New Delivery :)

/ New Delivery :)
herdfan,

don't worry about the detour, my new delivery is old news now.

can't help you on the dump truck though ... biggest truck i have ever had is 3/4 ton pickup. you might try a new post of your own, either here or perhaps "attachments"

happy searching /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

clarkie

/ New Delivery :) #22  
I have a '93 1 ton C3500 diesel. 4 yard contractors box (sides fold down) Note: here in MN anything over 10K gvw truck require a DOT physical health card (same as CDL) and DOT safety inspection $50/vehicle/yr. and USDOT # on side doors of truck. If you can get past the govt hassle towing with a duallie has outstanding stability & 14MPG in my case.

/ New Delivery :) #23  
Cub Cadet does not make the kioti dk40/45
Kioti make the 40 and 45hp. Cub

/ New Delivery :) #24  
clarkie - a sweet setup like that will never get old! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Delivery :) #25  
Barry
Here in WV you need a CDL for 26K and up. Lots of trucks advertise as not needing a CDL, but then you have to drive it around with a half ton of gravel in the bed /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I looked at a ton of 1 ton trucks (pun intended) and am going to check out a 1 1/2 ton F-600 this AM.
Will likely go with 2WD. 4WD are too hard to find and expensive!
Eric

/ New Delivery :) #26  
I see a ton of adds by used dealers in the weekly truck trader. Adds claim 25,999 lbs, beat the CDL , then they procede to list trukc, such and such engine, air brakes.. Bingo, right there, (air brakes) is automatically CDL requirement.. A lot of people over look those Asian designed small cabover engine trucks with 10 ft dump beds. Usually 4 cyl diesel, auto/5sp trans, hydraulic brakes and anywhere from 8 to 10 ft landscaper dump bodies. These used Isuzu and other brands can fill most the needs of a small/weekend farmer..

/ New Delivery :) #27  
Yep saw a Chevrolet badged truck at auction last week with new box 170K mi. Did not stick around to know what it sold at. In MN over 10K GVW requires a DOT health card. Fine is $700 without one. Physical is $70. Interesting multiplier. Another thing to watch is a 25,600 GVW truck if you attach a trailer instantly puts you into a CDL requirement with log books & everything else...

/ New Delivery :) #28  
Thanks for the info on the dump truck situation.
I just bought a 1 1/2 ton dump which runs good but need some major cosmetic "surgery" - Dump thread

That CDL business is too much for me to worry with. Gotta hand it to the government for helping us "little guys" get involved with a little red tape too, huh? I certainly think that the dealer advertising on those "under CDL" trucks is misleading at best.

Maybe Clarkie can get some more feedback on his new tractor now - sorry again for the "detour." Any more pics?

/ New Delivery :) #29  
I drive a freightliner fl 60 with a 25,500 gvw which is under CDL and it has air brakes on it. I've been thru DOT inspections and no one has ever said anything about the air brakes. I wonder why freightliner would even put air brakes on a non CDL truck? I can see on a Semi where you should have a CDL with air brakes because of the couplers used to attach to the trailer, maybe that's why they don't push it on box trucks.

/ New Delivery :) #30  
we've had this discussion before somewhere on this board. In fact several, that are/were cops chimed in, the way the CDL is written and it is the same in every single state (basic) if it has air brakes, you need to take the air endorsement. In NEw England, you well had better at least a CDL(B).. I Know some states are allowing the air endorsement attached to a regular license.. Cross a few state lines with that FL60 and see how they do it.. In CT, I have a new Bri-Mar trailer rated at 12,000.. You know what? Have to have a CDL because its rated gross weight is ovber ten thousand.. I think some of this is really needed and other parts are negligible and not needed. My opinion only.. I was an owner operator pf tractor trailer untis for near 18 years. In that time frame, I've seen a lot of (they should take a truck road test to why bother, with others) Some people shouldn't pull a trailer no matter what,and others can do it with out a single problem.. Really ahrd to jsutify who can who can't and why..