Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator
Coolant flush? Uh, hmm. I guess it's time.

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #12  
I would consider making a rubber washer and sticking a small sheet metal screw in the hole. I've had a roofing bolt in a tank on a compressor for the last ten yrs. and it still doesn't leak with up to 120# pressure. A short one with coarse threads would be the best.

I have the same thing going .

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #13  
Coolant flush? Uh, hmm. I guess it's time.

Yep, the header says, 2008, if that's last time it was done. Coolant looses it's effectiveness and becomes like sludge, which makes it harder to extract heat and keep temps even throughout the cooling system. It can also stop being able to resist the caustic effects it has on metals, like aluminum and will corrode them from the inside out as the additives break down. Flush and use the highest quality water available, or go with premixed coolant.

Ok.I hadn't really thought about it. Thanks. I'll add that to.my list. Appreciate the comment and advice.

I have some coolant not premix. Should I use distilled water?

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #16  
You could butter up a thin piece of flat stock with JB Weld and apply a patch to the whole area. I have used Seal All to patch a motorcycle gas tank. No pressure, but it held for years.

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #17  
Silicone is good over 400 degrees F so that would be pretty sticky but if that's abs you can use abs pipe glue and it will melt it together or use the patch method.

Also some MEKP (bondo hardener) will probably melt it together as well.

Jb weld is pretty good but it tends to fall off after a while. There are tons of other epoxies that I think are better. Some made specifically for plastic.

MacGyver used an egg but I call BS on that one.

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #18  
JBWeld then Marine epoxy/silicone over that.

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #19  
In the automotive world you can find all metal replacements for less than half of a new OEM. I would search for something like that if it were mine.

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #20  
If It were mine, my first go would be to silicone a patch of sheet metal over it.