Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator
^^^Like that. :)

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #32  
I've used JB Water Weld on plastic and it worked great. Read some of the reviews on that stuff... pretty amazing.

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #33  
Here is another option:   3M? Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 Black, PN05205, 3 oz Tube, 6 Tubes per case

MMM05205-1_D.jpg

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #34  
   / Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #35  
That stuff is killer! The 5200 is used when one plans to NEVER take it apart. The 4200 is for things that may have to come apart sometime in future. Either would work for your situation. I know, I've used it on my boat hull on thru- hull fittings.:thumbsup:
Yep, I used the 5200 White to seal a punctured rubber CV boot 6 months ago and it sealed it good.

P6020033.JPG

P7100011.JPG

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #36  
Distilled water is always a good idea for cooling systems. Tap water has chlorine, various minerals depending on your locale, and questionable pH, all of which can cause problems. Ain't no telling what might be in pond water! Some will advocate NEVER using any tap water, but I thinks it's fine, and have had no adverse experience, using tap water for flushing. But then drain as thoroughly as possible and do your final fill with pre-mix or antifreeze and distilled.

Also best to keep a little distilled around for battery top-ups.

- Jay

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #37  
Another alternative to a screw would be a rivet (with a small glop of JB Weld) if the hole is big enough to get s small rivet in.

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #38  
That stuff is killer! The 5200 is used when one plans to NEVER take it apart. The 4200 is for things that may have to come apart sometime in future. Either would work for your situation. I know, I've used it on my boat hull on thru- hull fittings.:thumbsup:

Thats the stuff I was talking about, I would dab a little JB first, let dry, then cover with that.:thumbsup:

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #39  
double

/ Need to Repair pin hole leak on my radiator #40  

I keep both the 4200 and 5200 on hand for my boat and it works great. I buy it in 10 oz. tubes for a caulk gun but a small tube as pictured above would be perfect for such a small repair.

The pressure against a pin hole would be a tiny amount and the 5200 is very tough to get off. I use a grinder where I have to remove it. As long as it will stick to the plastic compound you have a little dab will do ya.