New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #1  

mrmikey

Veteran Member
Tractor
Iseki TM3160
Couldn't find an appropriate place to post this so here goes. Considering purchasing a new to me '19 or '20 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi and was wondering what the real world mileage is. We just bought a bunch of 1500's to 5500's at work and other than the stupid gear selector, I like them. Took one out for a bit of a toot the other day and the dash display said 20L per 100KM, I thought what the ****, that's only 14IMP MPG, no way, the display has to be whacked.......doesn't it?
I currently have a '15 Nissan Frontier with a 4.0L and I get 20 IMP MPG which I can tolerate
So my question, what do you get real world MPG with the Hemi.......Mike

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #2  
I have a 16 ford f350 4x4 gas and get 10 to 12 mpg, you should get around 18 to 20 mpg my guess.....

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #3  
I have a 2018 - 2500 Ram Power Wagon with 11K miles. The Power Wagon comes with 4.11 gearing & 6.4 liter Hemi. AND a whole lot of electronic digital dashboard display features. The one I look at - accumulative miles per gallon. The display says - 17.4 mpg for the 11K miles. I do a whole lot of exploring on backcountry gravel roads.

I CERTAINLY did not buy this pickup ( I call it the Taco Wagon ) because I expected fantastic mileage. I bought as a fun vehicle. It is surely all of that. BTW - it's a gasser. Diesel Power Wagons due out this year.

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #4  
I would say you are in the ballpark for the mileage. Also just 1/2 inch different in gas pedal position can vary the fuel mileage by as much as 3 mpg. The problem is you don't feel the pedal position and as you drive your foot will slowly drop and mileage gets effects. My 2011 1500 will do 16 mpg for everyday driving 20 under correct conditions while running cruise control. With a trailer about 10-12.

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #5  
I have a 2019 Ram 5th gen with the hemi. I will check my mileage today and let you know. Got mine in October - love the truck.

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #6  
My brother has a 2019, and he gets 16mpg, it's his third new dodge (one was diesel) in 4 years and 16 to 18mpg is the best REAL WORLD millage he has got on either gasser.

I like to tease him about it, as my Silverado can do better than that, pulling a trailer! lol

SR

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #7  
Couldn't find an appropriate place to post this so here goes. Considering purchasing a new to me '19 or '20 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi and was wondering what the real world mileage is. We just bought a bunch of 1500's to 5500's at work and other than the stupid gear selector, I like them. Took one out for a bit of a toot the other day and the dash display said 20L per 100KM, I thought what the ****, that's only 14IMP MPG, no way, the display has to be whacked.......doesn't it?
I currently have a '15 Nissan Frontier with a 4.0L and I get 20 IMP MPG which I can tolerate
So my question, what do you get real world MPG with the Hemi.......Mike

Not sure I’d place too much faith in those numbers. Work trucks tend to get driven hard and idled a lot since they are not owner/operator trucks. Your mileage will probably be better with more professional care of your truck.
I have a 5500 Cummins arriving in a few days and I’m very curious of fuel mileage.

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #8  
I have a 2018 - 2500 Ram Power Wagon with 11K miles. The Power Wagon comes with 4.11 gearing & 6.4 liter Hemi. AND a whole lot of electronic digital dashboard display features. The one I look at - accumulative miles per gallon. The display says - 17.4 mpg for the 11K miles. I do a whole lot of exploring on backcountry gravel roads.

I CERTAINLY did not buy this pickup ( I call it the Taco Wagon ) because I expected fantastic mileage. I bought as a fun vehicle. It is surely all of that. BTW - it's a gasser. Diesel Power Wagons due out this year.

Always thought the diesel power wagon would be my fantasy off roader, but because of the extra front weight, I think your gasser might be a better dirt & mud truck than a comparable truck with heavier diesel.

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #9  
The sales person wondered if I wanted to wait and get a diesel Power Wagon. Diesel is kind of long haul. That's not how I use the Power Wagon. Besides with the gas engine it already weighs - 7540#. In the world of adventure off-roading - - a vehicle weighing 7540# makes a good anchor point for winching. Not so very great in deep mud or where weight is a negative.

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #10  
Fast Lane Truck(You-tube) tested the new Ram hemi+battery system and only got 17.6 mpg on a 100 mile loop at 70 mph.In general most don't purchase a truck for it's gas mileage.My 2017 Silverado with the 5.3 has gotten as good as 22.9 mpg on highway use but all around maybe 18mpg.