Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250

/ Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #21  
I thought I would update this . I decided rather then taking a chance of getting the wrong bolts from an online place that gives no description on bolt specs I would go through my bolt stash :D .

I found what seems to be the perfect solution . Eight grade 8 , 5/16ths bolts that the threads are were a 1/4 inch to long , shoulder length is perfect , I cut them off using a die grinder chased the threads & they actually fit more snug in the carrier and ring gear then the originals . The hex heads fit perfectlly to keep the bolt from turning & i installed nyloc nuts with no lock washers . I'll get some pics before I drop the unit back in & start putting it back together .

It looks much stronger now then if I would have used the same bolts that were in it before, plus I still haven't spent a dime in the repair . I hope to have it back together & in operation in the next few days if all goes well ;)

Thanks again for the input to all , but a special thanks go's to Darryll, I now have an allmost a complete parts manual printed out that is at least close enough I should be able to do any repairs on it from now on . :thumbsup:

BTW Al/Ampa , I have no idea how my TA 250 compares to yours, but I beleive its quite a bit bigger in size so I doubt its very similiar to the inner workings as yours ;).

Sounds good! I really think using appropriate bolts that you have is a fine alternative. I use nyloc nuts quite a bit but the ones I get at the local farm supply are only grade 2. I would make sure that the ones you use are grade 5 or even better, grade 8 if you can find them ( I've seen them online but can't find them locally). You've gotten this far.....I would make sure the nuts are up to snuff with the bolts. I want to see those pics of this rig running!

/ Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250
Figured I better update . Just got back from a test drive & alls well . I want to thank Ya'll again , havin the breakdown pics sure made it easier ( Thanks Darryl ) hopefully will help me find the right gears for the 4WD repair . I couldn't get any action pics but heres it all together .

Hopefully this might help others in the future as it seems most folks wont share their repair storys & pics . :D Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Attachments

• P1070001.JPG
    P1070001.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 214
  • P1070002.JPG
    P1070002.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 198
  • P1070003.JPG
    P1070003.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 158
  • P1060001.JPG
    P1060001.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 250
   / Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #23  
Glad she's up and running, that's the main thing. I really hope the front end issues can be worked out now...that would be icing on the cake!

/ Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #24  
Hey Mr.Cowboy. Glad to see the finnished product back on the trail,,I see that you have 2 pics of the back end. I have a 247 that looks identical. Could you please share the part number of your Hyd. Filter? I need to replace mine.

Sure would appreciate....

/ Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #25  
Also. I have a breakdown of the front 4x4 system of a Massey 1250 that I think may be close to your 255. I would be glad to fax or e-mail the breakdown if that would help. I may be way off but I am told that a Massey 1240 is very close to my TA247. Your tractor and mine are very similar and yours may be close to the 1250. Have you ever looked into that?
Just Let me know.

Glad she's up and running, that's the main thing. I really hope the front end issues can be worked out now...that would be icing on the cake!
Yessir it sure would be , thanks again Darrell ;)

Hey Mr.Cowboy. Glad to see the finnished product back on the trail,,I see that you have 2 pics of the back end. I have a 247 that looks identical. Could you please share the part number of your Hyd. Filter? I need to replace mine.

Sure would appreciate....

Howdy Yomax . Yep I had a 240 that was perty much identical , I sold it a year ago or so, darn good tractor but I didn't care much for the setback front axle . Heres the Hydro filter . ;) Wix 51664 & Napa 1664 Hydraulic Filter: FleetFilter Secure Online Store

Also. I have a breakdown of the front 4x4 system of a Massey 1250 that I think may be close to your 255. I would be glad to fax or e-mail the breakdown if that would help. I may be way off but I am told that a Massey 1240 is very close to my TA247. Your tractor and mine are very similar and yours may be close to the 1250. Have you ever looked into that?
Just Let me know.

Yes the MF 1240 is darn close , if you go to post #11 You'll see a link Darrell provided for the online breakdowns for all areas of the 1240 , I printed out everything i'll ever need hopefully :D. Thanks much for the offer though . ;)

I sure wish other Iseki owners would post more pictures of there tractors they have , theres so darn many different models it would be nice to see which ones are close to the ones you have . Much like filter or other parts #'s , it seems to be a trade secret around here though . Seems most folks only post when they need help and never let us know the outcome . :(

Heres a few pics of my old 240 :)

Attachments

• P7090012.JPG
    P7090012.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 185
  • PB050007.JPG
    PB050007.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 189
   / Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #27  
Mine is a TA247. Looks more like your bigger tractor. I use it for a Log Skidder most of the time.

/ Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #28  
Hi Bob .....What did u use for gaskets ? and was there any leaks....also glad to hear u have it up and runnin'...Ampa :thumbsup:

/ Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #30  
Thanks for the info Bob.....this gasket issue would make me think twice on tearin' into my ISEKI's internals.....obtaining the correct gaskets would probley be a major problem.....as well as cost....I'm gonna' try and scan my repair manual even though the book is photostated in b&w..... later on this year and post all the pages showing the drivetrain inards of my 4x4 G-174 on here....

to see if someone with more knowlage than me can compare some or most parts like bearings /gears etc. with another brand or model tractor....seems so interesting on finding out that there is still hope to keepin' our machines up and runnin'....... this manual I have covers more than just my model so this may be a bonus as well to other ISEKI owners.....take care Ampa :thumbsup:

Last edited: