New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless!

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #31  
Yes Mahindra does send them to Bradco for fittment, but what i have run into, is Mahindra or its supplier, changes the sway link to a different style at some point down the road or some other part. Now backhoe kit doesn't work with that changed part. That happens occasional with all manufactures and if that is the case with this, Mahindra is a great company and will get you fixed and running again.

Exactly! We have seen this before as well. A kit is developed and works perfectly. Then a year later someone decides to change something minor, like wheel offset, maybe a couple of hydraulic fittings, sway chain system or something. A nice simple minor improvement, without considering the implications to a backhoe subframe. When the 4110's went from turnbuckle sway system to the telescopic type, we had grief for a little bit. But we never let a tractor get out of our shop with one wrong, so the customer never knew we pulled our hair out for a couple hours getting it right.

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #32  
Exactly! We have seen this before as well. A kit is developed and works perfectly. Then a year later someone decides to change something minor, like wheel offset, maybe a couple of hydraulic fittings, sway chain system or something. A nice simple minor improvement, without considering the implications to a backhoe subframe. When the 4110's went from turnbuckle sway system to the telescopic type, we had grief for a little bit. But we never let a tractor get out of our shop with one wrong, so the customer never knew we pulled our hair out for a couple hours getting it right.

I trust Dave that you made Mahindra pull their hair out to fix it then? If they do it enough times maybe they'll learn.

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #33  
I trust Dave that you made Mahindra pull their hair out to fix it then? If they do it enough times maybe they'll learn.

When a tractor is sold and must go out the next day, we trust our shop first, then pass on what we have learned to Mahindra. We have the ability to fabricate almost anything. We sold and delivered a 6530 4wd with a 511 backhoe before they even had the 511G kits ready. That was a bunch of work, way more than I thought it would be, and clearances were tight for the three-point, but they worked fine. I'm not sure we made any money on the backhoe, but we delivered it in time.

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #34  
When a tractor is sold and must go out the next day, we trust our shop first, then pass on what we have learned to Mahindra. We have the ability to fabricate almost anything. We sold and delivered a 6530 4wd with a 511 backhoe before they even had the 511G kits ready. That was a bunch of work, way more than I thought it would be, and clearances were tight for the three-point, but they worked fine. I'm not sure we made any money on the backhoe, but we delivered it in time.

You don't have a branch office in Iowa do you? :) That's good service. Good work!

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #35  
You don't have a branch office in Iowa do you? :) That's good service. Good work!

I wish I did. I drove through Iowa last summer and from what I could see from the freeway, it looked neat and clean and green!

There are a number of full-service top-notch Mahindra dealers for which customer satisfaction is a huge priority. Several of them post on here often. Like any brand, there are also those that are less than stellar. I will say that the top dealers generally aren't the cheapest, it costs something to provide the service, but I think in the long run a good dealer provides the best value.

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless!
Everyone,

Thanks so much for the help. I was out of commission there for a couple weeks due to an accident (broken bones hurt) but was able to use my box blade and disk this weekend for the first time. The parts put on appear to be production parts, and I believe it was an oversight by the dealer in the first place.

Anyhow, thanks again to all for the input and help.

Rog