Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250

/ Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #11  
Bob, I got curious about other applications with these bolts and maybe being able to find some online parts break downs that may be of some help to you. I stated searching Agco's online parts pages for the Massey 1230-40 tractors since they are the closest model in size and age made by Iseki that I could think of off hand and that Agco showed an online parts breakdown for the differential. I am wondering if these are the same bolts? Enter the website as "guest user" for other pages in the future

AGCO Parts Books

You might even be able to check some of these tractors for front end parts for your tractor too.....I have no idea how you'd cross reference them though.

Last edited:
   / Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250
Bob, I got curious about other applications with these bolts and maybe being able to find some online parts break downs that may be of some help to you. I stated searching Agco's online parts pages for the Massey 1230-40 tractors since they are the closest model in size and age made by Iseki that I could think of off hand and that Agco showed an online parts breakdown for the differential. I am wondering if these are the same bolts? Enter the website as "guest user" for other pages in the future

AGCO Parts Books

You might even be able to check some of these tractors for front end parts for your tractor too.....I have no idea how you'd cross reference them though.

Thankyou Darryl for Your time researching and the link . I have been searching for a couple of years for that type of info on the web , I knew there had to be something but had no luck finding it . So in short " You da Man " :D . I have looked through all of the pages on the 1240 & printed perty much anything I will ever need from front to back .

I wouldn,t say its just close , it looks to be exactlly like my Iseki other then some of the body parts & electrical / cellenoids for the 3 point . At least I have something to go by now . I,m not sure what good the part #,s will do or who I can order them from but those look to be the exact bolts I need & I also found all of the gears I need for the front end . All I have to do now is see if I can buy them . Much further ahead then I was though so Thankyou for that . :thumbsup:

I got the rest of it tore apart yesterday & now have the center section out on the bench , the only thing I can find wrong are the 7 sheared bolts , so with this info it looks like I will have a shot at saving it as well as being able to put it back together . I,ll update when I find more out . :)

Attachments

• PC260010.JPG
    PC260010.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 187
  • PC260008.JPG
    PC260008.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 149
  • PC260014.JPG
    PC260014.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 172
  • PC260013.JPG
    PC260013.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 147
   / Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #13  
Thankyou Darryl for Your time researching and the link . I have been searching for a couple of years for that type of info on the web , I knew there had to be something but had no luck finding it . So in short " You da Man " :D . I have looked through all of the pages on the 1240 & printed perty much anything I will ever need from front to back .

I wouldn,t say its just close , it looks to be exactlly like my Iseki other then some of the body parts & electrical / cellenoids for the 3 point . At least I have something to go by now . I,m not sure what good the part #,s will do or who I can order them from but those look to be the exact bolts I need & I also found all of the gears I need for the front end . All I have to do now is see if I can buy them . Much further ahead then I was though so Thankyou for that . :thumbsup:

I got the rest of it tore apart yesterday & now have the center section out on the bench , the only thing I can find wrong are the 7 sheared bolts , so with this info it looks like I will have a shot at saving it as well as being able to put it back together . I,ll update when I find more out . :)

Glad to help...of the 12XX models, I thought the 1240 appeared closest to the TA250 from the pics you posted. I'll have to say I was disappointed that Agco didn't give a better description of the bolts (i.e. size) I had notice on one of the other tractors it gave the size of a nut (M30X1.5) . Good luck on all this and keep us posted.

One thing I've meant to mention is that Best Used Tractors does carry the TA250/260 parts manual...although it is in Japanese, it's much better than nothing in my book.

Last edited:
   / Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #14  
Hi Bob.....happy to hear you found a parts dealer..we have a dealer on highway #5 here in Ontario Canda not too far away.....I've been @ this dealership only once....I found them to be a little expensive.....but we have other dealerships in the approx 40 mile range from us to check out if and when the need arises....I'm just wondering if my model ISEKI trans/rear axle would have the same type internal gears etc. as your ISEKI :D.....

I guess I wouldn't know this for sure until I tore these items apart as you have done...I know for sure that like I mentioned many times before....that a Case International not too sure of the model number) only that it's an older compact tractor that has the same engine and block (except for displacement of course)... for example the starter alternator etc. that are exactly the same as on my ISEKI G-174 4x4 17hp

It be interesting to know for future reference what would be availabe in my neck of the woods.....save money on shipping costs for sure....I'd hate to have to scrap my tractor because of none available parts or high cost shipping charges.....anyhow looks like 2011 is gonna' be a good year for you Bob....all the best and take care......Ampa<>

Last edited:
   / Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #15  
Bob...I just wanted to mention one thing. If you think the 1240 is a good match and you try to order the parts from a MF dealer, I would not tell him it is for a TA250. Just tell him you are ordering parts for a 1240. Our local MF parts manager refused to sell me parts for a Hinomoto C144....I had originally told him it was for a MF1010 so he could look the part number up ( "No problem...glad to help"!), when we got into further conversation and I spilled the beans, he told me he could no longer help me. I don't know if they are directed by MF not to support these tractors or it was just the dealership but either way, he would not even talk about it further other than to say I needed to find a Hinomoto dealer....it got ugly. I'm sure he would have told me the same thing about an Iseki made MF.

Bob...I just wanted to mention one thing. If you think the 1240 is a good match and you try to order the parts from a MF dealer, I would not tell him it is for a TA250. Just tell him you are ordering parts for a 1240. Our local MF parts manager refused to sell me parts for a Hinomoto C144....I had originally told him it was for a MF1010 so he could look the part number up ( "No problem...glad to help"!), when we got into further conversation and I spilled the beans, he told me he could no longer help me. I don't know if they are directed by MF not to support these tractors or it was just the dealership but either way, he would not even talk about it further other than to say I needed to find a Hinomoto dealer....it got ugly. I'm sure he would have told me the same thing about an Iseki made MF.

Thanks Darryl , I have allready ran into that and found it sadlly be true . I really dont understand it either . But yes I will keep that in mind as I know you are correct . Like you , I wish they would give a description of the bolt or at least a pic to make sure it at least looks to be correct but I guess I will just have to take my chances .

I can get the bolts,nuts & lockwashers for less then 50 bucks shipped from Jacks small engine service just going by the part # , They also list the lower gear I need for my frontend which I also think is the same for 75 dollars , the others I can just have welded up .

But it sure beats the 400 to 500 bucks apiece I have been quoted getting them from overseas & thats not guranteed to be the correct parts & there is a no return policy . So I will keep this updated so it might help others as well . Thanks again Bob . :thumbsup:

/ Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #17  
Hi Bob.....If these bolts did infact vibrate loose is there any prevention like LocTite you can apply to the new bolts/nuts/washers so it don't happen again....I would believe they would have to be torked usin' a Tork bar wrench...for which I own a 3/8 and a 1/2 drive....I used the 1/2 drive on the center manifold on my other Areostar only to have two of them break off flush to the engine block that required drillin' them out....seems I was suppose to buy new bolts which were not mentioned till I asked a Ford mechanic....I favor the acorn type that use a cotter pin and the acorn type with the nylon insert....they have a name but this how I describe these :D....anyhow Bob glad to hear your makin' headway.....so take care and be extra carefull of your back liftin' those heavy cast iron parts. Ampa <> :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #18  
Thanks Darryl , I have allready ran into that and found it sadlly be true . I really dont understand it either . But yes I will keep that in mind as I know you are correct . Like you , I wish they would give a description of the bolt or at least a pic to make sure it at least looks to be correct but I guess I will just have to take my chances .
Thanks again Bob . :thumbsup:

When I first started working on Kubotas, the dealer I worked for had the same policy when it came to gray market Kubotas. Even though some of the parts were close and looked similar to US tractors they weren't. The most common part was steering boxes. These guys would come in and buy a $300? steering box and then want to return it when it wasn't correct. Unless Kubota packaged the part wrong or sent it in error, the dealer does not get to immediately return that item. Kubota has an annual parts return for overstocked and wrongfully ordered parts. So the dealer could have to sit on that part for most of the year. Why should the dealer have to eat that cost and sit on inventory that he probably won't sell? As soon as a customer mentioned that it was gray market or we figured it out by description we implemented the no return policy.

Brian

When I first started working on Kubotas, the dealer I worked for had the same policy when it came to gray market Kubotas. Even though some of the parts were close and looked similar to US tractors they weren't. The most common part was steering boxes. These guys would come in and buy a $300? steering box and then want to return it when it wasn't correct. Unless Kubota packaged the part wrong or sent it in error, the dealer does not get to immediately return that item. Kubota has an annual parts return for overstocked and wrongfully ordered parts. So the dealer could have to sit on that part for most of the year. Why should the dealer have to eat that cost and sit on inventory that he probably won't sell? As soon as a customer mentioned that it was gray market or we figured it out by description we implemented the no return policy.

Brian

Yep good points Brian , but in my case if I can buy the parts in the states and they aren,t the right parts , I dont expect to be able to return them . When my only other alternative is parting the tractor out , its worth the gamble for me . ;)

I thought I would update this . I decided rather then taking a chance of getting the wrong bolts from an online place that gives no description on bolt specs I would go through my bolt stash :D .

I found what seems to be the perfect solution . Eight grade 8 , 5/16ths bolts that the threads are were a 1/4 inch to long , shoulder length is perfect , I cut them off using a die grinder chased the threads & they actually fit more snug in the carrier and ring gear then the originals . The hex heads fit perfectlly to keep the bolt from turning & i installed nyloc nuts with no lock washers . I'll get some pics before I drop the unit back in & start putting it back together .

It looks much stronger now then if I would have used the same bolts that were in it before, plus I still haven't spent a dime in the repair . I hope to have it back together & in operation in the next few days if all goes well ;)

Thanks again for the input to all , but a special thanks go's to Darryll, I now have an allmost a complete parts manual printed out that is at least close enough I should be able to do any repairs on it from now on . :thumbsup:

BTW Al/Ampa , I have no idea how my TA 250 compares to yours, but I beleive its quite a bit bigger in size so I doubt its very similiar to the inner workings as yours ;).