New Dewalt Cordless String Trimmer

/ New Dewalt Cordless String Trimmer #31  
After having these for 4 months now I thought I should give an update...

I am very glad I bought these tools. I still haven't ran a battery all the way down, but I don't have a whole lot to take care of.

They recently released a 40V chainsaw and I am tempted to buy one. I already own a Stihl 039 and Stihl MS261C-M (both are beasts). I think a battery powered saw would be excellent to use in-tree, on a ladder, or in a man-lift. I just happen to have a lot of that type of work that needs to be done!! Christmas is right around the corner...

I use my Oregon battery chain saw a lot for small stuff, two 4 ah batteries will last me a couple hours of intermittent cutting/piling. That's all I want for a day of that kind of work anymore! I have two gas saws for heavier cutting.

/ New Dewalt Cordless String Trimmer #32  
Has anyone seen any mfg that makes a "power head" that can be used for generic spit shaft drive situations; string trimmer, pole saw, blower, etc?
,,,Thanks.

/ New Dewalt Cordless String Trimmer
UPDATE: I am on season 4 with the trimmer and blower... I absolutely love them. A friend of mine bought the trimmer last summer and is very happy.

I have been so happy that I bought the new 40V push mower as well. I have only used it to mow the small front yard area once now... went through 2 batteries quite fast, but I now have 4 total with 3 chargers (two 4ah and two 6ah) so I think I could nearly mow continuously, even though I don't need to.

The original batteries are still holding up well. I never did buy the 40V chainsaw but I am now thinking about getting the smaller 20V chainsaw just for little stuff.