New addtion to the family

/ New addtion to the family #11  
Captain Yakima, We're practically neighbors. Congrats on the new tractor! I just got mine last month from Jennings in Puyallup. Let me recommend getting a Ratchet Rake for the blackberries. I bought one, and that, along with the brush hog took care of my big patch very nicely. I had about an 80'X125' area that was covered with them over my head. Once I burn the brush piles, I'll smooth it out with the BB and I plan to plant a fruit tree orchard this fall. I'm amazed at what I can do now with this little BX and the right attachments! You're going to love your tractor/BH. Be sure to post pics if you can.

/ New addtion to the family #12  
Good luck with the new tractor, capt.
If I had bought a new tractor when my house was new, that tractor would have paid for itself 3-times over.

/ New addtion to the family #13  
Good deal. I was thinking about a MX5100 until I saw how big they were. The 38 felt right and can get in tighter places. Did he get a 2013 to avoid the phase 4 emissions? That was a big reason why I bought now.

Yes... it's a 2013 Harvest return with 92 hours and full Kubota Warranty.

Dealer has to add quick attach to loader, put on R4 tires, install BH77 hoe, top and tilt and box scraper.

He's pretty excited about the whole deal... the last tractor he used regularly years ago was a Ford 8N.

Wife is a little more on the fence... keeps asking if this isn't just a big boy toy.

The B3300SU was a close second and actually priced out higher...

/ New addtion to the family
Captain Yakima, We're practically neighbors. Congrats on the new tractor! I just got mine last month from Jennings in Puyallup. Let me recommend getting a Ratchet Rake for the blackberries. I bought one, and that, along with the brush hog took care of my big patch very nicely. I had about an 80'X125' area that was covered with them over my head. Once I burn the brush piles, I'll smooth it out with the BB and I plan to plant a fruit tree orchard this fall. I'm amazed at what I can do now with this little BX and the right attachments! You're going to love your tractor/BH. Be sure to post pics if you can.

Howdy Neighbor! I almost bought at Jennings but Issaquah had a deal they couldn't match. Thanks for the tip on the Ratchet Rake. I just watched a good video of it on YouTube... it looks simple but was looked pretty handy. I can't wait to wage war on those **** blackberries. :)
You might already know, but rain tree nursery (in Morton and online too) has a lot of trees proven in this climate. Check them out.

Ah...his wife will come around after she gets the landscaping she wants. My wife was cutting a fit but I've been pushing for this for a long tie and I'm pretty much responsible with money...haha. Sounds like he got a good setup on that tractor. I got mostly the same but I'm not sure about the top&tilt and no box blade yet. I had them weld pulling hooks on the bucket and add a sun canopy.
Did he get his rear tires ballasted? The dealer told me Kubota advises against it if you add a BH because the weight is too much on the tractor.

Good luck with the new tractor, capt.
If I had bought a new tractor when my house was new, that tractor would have paid for itself 3-times over.

Thanks! I rented a Bobcat for 2 days and it cost me over $500. I have way too much work to do to afford rentals.

:thumbsup:Congrats Captain on your new tractor and have fun but I hope my wife never see's your last part of your ID. She hated that training center lol and you can keep the snow but at times send us some rain.
Thanks Army. Yeah, I don't envy any of the soldiers having to spend a nice July day of 110 degrees out at that firing center. Thanks for yours and your wife's service! My hat is off to anyone that had to serve in the field! I was in the Navy and we brought 2,000 Marines over to the big sandbox in 03. When I saw that I part of the world, I thanked god for a having a rack, hot shower, and toilet.

/ New addtion to the family #18  
Ah...his wife will come around after she gets the landscaping she wants. My wife was cutting a fit but I've been pushing for this for a long tie and I'm pretty much responsible with money...haha. Sounds like he got a good setup on that tractor. I got mostly the same but I'm not sure about the top&tilt and no box blade yet. I had them weld pulling hooks on the bucket and add a sun canopy.
Did he get his rear tires ballasted? The dealer told me Kubota advises against it if you add a BH because the weight is too much on the tractor.

I mentioned a canopy because summers are hot where he lives... it didn't make the cut.

Also no on the bucket hooks... I have them on mine and forgot to mention it to him.

No Ballast... had the rear tires foam filled on my BX... simply tired of flats on days I had for tractor time... plus more stable with lower center of gravity.

Post hole digger was on the list and I said he could use my Landpride if needed.

He's got lots of plans for his new to him 65 acres...

/ New addtion to the family #19  
Howdy Neighbor! I almost bought at Jennings but Issaquah had a deal they couldn't match. Thanks for the tip on the Ratchet Rake. I just watched a good video of it on YouTube... it looks simple but was looked pretty handy. I can't wait to wage war on those **** blackberries. :)
You might already know, but rain tree nursery (in Morton and online too) has a lot of trees proven in this climate. Check them out.

Thanks for the tip on the trees. I'll check em out. All I know for sure is I want about 10 trees (two or three of different varieties), and don't want the dwarf.

/ New addtion to the family #20  
Congratulations on your new tractor, it sure sounds like you got the full package and will use every bit of it.:thumbsup: