the MK Martin 72in INVERTED snow blower on my 45hp tractor. It works great! However, that blower will bring my tractor to an absolute stop in heavy wet snow. I wear chains and have blown snow off several driveways, all long, all on hills, with all types of materials and in all types of snow and ice. I've even used it to blow the county road last year when a large blizzard came though. Needless to say, I know a thing or two about this whole snow blowing activity.

The thing that I wish I had was more horsepower. My blower will blow snow far enough and high enough to get it completely off the road. Throws typical dry cold snow about 20-25 feet. But that is dry fluffy stuff. When we get that warm snow, or the it snows in the morning hours but warms up during the day above freezing, or turns to rain, or whatever. When the snow gets wet and heavy, I loath blowing snow. That blower will plug up quicker than one can blink! And that is driving slow, the snow is just too heavy. The snow doesn't get blown very far either.

The other thing I do is to either rake the cutting edge back slightly for the first few times of clearing snow, or raise the shoes up a bit. You really want that first layer of snow and ice to form, especially on gravel. Nothing like blowing your gravel driveway into the forest or field. The damage caused by thawed rocks, to the blower and to whatever the rocks might hit, is not fun either.

The weight of the blower is deceptively heavy. In my case, my blower is 685lbs. But the hitch puts that weight pretty far behind the tractor. Not saying my hitch cannot lift it, but I defiantly feel it back there. The blower your looking at is 695lbs on a smaller tractor than mine. Not sure about the length of your hitch, how far away the weight is from the pins, but I would assume since it is more of a conventional drive-in-reverse style, it's closer to the pins.

I don't mean to discourage, just being realistic. If I had to do it over again, I would probably have purchased a larger tractor! 😁

I also did a video of blowing my driveway with my inverted pull-type snow blower. Check it out!
Wow your 72” blower weighs 145 pounds more than my 72” MK Martin blower, I never realized Inverted blowers were so much heavier but I have never seen one in real life.
The only times mine has ever plugged was because of shearing a pin because of rocks-gravel and it was pretty easy to unplug it.
My tractor is a little bigger than yours the PTO is rated at 44 horse power , if the snow is really wet I have to slow down but that’s very easy with hydrostatic transmission, my blower supposedly requires 35 Horse power.
The biggest issue with my blower is the shoes ain’t worth crap for use on gravel, I’m hoping to fix that somehow this winter.

In your case I agree it seems like you should have a bigger tractor.

/ NEED help !!!! Snow Thrower / Blower #20  
In very dense drifts, my 5 ft Lorenz blower was needing all the power my NH TC33D tractor could muster and I was barely moving.

snowblower1.jpg