New here - Should I care about written specs?

/ New here - Should I care about written specs?
One of your listed intended uses is "Move Pallets Of Stone". No compact or sub-compact I know of will move a pallet of stone. A pallet of stone is heavy, very heavy. Another thing to consider when looking is can you buy "Pallet Forks" for the tractor you are looking at and does it have "Quick Attach" features for the bucket and pallet forks.

I had not given enough thought to the weight of stones. That is a good one to consider for sizing. As far as pallet forks, I originally thought of the ones that attach to the front of the bucket but now realize that will just further reduce the load capacity. They really need to be in place of the bucket, not attached to the bucket. Quick Attach may very well be in order. Thanks for the great info!

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #12  
The tractor specs are a starting point to use to compare like sized, as already the Kubota BX is a Sub-Compact. A B2320 is more in same family as the Kioti and Mahindra models listed. The TYM273 is next frame size larger comparable to Kioti CK27, a TYM233 would be a comparison model for these others. Operator comfort, dealer support, & features and options are the 3 most important to me.

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #13  
We used some home made pallet/brush forks for years and last year finally bought a set of real pallet forks. I moved a LOT of trees and brush not to mention equipment and poles, misc. stuff with them; should have done it years ago.

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #14  
Another thing to consider when looking is can you buy "Pallet Forks" for the tractor you are looking at and does it have "Quick Attach" features for the bucket and pallet forks.

From what I recall, the only "quick attach" option for Kubota is if you use Skid Steer implements and get their SS plate adapter. You'd have to have a special plate welded to your stock bucket as well. It's a pretty pricey option that makes no sense to me as SS implements are typically heavier than CUT implements (reducing lifting capacity) and it's a lot of cost to add to the price of tractor just to HAVE a quick attach setup.

Deere's JDQA system works very well for me and is standardized within the product line. Anything that uses JDQA is interchangeable with anything else. Buckets, forks, and all different loaders.

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #15  
From what I recall, the only "quick attach" option for Kubota is if you use Skid Steer implements and get their SS plate adapter. You'd have to have a special plate welded to your stock bucket as well. It's a pretty pricey option that makes no sense to me as SS implements are typically heavier than CUT implements (reducing lifting capacity) and it's a lot of cost to add to the price of tractor just to HAVE a quick attach setup.

Deere's JDQA system works very well for me and is standardized within the product line. Anything that uses JDQA is interchangeable with anything else. Buckets, forks, and all different loaders.

Are you talking about the Kubota mentioned or Kubotas in general?

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #16  
I'm 99% sure the TYM T273 with TL200 loader comes standard with skid steer quick attach. (my local dealer only sells the large TYM)

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #17  
image-3182609516.jpg

edit: TYM T293 with TL250 pictured, sorry

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #18  
Are you talking about the Kubota mentioned or Kubotas in general?

I would have made that a "general" statement based on the little information I gathered about Kubota (from the local dealer) while tractor shopping last year. I am not overly familiar with the line (I did not care for the local dealer at all or the price for what I wanted, so I went with Deere), so I'm certainly not stating something that would necessarily be "Fact". I have to defer to the product owners for much more substantial and accurate / up-to-date information.

As stated in my original post, it was based on what I recalled.

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #19  
meburdick said:
I would have made that a "general" statement based on the little information I gathered about Kubota (from the local dealer) while tractor shopping last year. I am not overly familiar with the line (I did not care for the local dealer at all or the price for what I wanted, so I went with Deere), so I'm certainly not stating something that would necessarily be "Fact". I have to defer to the product owners for much more substantial and accurate / up-to-date information.

As stated in my original post, it was based on what I recalled.

I would disagree with your generalization. The skid steer adapter is an industry standard when dealing with full size equipment.

I can go to any rental yard and rent any loader attachment without worries of will it attach to my L5030 FEL.

Bobcat has a contractors rental yard about 20 miles from me - their list of attachments makes me drool!!

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #20  
Kubota Tractor Corporation | B Series B3200HSD

If you were considering side work I'd say go bigger, but this will do it all for you. You have several dealers nearby, so visit them, ride it, assess the dealers with your gut. The choice of dealer can mean happiness or despair. If you have to travel far to a dealer, at some point perhaps neither of you will be happy.

The other machines/brands are just fine too; there aren't many "bad" tractors out there. Size wise, it's a question of time vs. money... which resource is more abundant for you? The above Kubota is a good compromise of time and money (for your uses), including it's ability to use reasonably sized implements.

BTW... I see you're near Teknion. I re-built that building, years ago. Brings back memories....