New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless!

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #21  
Well folks, I have somewhat of a reply from my dealer.

He wants to come pick up the tractor so he can aid Mahindra in developing new parts for this.

I have to think about this one. On one hand, I finally have an admission there is a problem and an apparent willingness to fix it. On the other hand, who knows how long this will take, and I will be without my BH or FEL (both of which I use weekly) for who knows how long.

Hmmm. Pickle! Galen, does this make sense to you? Would Mahindra need my tractor to develop these parts, or wouldn't they have their own? Would you ask one of your customers for the tractor back in this situation?

I'll be at the farm this weekend and provide pics as asked next week.

Cheers,

Rog

Rog,
I would ask the dealer exactly what he has in mind with your tractor and how long it will take. Since your tractor has the subframe, I would think they need your tractor and a 511. I am sure they don't have a 511 laying around along with a 6530 with subframe installed. Hopefully they would keep it just long enough to make engineering blueprints, but they should be able to do that at your place. I would give them a time frame (a week or two) to have use of your tractor, then I would ask for compensation while the tractor is away from you past that time frame.
hugs, Brandi

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #22  
Well folks, I have somewhat of a reply from my dealer.

He wants to come pick up the tractor so he can aid Mahindra in developing new parts for this.

I have to think about this one. On one hand, I finally have an admission there is a problem and an apparent willingness to fix it. On the other hand, who knows how long this will take, and I will be without my BH or FEL (both of which I use weekly) for who knows how long.

Hmmm. Pickle! Galen, does this make sense to you? Would Mahindra need my tractor to develop these parts, or wouldn't they have their own? Would you ask one of your customers for the tractor back in this situation?

I'll be at the farm this weekend and provide pics as asked next week.

Cheers,

Rog
This wouldn't be the first time Mahindra-USA has had to rely on its dealer network and customer machines in order to to solve compatibility and other problems, particularly with its USA-sourced attachments. Shouldn't have to be that way, but sometimes it is.

I guess this is what one must expect when buying a brand new model and all the bugs haven't been discovered and worked out in time. Just make sure it is all at Mahindra's expense and that you end up getting the final fix and not some quickly whipped-up interim or prototype fix. But at the end of the day, do you really have a choice here? Probably not if you want everything to finally work properly.

Rusty

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #23  
Rog,
I wouldn't think that they would need to fabricate on your tractor, but you never know. Also the 30 series tractors are not anything new, and I still think that there is some parts missing. Have you been getting my emails? I hadn't heard anything from you so I thought maybe you aren't getting them. Did you look in your backhoe owners manual, as the parts break down of your subframe should be in the manual. That should show you if all of the parts are there or not. I know that Brandi emailed you her breakdown but the 20 series sub frame would be a bit different than the 30 series. Good luck with it and let us know how it is going.

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #24  
Rog,
I wouldn't think that they would need to fabricate on your tractor, but you never know. Also the 30 series tractors are not anything new, and I still think that there is some parts missing. Have you been getting my emails? I hadn't heard anything from you so I thought maybe you aren't getting them. Did you look in your backhoe owners manual, as the parts break down of your subframe should be in the manual. That should show you if all of the parts are there or not. I know that Brandi emailed you her breakdown but the 20 series sub frame would be a bit different than the 30 series. Good luck with it and let us know how it is going.
Brain not functioning here Galen. You are right, this is not a new design at all. I apologize for the misinformation. Now this member's problem confuses me even more.

Rusty

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless!
Thanks all for the replys. I think I will work out a deal with him to take it for no more than a week.

Galen, I don't have the manual. This is another touchy point, up to today I still haven't recieved it because the dealer said Mahindra sent the wrong one. That was months ago, and I have asked several times for it. As part of this, I brought it up again (got kinda mean about it this time) and he promised to put it in the mail today, so we'll see if I get it.

What a pain in the ***** this has been. I appreciate all the support here since I get none from my dealer.

Rog

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #26  
Thanks all for the replys. I think I will work out a deal with him to take it for no more than a week.

Galen, I don't have the manual. This is another touchy point, up to today I still haven't recieved it because the dealer said Mahindra sent the wrong one. That was months ago, and I have asked several times for it. As part of this, I brought it up again (got kinda mean about it this time) and he promised to put it in the mail today, so we'll see if I get it.

What a pain in the ***** this has been. I appreciate all the support here since I get none from my dealer.

Rog
Rog,
I got an owners manual and a parts manual with the backhoe. Along with the instructions for installation. The backhoe was shipped directly from Bradco to my dealer, on a pallet.
hugs, Brandi

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #27  
I know that you may not want to do this, but I bought extra manuals for my tractors so that I would have a good one and one that I would use out in the shop-field. I'm sure that any of the Mahindra dealers here on TBN would get them out to you right away. Only a few $$ and you will at least have one set, maybe two.

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #28  
Ok correct me if I am wrong but doesn't mahindra send the tractors to bradco so THEY can engineer a subframe? After all it is a bradco subframe. Something is wrong here. I think parts are missing like Brandi suggests...

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #29  
Ok correct me if I am wrong but doesn't mahindra send the tractors to bradco so THEY can engineer a subframe? After all it is a bradco subframe. Something is wrong here. I think parts are missing like Brandi suggests...

I had the oportunity to speak to one of the Mahindra service reps today and asked him about Rogers 3PH problem. He told me that he knew about the problem and just as I thought there are a couple of pieces missing. He said they knew what pieces were missing and the dealer has them in hand. The dealer should be able to pick the tractor up and have it back in short order. We are all human and make a mistake once in a while and that is what happened here. The good news is that the problem is figured out and should be solved shortly.

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #30  
"Ok correct me if I am wrong but doesn't mahindra send the tractors to bradco so THEY can engineer a subframe? After all it is a bradco subframe. Something is wrong here. I think parts are missing like Brandi suggests..."

Yes Mahindra does send them to Bradco for fittment, but what i have run into, is Mahindra or its supplier, changes the sway link to a different style at some point down the road or some other part. Now backhoe kit doesn't work with that changed part. That happens occasional with all manufactures and if that is the case with this, Mahindra is a great company and will get you fixed and running again.