New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage
I have a 2019 Ram 5th gen with the hemi. I will check my mileage today and let you know. Got mine in October - love the truck.
Much appreciated.
Not sure I’d place too much faith in those numbers.
I was of the same mind set but saying that. I've kept track of my mileage for as long as I can remember thru my last 4-5 vehicles and I've found that if you take the ratings, which are all in USG and just consider it as IMP MPG, it's accurate.
Thanks for the replies all.........Mike

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #12  
My RAM 2019, I get 15.5mpg. That is mostly back roads. Very little highway. When I went to Florida in October I got about 20mpg while on the highway.

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #13  
IMG_0068.JPG. Here it is

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #14  
Consumer Reports got 17 mpg overall, 11 mpg city and 24 highway. They drive 150 miles and have a dedicated route so all vehicles are on an apples to apples basis. Their test 1500 has a V8 with mild hybrid system. The Ford F150 had the best mileage at 19 overall.

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage
Thanks SJAY, that's about 18.6 IMP MPG which is just a hair less than my Frontier which, considering a bigger truck and a bigger engine by 1.7L, isn't bad...M
**EDIT**
Nice truck btw, like the color

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #16  
Couldn't find an appropriate place to post this so here goes. Considering purchasing a new to me '19 or '20 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi and was wondering what the real world mileage is. We just bought a bunch of 1500's to 5500's at work and other than the stupid gear selector, I like them. Took one out for a bit of a toot the other day and the dash display said 20L per 100KM, I thought what the ****, that's only 14IMP MPG, no way, the display has to be whacked.......doesn't it?
I currently have a '15 Nissan Frontier with a 4.0L and I get 20 IMP MPG which I can tolerate
So my question, what do you get real world MPG with the Hemi.......Mike

Heres a good place to start if you want real world mileage

219 Ram 15 MPG - Actual MPG from 623 219 Ram 15 owners

Beware the outliers and pay more attention to location and total number of fuel ups. If someone has 50-100+ fuel ups its safer to assume those numbers will be more reliable than someone with only 8 fuel ups.

The average/median for the group seems to be around 15L/100km. You can refine your search by engine and model.

All car computers seem to be overly optimistic when reporting fuel economy and I wouldnt trust those numbers. You want actual fuel used vs actual mileage driven. Terrain and temperatures play a big factor in mileage.

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #17  
As long as the trucks being compared are similar (1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, big V8, small V8, gearing, weight) I would think more of it depends on your personal driving habits than brand.

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #18  
As long as the trucks being compared are similar (1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, big V8, small V8, gearing, weight) I would think more of it depends on your personal driving habits than brand.

I second this.

I have a 2010 Ram 1500 with the 5.7L multi-displacement that I bought new in February of 2010 and I've had fuel economy be anything from low/mid teens (lot of city driving/sitting at stop lights), to high teens/low twenties (normal commute which is mostly highway), to high twenties & closing on a 30 MPG average when driving long distance on interstates with pure gasoline (i.e. not ethanol blended).

Granted I opted for the highest axle ratio at the expense of rated towing/hauling capacity which may account for some of the higher end values, but the driving profile makes the biggest difference that I've seen. I usually add 300 to 400 miles a week (fill once a week usually down to ~1/4 tank when I fill)

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #19  
We do long term rentals on our trucks at work. We swap out every 12k miles. My current and last trucks were 5 gen Ram Limiteds. I average about 15-16 US mpg. The tank is small too. Have to stop every 2-2.5 hours when towing my wife’s horse trailer.

I would get as high as 20 mpg in the Ford ecoboost. The Ford with the little diesel would get 26 mpg on highway trips. It towed the trailer the best, but was a dog in town. Turbo lag was brutal.

I like the ergonomics of the Dodge over the Ford although the fords were cheaper to operate. Ford no longer offers a leveling suspension as well.

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #20  
We do long term rentals on our trucks at work. We swap out every 12k miles. My current and last trucks were 5 gen Ram Limiteds. I average about 15-16 US mpg. The tank is small too. Have to stop every 2-2.5 hours when towing my wife’s horse trailer.

I would get as high as 20 mpg in the Ford ecoboost. The Ford with the little diesel would get 26 mpg on highway trips. It towed the trailer the best, but was a dog in town. Turbo lag was brutal.

I like the ergonomics of the Dodge over the Ford although the fords were cheaper to operate. Ford no longer offers a leveling suspension as well.

And you could cure the RAM problem with an auxiliary fuel cell in the truck bed, or opt for a 2nd tank (if available as an option). I have had aux fuel tanks in my trucks for 15 years now and wonder how I ever got by without them.