New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #31  
My last hay run with a 10k load.....f350 gas.... dash.jpg

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #32  
All you fellows with your long distance trucks and large fuel tanks. Like deserteagle71 - my bladder needs attention long before I need to refuel. Just me & Brownie - lookin' for a bush. Besides - when I'm out and about - a whole lot of the gas stations are just a pump and credit card slot. The "restroom" is the next bush.

Sawyer Rob - and the sales person ( a VERY cute blonde, in my case ) doesn't even flinch when they give you the price. But, I figured, what the H*LL - I can't take it with me. Either spend it now or give it to my son when I depart. And the 2500 Power Wagon( Taco Wagon ) is SURE a whole lot of fun vehicle.

Agree. I like saving a buck as much or more than most. If fuel was $5/G, Id put fuel economy at or near the top of the list. When its $2/G, it becomes less important than towing, features, looks, power, room.....

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #33  
   / New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #34  
OUCH!
How does your wife let you have such a wasteful toy? :laughing:
Just kiddin :D

It's to get her hay..... she pays for the gas......:D

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #35  
Yep, I got 2 of those gas powered terds to polish. :laughing: They get lousy fuel mileage. Diesels much better.
I have ford, Chevy, and Dodge right now, including diesels... Yes, they are still Dodges no matter what they call them today!

BUT, Diesel right now here is $2.199 and gas is $1.049, and my diesel pu's can't get near the millage my new gas pu does,

standard.jpg

And it does better than that on trips. There was a day when I didn't buy anything but diesel pu's, but those days are long gone!

I have to haul one he!! of a load with a trailer, to make it worth it to put a diesel in front of it today.

BTW, we haul hay with a gas powered pu's and get better mileage than in the 8's...

standard.jpg

We deliver a lot of hay that way, cuz there's lots of hayburners around here...

SR

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #36  
I have ford, Chevy, and Dodge right now, including diesels... Yes, they are still Dodges no matter what they call them today!

BUT, Diesel right now here is $2.199 and gas is $1.049, and my diesel pu's can't get near the millage my new gas pu does,

standard.jpg

And it does better than that on trips. There was a day when I didn't buy anything but diesel pu's, but those days are long gone!

I have to haul one he!! of a load with a trailer, to make it worth it to put a diesel in front of it today.

BTW, we haul hay with a gas powered pu's and get better mileage than in the 8's...

standard.jpg

We deliver a lot of hay that way, cuz there's lots of hayburners around here...

SR

Nice, but Im rolling 22-26 4x5 @850 each.
It would squash the rear of a gas truck like that. Not enough rear axle or suspension capacity.
38,000lbs is typical scale weight. That’s exclusively diesel territory.
Every tool has its place. I like a gas truck for lighter work, no matter the fuel economy

Attachments

• EB836BA2-C735-4B38-B25B-4FDB6F0C6A06.jpeg
    EB836BA2-C735-4B38-B25B-4FDB6F0C6A06.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 140
   / New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage #37  
Nice, but Im rolling 22-26 4x5 @850 each.
It would squash the rear of a gas truck like that. Not enough rear axle or suspension capacity.
38,000lbs is typical scale weight. That’s exclusively diesel territory.
Every tool has its place. I like a gas truck for lighter work, no matter the fuel economy
Those are 4x5's at 850 to 900 ea...

Anyway, that's why they invented these,

standard.jpg

SR

/ New Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi mileage
I took the plunge LOL. Bought a NOS 2019 Ram 1500 crew, 6-1/2' box with a 5.7 Hemi, dark forest green metallic...aka black,least ways it looks black until the sun hits it right.
Had it 2 -1/2 weeks now and I'm getting 21MPG, now that's Imp gallons so US would be a bit lower, I don't have a lead foot neither. Believe it or not, that's slightly better than I was getting with my 2015 Frontier with a 4.0L.
I've made quite a few trips hauling a 3,000lb water trailer for my daughter and you wouldn't know it's even there, moves along 110kph and doesn't even strain. Tow mode is great as it'll downshift to help brake also multiple saveable braking settings for gain if you haul different trailers, I use one for empty tank and one for full.
So far I have no complaints other than it's a bus to park LOL but I expected that, I wouldn't want to drive downtown and try an park and at the drivethrus, you definitely have to plan your moves.
Wasn't a fan of the push button start but I like it now, especially when I unknowingly dropped the keys out of my pocket onto the floor of the truck, got out locked the door using the door button and then the horn started going off once I shut the door. I was 'What the .....I disabled the horn on lock, da*n truck is acting up".....no you dumb *****, you tried to lock your keys in the truck and it wouldn't let me lock the door.
Once the remote starter arrives, just have to install it and the dash cam and I'm good............Mike